UST Mamiya Elements Helium Shaft Review Thread

It is really good in the fairway woods. I typically play a little heavier in the fairway woods, but I was hitting the driver shaft so well I gave it a go. I have it in my 13 and 16 fairway woods and I am not going back.

Danny

My driver SS is 104, mid ball flight. Really hold angle through attack. What would you recommend. Goind to place in the new XR

It is really good in the fairway woods. I typically play a little heavier in the fairway woods, but I was hitting the driver shaft so well I gave it a go. I have it in my 13 and 16 fairway woods and I am not going back.

Danny

Thats good to know. Want to get my hands on this shaft.

It is easy to launch with this shaft. I typically struggle with fairway woods off the deck and this combo is easy to launch with the stability associated with heavier shafts.

Danny

Would stiff help with a high ball flight?

It is easy to launch with this shaft. I typically struggle with fairway woods off the deck and this combo is easy to launch with the stability associated with heavier shafts.

Danny

Thanks for taking the time Danny! I really appreciate it!

You hit it a mile is all I remember and the look on your face when we hit out on the range was priceless! I think you should try the 59X.

Danny
I did. Plus the ball flight was perfect. If there was a way to try the X I would be all for it. Since they won't be in retail for awhile I'll just have to wait. I hate waiting. Haha

I did. Plus the ball flight was perfect. If there was a way to try the X I would be all for it. Since they won't be in retail for awhile I'll just have to wait. I hate waiting. Haha

i can't wait til they get to retail. Danny's com mets about the use in his 13&16* woods has me intrigued to try because I struggle with woods off the deck too.

I'm seeing these shafts online for $325. Will they be the same when they hit retail?

The shaft I won came in today. I have to decide how I want to use it. Do I get the adapter for my Callaway Big Bertha 815 or do I try to find a different driver head for it. Decisions, decisions, decisions. I need to email UST and get the characteristics of the shaft before I do anything though. I want to make sure I do it right.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The shaft I won came in today. I have to decide how I want to use it. Do I get the adapter for my Callaway Big Bertha 815 or do I try to find a different driver head for it. Decisions, decisions, decisions. I need to email UST and get the characteristics of the shaft before I do anything though. I want to make sure I do it right.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Or you can send it my way.... I kid, congrats.

I know lots of people who can use some help launching a 3 wood off the deck, namely me! This will have to be more closely evaluated!

Wow Shane, that was a good first look. I am interested in this shaft for a fairway wood.
Thanks, man. I am also interested (and getting more and more interested every time I hit the driver shaft) in the HE for my GBB 3wd.

Danny
Good to know. I've been daydreaming about trying the Helium in 49g S and 59g R & S for my 3wd.

Which weight/stiffness did you get? Did you see my first post that highlights some of the features/characteristics of the Helium line? You were probably wanting more specific info, but I just wanted to make sure you saw it.

Wasn't hitting many fairways on Monday with my Helium / XR 16 combo but once again ball was flying and rolling great distances for me. I just have to remember to NOT try so damn hard.

Photos installed in XR 16 head:

47c453ebd89973a6602ffd5eba483aeb.jpg

2b876fe662ea81c8d3599c6d2f6d6d3a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which weight/stiffness did you get? Did you see my first post that highlights some of the features/characteristics of the Helium line? You were probably wanting more specific info, but I just wanted to make sure you saw it.

I did read it and it is good info! I am about a step up remedial learning when it comes to shafts!!! I got the 4f3 which is a regular flex. Weight is 49 and I think that the torque is 6.2 with high launch (I did a little research). Main think I am concerned with is if will be match up well with my my BB 815 or should try it in something else.

Received my THP Helium shaft, HE4F3 (49g, R) curious to see how the lighter shaft with a regular flex shaft will do for me.

Going to put a lamkin UTX on it and need to tip it with a Cobra MyFly8 adapter before it sees the course.

26989836fc793ea8efdcc92b77bda92c.jpg

I did read it and it is good info! I am about a step up remedial learning when it comes to shafts!!! I got the 4f3 which is a regular flex. Weight is 49 and I think that the torque is 6.2 with high launch (I did a little research). Main think I am concerned with is if will be match up well with my my BB 815 or should try it in something else.
Makes sense...I'd be wondering the same thing if I were you. What weight and flex do you usually play?

Received my THP Helium shaft, HE4F3 (49g, R) curious to see how the lighter shaft with a regular flex shaft will do for me.

Going to put a lamkin UTX on it and need to tip it with a Cobra MyFly8 adapter before it sees the course.
Very cool! What flex and weight do you usually play?

Makes sense...I'd be wondering the same thing if I were you. What weight and flex do you usually play?

Very cool! What flex and weight do you usually play?

62g stiff in my pxv

Reguar flex. I believe the weight is 50g. I went ahead an ordered the adapter for my Big Bertha 815. That way I can compare apples to apples with the Bassara I have in it now.

26989836fc793ea8efdcc92b77bda92c.jpg

You went reg flex? With that action you have?

Danny
This is good info. I think I am going to put my recently received helium into my GBB 3w

You went reg flex? With that action you have?

It was the winning shaft! I'll grip it tip it and put it up against my pxv with some reviews.

If the dispersion isn't as tight as I need, maybe i find a good home for it or I hang on to it.

Because I was intrigued by how long we've been hearing about the Helium shaft, I asked Danny (#TheRealDannyLe - better recognize) some questions about the prototyping process. He was kind enough to provide some great answers. Thanks, Danny!

Here is the Q&A.

Do you think there is any interesting info we could provide about the prototyping process?
During the initial phase, we try and figure out where the product would fall in our matrix and use that as a starting point. We also look at the market landscape to see how we can be different and provide a product that is better. It is very hard in the shaft world. When you look at Recoil and what that has done with the iron shaft category, we are extremely happy with the end result. Another example is Elements Helium. The lightweight category is seen as a shaft for slower swing speeds and a way for them to pick up more speed. We would always get feedback that they were not stable enough but took the extra distance. Elements Helium is a very stable structure that is playable for all types of players.

Who is involved?
At UST Mamiya, we try and involve everyone in the process. Engineering, Marketing, Sales and anyone else that will listen to me.

Who are your testers?
Testers are product driven, but for the most part we take most pieces out to tour and find local players around the DFW area to test. We also utilize our Advisory Board across the country to help get feedback from real golfers.

How long does it usually take?
Each product is different
Concept
Shaft design (we typically go through several iterations to hit target specs)
Shaft testing (durability for each prototype)
Shaft approval
Player testing (If player testing goes well, then the shaft is approved. If the player testing does not go well, we have to start the design process again.)
During the initial concept, we will work with our graphic artist to develop art work

Why does it take 18-24+ months to go from prototype to retail? Etc?
See above

Tried the GBB w/ Elements Helium earlier this week, and it was okay on the range. I wasn't thrilled with it in play, but it may have totally been a bad swing thing. I will give it another go and report back.

UST Mamiya Elements Helium Shaft Review Thread

I've decided to put my helium shaft into my GBB 3 wood. Cut the shaft down per Danny's suggestion and just waiting to get my adapter tip from Golfworks. Should have it together and out on the course within a week or so.
Lots of feedback to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back