How Long Do You Take To Make A Golf Purchase?

Clubs ... I am slow ... usually next years version has come out before I decide ... after I discovered I could not "buy a game" ... I no longer feel the need to have the latest and greatest that is going to improve my game ...and I can't buy clubs on my "lunch money" budget.

Everything else ... impulse ... I walked into Golf Smith just to look while the wife is in Home Goods ... walk out with a purchase ... who knew?

It depends! 10 minutes to three weeks! And everything in between!

Clubs, irons and electronics; I'll research and test before buying. Bags, clothing and shoes; I'll buy them as soon as I see them. If I like something I don't usually second guess it.

I'm slow. I demo clubs on the course and on the range first, then I decide.

With my last purchase (Apex CF16 Irons), I was on ponder mode for a few months (demo, then fitted). Laid ground work with the wife, saved up gift cards, and pulled the trigger, it was a several month process.
Before I got married, I went from ponder to purchase with lightning quick speed.

Dax

When you're in the market for something (Clubs, Balls, Bag, Etc...) how long do you take to make the actual purchase?
Are you a researcher that wants to find everything out about the product, test it out and read reviews? DEFINITELY YES
Do you wait to find it at a cheaper price? Mostly YES, I hate paying full price

Thanks to the interwebs and smart phone my ponder when playing has gone to purchased before finishing the next hole. I'm a sick dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once the bug bites, about 12 seconds. Then I change my mind and do it again and again. After all it is all the clubs fault and this past Sunday the ball was too white and reflected the sun into my eyes making hitting the ball seemingly impossible. And the grips were too small.....

I just read the reviews here, see what's said by someone that is about the same cap, if good I'll pull the trigger as soon as I can get to store.

I usually take quite a bit of time from when a ponder starts to when a club is brought home. I like to take the required time to test the product on a few separate occasions and make sure it outperforms what I'm currently using. Once that has been established then the deal hunting begins. Once a deal I like is found I pull the trigger or back off and never revisit it.

I take forever and look for deals hate full price

Research and reviews vs. want and need. Of course, a good sale overrides all other criteria!

I take forever. I research, look for deals, read reviews, see what other THPers have to say, look for MORE deals...

Usually i buy nothing at retail even though i will start the year with irons new for 2016 but i was able to trade for 95 % of the cost it is the exception and by no means the rule , and i have found unless a buyer wants to they dont need to ..yes i try to do a little research on equipment if it's something i am not familier with however most
times i dont buy obscure items so info on most things is readily available if one chooses to search it out , the most difficult thing i find to buy online is shoes as unless someone wants to stick to
one brand as nike , adidas and footjoy all size differently than each other ... another thing with me and clubs i try to trade items in have to offset costs for something different and i am used to
that as i have doing that for the last 25 years and it's worked out okay because i have bought , sold or traded and purchased again and repeated so many times that i dont remember how many times t have do it or the clubs involved because it's hundreds and hundreds of times

oh ... sometimes i wait weeks or even months to buy certain things or on the other hand if it's something i really want .. there is no waiting .. i just buy it ..

Clothes I will get quickly, my clubs I read every review I could find then searched until I found the best price I was willing to pay.

I'm confident Canadan, Jimmynumbers and Kang can vouch for my epic wavering on purchases!

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Normally not an impulse buyer. Will read reviews, do other research then shop for the best possible price.

I take for flippin' ever. I try every argument I can think of to talk myself out of it. In fact, my wife usually has to talk me into pulling the trigger.

Balls and things like that I don't wait long for. I get what I need when I need it. But clubs and bad and things like that I tend to take my sweet time with it always looking to find a better deal than what's in front of me. I guess it's the fact that I feel guilty when making big purchases for myself

Drivers very fast. Irons slow and wedges slow. ...f/w I rarely switch if it works and putters very slow.

Whenever the Minister of Finance releases funds to me.

Currently thinking about moving to a different set of irons because I feel a bit stuck with what I have, that I cant go forwards with them in lowering my handicap... stuck until I get permission ;)

I find what I enjoy hitting and then scour ebay till I can find one at half of retail. I have never bought a driver or irons at full retail. Might be slightly used but that never bothered me.

Well I usually have to go hit it and demo the club first. Then I read tons of reviews from THP. If then I feel good about it I usually head to the bay and start searching. I will figure out what the going price is and set my mind to that. I will wait sometimes weeks of bidding and searching to get the deal I have set my mind to.

Also once I decide I want to make a purchase I start looking at the marketplace as well

When you're in the market for something (Clubs, Balls, Bag, Etc...) how long do you take to make the actual purchase?

Are you a researcher that wants to find everything out about the product, test it out and read reviews? Do you just buy it? Do you wait to find it at a cheaper price? What are your tendencies when making a purchase?

I'm usually pretty deliberate. Will do some research and then wait for a sale or something like that.

I usually buy something pretty quickly after deciding its something that works for me. I do research things but after I hit them and like them, it usually doesn't take very long. Oddly enough I feel like it takes me much longer to buy clothes or shoes. I feel like I look for deals more on those items.

Back