The 2016 Gauntlet with Callaway Golf

I have been unable to play or practice much this week. Luckily, I have a few rounds coming this weekend. Gotta work on the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My rounds this coming week will come via the NorCal Crew get together! Poppy Ridge on Friday, Laguna Seca on Saturday and Poppy Hills on Sunday. During the week I'll get to the range a couple times as well.

Had four rounds in the last seven days and the rust is shaking off like Taylor swift sang it.

Had four rounds in the last seven days and the rust is shaking off like Taylor swift sang it.

65080997.jpg

My rounds this coming week will come via the NorCal Crew get together! Poppy Ridge on Friday, Laguna Seca on Saturday and Poppy Hills on Sunday. During the week I'll get to the range a couple times as well.

We'll get you Gauntlet ready Josh!

I played 9 at lunch today and played so well - 39. My swing has improved so much in the last 2 weeks its stupid crazy. Now that my instructor has me swinging flatter and clearing better that as long as I don't fall into my old ways, I feel confident my game has gone to the next level. It's amazing. Heck, if I was able to take my back 9 yesterday and front 9 today, it would have been a 75!

Well Vow renewal went off without a hitch this past weekend. So this week the road to the gauntlet begins for me!

So now that is seems old man winter is losing his grip on these United States and prep for #TheGauntlet is starting to ratchet up, I thought it would be fun to do a little pre-Gauntlet power rankings. Enjoy!

Team Jason Finley

Jason Finley - Well like all villans, they end up losing in the end. No surprise here as all that's left of Finley is that laugh echoing from the HOF.

Pokeslice- A late edition to the team but he has some potential as he lives near Kang and can gear up pretty heavy for this event. But will the game travel?

Mpeterson - Team captain for RR and I think he and Finley fight for control of the team.

tanker337 - Just celebrated 10 years of wedded bliss. At least he won in one aspect of life.

Team Johnny Rodriguez

Johnny Rodriguez - Can he 3-peat? I think it's unlikely. I mean even Hank Haney can sort out that mess of a golf game. (insert clever photoshopped photo of JRod's head on Lefty's winning jump at the Masters)...

wubears71 - Guy has been on the course so much that he forgot he was married with a newborn. He will need some tips from Tanker for the proper balance.

BigDG - does he remember he was chosen? It's golf season, time to put the knitting needles down and work on that short game.

JP_CO - New to these events and not sure that he will be able to stand up to the pressure. A few pars against him and he will fold like an origami crane.

Team AJ Voelpel

AJ Voelpel -* Yo AJ! It's the Gauntlet! This isn't the time for cute puppies and double rainbows!

X.Man - not sure he will even have a bag that is older than 4 days. Guy changes clubs more than a woman changes her outfit in any given day.

stevececil - haven't seen him yet in here but I think he's still coming, hopefully he knows this is a golf trip and you will need a full set of clubs and a bag to carry said clubs.

Awkward Silence - don't let the name cool you, guy won't stop talking but a good way to quiet him is threaten to put a snake in his cart. Works everytime.

Team Ethan Ganot

Ethan Ganot - If you set a bottle of Malort and a cactus costume out and you will never know he was there. Probably in the bar waiting to give out beer recommendations.

rozo22 - One of the few who actually claim to be from Michigan. Will he get his revenge for not getting picked in RR or will melt under the pressure?

BigTex - A Texan all the way but without the Texas roll will be be able to make the adjustment to playing real golf. Time will tell.

Spivey - Home field advantage here so that could help out possibly. Really the only chance Team Ethan might have.

Team Stripe Show

Chris Velardo - It's hard to tell where his game is at but it's been rumored that he had been working on his twerking tirelessly.

Will82 - Working hard on his game so it's possible he will be prepared but this is the big stage, well he be ready?

arwin - another rookie to the THP major circuit and it's hard to tell where he's at with his game. He's got some proving to do.

mixalot - Baby got back but does baby got game? Little down the middle but he's got much backspin.

Team Rookie

Steve Sourigno - new to the THP events but he was there to witness the Grandaddy, the greatest golf event on the planet, and he's looking to take on the Gauntlet and make it his, well you know.

Molten - one guy who will be prepared. Putting in this of work for RR so this will be a breeze.

GregDan - Heard that guy is just plain awesome. Always the Favorite to win and while he hasn't lived up to his potential yet, watch out this year since this will be his breakout year.

Mr. Hicksta - Guy is hungry to win. Getting his bag set early and getting his game in shape to take on the Gauntlet and come out on top.

Be on the lookout for more power rankings as this event gets closer and everything becomes a little clearer.

Haven't been in here much other than to lurk in the shadows. Got clearance to play from my Dr. (bad shoulder) so I have been to the range a couple times with a couple of rounds scheduled. I will do all I can for Team AJ!

GregDan -
Love the rankings! Looking forward to updates as the event gets nearer (like Joe Lunardi and Bracketology).

