Fore4

Reaction score
Handicap
I shoot in the low 90's and am in the process of practicing and taking a few lessons. I am looking for a combo type of iron set (game improvement/workability/players) and have been really liking the Mizuno MP lineup. I thought I might be going with the MP-H4 set but now have discovered the MP-5, MP15, and the MP25 & 53 models. Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

I know it's not a combo, but I'd look at the EZ Forged lineup.

I don't know your game personally, but if you're shooting in the 90's, and you go through spurts of struggling making center face contact at all, I'd stay away from the MP-5/15/25's, as well as the 53's. If you really want Mizuno's from their MP line, a full set of H4's might be the way to go. I'd also give a look to the JPX 850 and EZ forged lines though.

If all you want out of the irons is that they just look good, any of those would be great options, but they are going to require pretty consistent ball striking to utilize them well. especially the MP5's.

Have to agree on looking at the JPX 850 and EZ forged lines.

I don't know your game personally, but if you're shooting in the 90's, and you go through spurts of struggling making center face contact at all, I'd stay away from the MP-5/15/25's, as well as the 53's. If you really want Mizuno's from their MP line, a full set of H4's might be the way to go. I'd also give a look to the JPX 850 and EZ forged lines though.

If all you want out of the irons is that they just look good, any of those would be great options, but they are going to require pretty consistent ball striking to utilize them well. especially the MP5's.

Thanks, I do hit the ball center and don't have much of a directional issue. Its I do not have a full correct swing therefore my ball travels straight most of the time, just not that far. I am confident I will correct this and therefore feel the JPX & EZ models are more extreme than I need. I like what I see and read on the MP-H4's but just heard some great things about the MP-53's. Thanks

I almost purchased the MP-h4 model. They felt so good and were easy to hit.

Thanks, I do hit the ball center and don't have much of a directional issue. Its I do not have a full correct swing therefore my ball travels straight most of the time, just not that far. I am confident I will correct this and therefore feel the JPX & EZ models are more extreme than I need. I like what I see and read on the MP-H4's but just heard some great things about the MP-53's. Thanks

Not sure why you have the mindset that any club is too extreme, there are pros on the PGA tour that use clubs that are considered "game improvement" clubs, but to each their own. I just feel you're doing yourself a disservice to discount any club as extreme in terms of any sort of forgiveness. We all play this game for different reasons and choose our equipment to suit our needs/wants, but clubs such as the EZ forged or JPX 850 won't hold you back in any way shape or form. Good luck on your search!

H4's for me!

Agree with the JPX series. If you have your heart set on MP's, Check out the 54's. They are a pretty forgiving club for an MP and you can find them for good deals.

I play the 15's and enjoy them. They are somewhat forgiving, but the distance loss on off center hits can be an issue at times. Toe hits are worse. As far as moving the ball left and right or playing knockdown shots, that is no problem.
I would definitely put some swing time in with them off turf before making a decision.
Good luck.

Back