Visiting Seattle In April - Chambers Bay or recommendations?

fatandugly

Reaction score
Handicap
Visiting in the middle of April and want to play a nice course while I'm up there. I was fascinated by Chambers Bay watching it on TV last year but sometimes reality might be much different than what TV shows. Has anyone played there that can chime in with pros and cons? Any recommendations on courses for the Seattle area?

Thanks!

Welcome to THP!

Chambers is really a great experience IMO, so long as you are willing to accept a few crazy bounces and wild greens. The course is great fun as a near-links experience, and there aren't many other places to get that in the continental US. My good friend tequila4kapp wrote a great review on the track 2 years ago, check it out here, should be some great info for you: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?55760-Course-Review-Chambers-Bay

If you want to save a little money vs the Chambers experience (which is pretty pricy - no less than about $125 or so), I would also recommend that you check out the following tracks in the Seattle area, which I really enjoy:

The Home Course (DuPont, WA)
Gold Mountain - Olympic Course (Bremerton, WA)
Newcastle Golf Club - either course (Newcastle, WA)
Druids Glen (Auburn, WA)
Washington National (Auburn, WA)

Hope that helps man!

Chambers Bay is worth the money IMO. One of the most fun rounds I have ever played

Welcome to THP!

Chambers is really a great experience IMO, so long as you are willing to accept a few crazy bounces and wild greens. The course is great fun as a near-links experience, and there aren't many other places to get that in the continental US. My good friend tequila4kapp wrote a great review on the track 2 years ago, check it out here, should be some great info for you: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?55760-Course-Review-Chambers-Bay

If you want to save a little money vs the Chambers experience (which is pretty pricy - no less than about $125 or so), I would also recommend that you check out the following tracks in the Seattle area, which I really enjoy:

The Home Course (DuPont, WA)
Gold Mountain - Olympic Course (Bremerton, WA)
Newcastle Golf Club - either course (Newcastle, WA)
Druids Glen (Auburn, WA)
Washington National (Auburn, WA)

Hope that helps man!

If I were visiting the Seattle area, there are two must plays - Chambers Bay and Gold Mountain. If you are adding a 3rd, I would play The Home Course and as a distant fourth, Newcastle. (Newcastle is seriously overpriced, however.) If you can somehow manage to get on Sahalee, Aldarra, or TPC Snoqualmie Ridge, do it.

I loved playing Chambers Bay with Tequila, TH34, and Saskey. What a fun course!
I just don't think it's worth what they charge during peak season.

I have played it 3 times and come away grumbling about conditions every time. Still, if you are in the area Chambers is kind of a must play. How many chances do we get to play US Open courses?

I really enjoyed the Gold Mountain - Olympic Course in Bremerton a lot. If you have 2 days to play golf this would be a solid option.

BTW, welcome to the site!

If I were visiting the Seattle area, there are two must plays - Chambers Bay and Gold Mountain. If you are adding a 3rd, I would play The Home Course and as a distant fourth, Newcastle. (Newcastle is seriously overpriced, however.) If you can somehow manage to get on Sahalee, Aldarra, or TPC Snoqualmie Ridge, do it.

Absolutely agree...but it's not as overpriced as Chambers haha, particularly in the summer.

Agree, the most obvious choices to play are CB and GM.

Played at chambers bay last year.... what an experience.... do it!!!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I will also be up there for one day next month, have played Chambers once so hoping we can get over to Gold Mountain. Will update with thoughts wherever it ends up we play.

I second all those courses and add Salish Cliffs. Its a bit out of Olympia.

Back