Power rankings!! Bwahaha! #AintScared!

Team Stripe Show is fine with being the underdog...But I just want to know how Team AJ got ranked so high?
These are only preliminary rankings. We all know how accurate those are...

Hahahaha! Yes! Well played sir, well played!

Well DanGreg won the internet today... LMAO

My only critique is you forget the u in favourite...

So now that is seems old man winter is losing his grip on these United States and prep for #TheGauntlet is starting to ratchet up, I thought it would be fun to do a little pre-Gauntlet power rankings. Enjoy!

Team Jason Finley

Doesn't matter because they will lose!

Team Johnny Rodriguez - THE FAVORITES!!!!!!!!!!

Johnny Rodriguez - Can he 3-peat? I think it's unlikely. I mean even Hank Haney can sort out that mess of a golf game. (insert clever photoshopped photo of JRod's head on Lefty's winning jump at the Masters)...

wubears71 - Guy has been on the course so much that he forgot he was married with a newborn. He will need some tips from Tanker for the proper balance.

BigDG - does he remember he was chosen? It's golf season, time to put the knitting needles down and work on that short game.

JP_CO - New to these events and not sure that he will be able to stand up to the pressure. A few pars against him and he will fold like an origami crane.

Team AJ Voelpel

Team Ethan Ganot

Team Rookie

Be on the lookout for more power rankings as this event gets closer and everything becomes a little clearer.

Fixed it for you! Nice try on the first power rankings.

Fixed it for you! Nice try on the first power rankings.

We all know the Cliff Notes version is generally riddled with errors :wink:

You guys are adorable.

I am rooting for you brother, your game in the desert is going to be deadly!

Thanks brother! I'm gonna be ready and that HOF tag is ours!

Is that because his ball striking will lead him to spend a lot of time around poisonous snakes?

Is that because his ball striking will lead him to spend a lot of time around poisonous snakes?

I kill snakes on the fly. Kill them and kick back into the fairway.

You think we worried about poison?! We grew up on poison.

f74035f9037eabf92514428ee8719b81.jpg

Team Jason Finley

Jason Finley - Well like all villans, they end up losing in the end. No surprise here as all that's left of Finley is that laugh echoing from the HOF.

Pokeslice- A late edition to the team but he has some potential as he lives near Kang and can gear up pretty heavy for this event. But will the game travel?

Mpeterson - Team captain for RR and I think he and Finley fight for control of the team.

tanker337 - Just celebrated 10 years of wedded bliss. At least he won in one aspect of life.

Team Johnny Rodriguez

Team AJ Voelpel

AJ Voelpel -* Yo AJ! It's the Gauntlet! This isn't the time for cute puppies and double rainbows!

X.Man - not sure he will even have a bag that is older than 4 days. Guy changes clubs more than a woman changes her outfit in any given day.

stevececil - haven't seen him yet in here but I think he's still coming, hopefully he knows this is a golf trip and you will need a full set of clubs and a bag to carry said clubs.

Awkward Silence - don't let the name cool you, guy won't stop talking but a good way to quiet him is threaten to put a snake in his cart. Works everytime.

Team Ethan Ganot

Ethan Ganot - If you set a bottle of Malort and a cactus costume out and you will never know he was there. Probably in the bar waiting to give out beer recommendations.

rozo22 - One of the few who actually claim to be from Michigan. Will he get his revenge for not getting picked in RR or will melt under the pressure?

BigTex - A Texan all the way but without the Texas roll will be be able to make the adjustment to playing real golf. Time will tell.

Spivey - Home field advantage here so that could help out possibly. Really the only chance Team Ethan might have.

Team Stripe Show

Chris Velardo - It's hard to tell where his game is at but it's been rumored that he had been working on his twerking tirelessly.

Will82 - Working hard on his game so it's possible he will be prepared but this is the big stage, well he be ready?

arwin - another rookie to the THP major circuit and it's hard to tell where he's at with his game. He's got some proving to do.

mixalot - Baby got back but does baby got game? Little down the middle but he's got much backspin.

Team Rookie

Steve Sourigno - new to the THP events but he was there to witness the Grandaddy, the greatest golf event on the planet, and he's looking to take on the Gauntlet and make it his, well you know.

Molten - one guy who will be prepared. Putting in this of work for RR so this will be a breeze.

GregDan - Heard that guy is just plain awesome. Always the Favorite to win and while he hasn't lived up to his potential yet, watch out this year since this will be his breakout year.

Mr. Hicksta - Guy is hungry to win. Getting his bag set early and getting his game in shape to take on the Gauntlet and come out on top.

This is hall of fame worthy. Maybe that makes GregDan the favorite...:D

Team Jason Finley

Team Johnny Rodriguez

Team AJ Voelpel

Team Ethan Ganot

Team Stripe Show

Team Rookie

Lol this was awesome and made my day!

I've definitely got some proving to do!

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

Back