How Long Do You Take To Make A Golf Purchase?

dhartmann34

Reaction score
Handicap
When you're in the market for something (Clubs, Balls, Bag, Etc...) how long do you take to make the actual purchase?

Are you a researcher that wants to find everything out about the product, test it out and read reviews? Do you just buy it? Do you wait to find it at a cheaper price? What are your tendencies when making a purchase?

I'll just say that typically I go from the "equipment pondering" thread to the "what golf stuff did you buy today" thread pretty quickly.

If i see it, i buy it. Obviously i do a little research but the most i can hold out is a few days.

Thats a loaded question for me. sometimes its months others its minutes. On a realistic view usually about a 2 weeks or so to decide if I really want it.

Let's just say I've pondered my next iron purchase for awhile now. Had them within my grips today and let myself get outbid. Then again I tend to purchase golf equipment out of the blue as well.

About a week. I spend a lot of time researching what I want to get, mostly form reviews here, then I go to the store and try it out, second guess all my research, and walk out with something completely different.
I do want a new carry bag, and I am getting the one I am looking at after I saw it last week. I might also leave with some other stuff.

golf shoes, I'm pretty quick. Other things, I like to take my time on.

I am a terrible impulse buyer, if I want something I go and get it...In some cases I shop the cheapest value, but I would say 9/10 I pull the trigger and just go for it......... The wife is not a huge fan of my impulse buying

Bought a set of clubs over 20 years ago and then a new set 2 years ago. If I had the money I would look, test and buy muuuuch quicker :act-up:

I am always a second guesser when it comes to clubs. I have been looking for irons for 2+ years and I have been ready to pull the trigger once. I sent out some emails to a fitter for some Bridgestone J15 CB Irons, got payment ready, then was told they were back-ordered for a few months. Haven't had the urge to buy an iron set since, but it will be something I will do in the near future.

Usually not long from the time I decide I'm in the market to when I purchase. I would say it's between a day and a week for most decisions

It is based on need or want.

If I need... say a new set of irons because my current set sucks (you know it's never the golfer's swing it's always an equipment issue). I buy ASAP once I get a price I like. I NEVER pay retail.

If I want it. I usually do extensive research including online, demo days, and etc. Again price is a huge factor. Once I'm satisfied, I usually pull the trigger.

Are you a researcher that wants to find everything out about the product, test it out and read reviews? YES
Do you just buy it? YES
Do you wait to find it at a cheaper price? YES/MAYBE/NO

:D

I'm always shopping, so when I get cleared hot to make a purchase, it's usually bought about 45 seconds later.

I know your tendencies ALL TOO WELL :p

Are you a researcher that wants to find everything out about the product, test it out and read reviews? YES
Do you just buy it? YES
Do you wait to find it at a cheaper price? YES/MAYBE/NO

:D

Waiting to see Kang's reply to this thread. :alien:

Sometimes it is really quick-a suggestion in a shop or seeing a picture online. This is typical of clothes or shoes. For clubs, I tend to do research and search for the best price. That could take hours or weeks.

Just seconds or as fast as I can type, whichever is faster. :act-up:

I'm slow, I research test, research test then ponder slow before I buy clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to be pretty quick, but after enough impulse buy to for sale sign adventures I'm a lot slower.

It also helps that I've gotten to where I'm pretty content with all of my gear, so there's less of a perceived need.

A couple of things have my eye, but buying them now wouldn't be smart on my part. Now I'm content to wait, but in the past I would have had to have it.

Bag's shoes clothes hats... really don't think for more than 60 seconds (how long it takes to check my fun money bank account)
irons drivers putters... a little longer, I want to be able to test the clubs out to see if they fit me first

Waiting to see Kang's reply to this thread. :alien:

He can't reply...He's got too many windows open with new purchases :p
Hahaha go figure lol

If it's something I really want I buy it pretty quickly. Shoes, clothes, and bags I tend to take my time. Clubs I tend to buy quickly once I decide it's something that interests me

I am an overanalyzer, so it typically takes me reviewing every possible scenario before I finally pull the trigger, just as with my recent iron purchase. It took me 2 solid months to go from fitting to purchase.

The plus side is I am typically pretty happy with my purchases (though not always).

Impulse or somewhat researched, as long as it takes me to drive to Golf Mart. I typically read up on whatever item I'm pondering here first and then I pull the trigger.

Back