OGIO 525 Backpack and MOD Pouch Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Lots of features in that backpack, seems like it would be really durable and last a really long time, justifying the price

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This bag is pretty badass.

After the initial shock of the lack of size in the main pocket and realizing it’s because unlike other packs I have it has a TON of supplemental storage and pockets, it’s a pretty fantastic setup.

Will be getting its first travel this weekend as far as airport time goes, I’m eager to see how it goes.

• Admin

After the initial shock of the lack of size in the main pocket and realizing it’s because unlike other packs I have it has a TON of supplemental storage and pockets, it’s a pretty fantastic setup.

Will be getting its first travel this weekend as far as airport time goes, I’m eager to see how it goes.

Its actually my favorite feature. I hate that most backpacks are just a gigantic middle where everything falls down there and reminds me of a full diaper.

Its actually my favorite feature. I hate that most backpacks are just a gigantic middle where everything falls down there and reminds me of a full diaper.

Haha, it’s true though. Funny thing is most of us are ingrained for that to be the norm. Most backpack time for someone comes in school and the necessity there is that big pocket, or alternatively you have a 4yo and twin 1yo’s and need that book bag to become a diaper bag, lmao

Here though the way the storage it spread around d the bag in pretty sizeable pockets that aren’t just the old tiny accessory pockets is a big deal.

Add the mod in and it’s better.

I legit went from underwhelmed at first unpacking to very pleased.

Though for me I couldn’t fathom going smaller than the 525

• Admin
Haha, it’s true though. Funny thing is most of us are ingrained for that to be the norm. Most backpack time for someone comes in school and the necessity there is that big pocket, or alternatively you have a 4yo and twin 1yo’s and need that book bag to become a diaper bag, lmao

Here though the way the storage it spread around d the bag in pretty sizeable pockets that aren’t just the old tiny accessory pockets is a big deal.

Add the mod in and it’s better.

I legit went from underwhelmed at first unpacking to very pleased.

Though for me I couldn’t fathom going smaller than the 525

There new golf bags are the same. What looks ordinary, really questions why others are not doing the same. Its been a fun journey to watch a brand basically start from scratch and create something different.

Love my backpack and have used it every day for work since getting it. I didnt think I would have a use for the mod pouch but I keep my phone cord and other cords in there and it has been real nice to have. I dont think Ive found a permanent use for every pocket and zipper but thats a good thing haha and the quality of the backpack and legit. Very sturdy and Ive gotten it dirty a few times but a simple wipe takes care of it.

As someone who loves a good backpack and is in need of a new one, I like how this one sets up, I tend to put my bags through the ringer and it looks like this one can handle that and then some.

Great review and thanks for all the great details.

There new golf bags are the same. What looks ordinary, really questions why others are not doing the same. Its been a fun journey to watch a brand basically start from scratch and create something different.

I just wish the big stand bag wasn’t so heavy. Beyond that, I really like the looks of that one.

Great write-up James.

2.4 lbs is a solid weight. Also the cordura poly is very durable.

The detachable pouches are great especially as you said for air travel.

$149.99 is fairly priced as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great write-up James.

2.4 lbs is a solid weight. Also the cordura poly is very durable.

The detachable pouches are great especially as you said for air travel.

$149.99 is fairly priced as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Alex, I appreciate it.

I said this in the other thread but oh well. Great write up James! You nailed it. The bag reorganizes space in a way that seems a bit foreign at first, but is actually very useful. Loved your idea of keeping your "lap items" in the soft pouch for flights. Aaaaaand the THP soft pouch is SOOOO sick! Nicely done.

Nice Review James, Looking forward to see it this weekend if time allows.
I have the BStone backpack and I don't think I have had one for just carrying stuff as good as this one. It's a Hauler for sure.

I bought my wife a Renegade RSS Laptop Bag for longer travel where we don't have jam clothes in it, just "Plane" items.

Great review Jman. I don't have much use for a backpack very often but this is nice and light and the features seem very useful.

I wasn't sold on it until I took a trip with it. Came away super happy. My only complaint is that the mod pouch is so integral to my experience with it they maybe should have included it, or at least offered a discounted bundle of the 2. But really that is the only issue I have found so far and it is pretty minimal.

Great write up James. Your experience matches mine in a lot of ways. I’ve been using mine since December as my daily bag, and it’s been very solid, and I’ve got no complaints about size. The Variety of pockets makes it really useful, and easy to get what I need in and out of it.

I wasn't sold on it until I took a trip with it. Came away super happy. My only complaint is that the mod pouch is so integral to my experience with it they maybe should have included it, or at least offered a discounted bundle of the 2. But really that is the only issue I have found so far and it is pretty minimal.

I’m packing it right now and man, it’s funny how many places to put things, in an organized fashion, there are.

Like the mod pouch feature, especially since I have an RTC bag arriving late this week. The interchangeability makes me want to stick with this product line.

Like the mod pouch feature, especially since I have an RTC bag arriving late this week. The interchangeability makes me want to stick with this product line.

No BS the mod pouch is kinda brilliant. All my ecig stuff, glasses wipes, chapstick just lives in there, and it goes with me pretty much everywhere. At the course I add in my wallet and car key and it rides on my bag, with all the extras out of the way, but accessible. At work it just stays on my backpack in my cube where I can get to it easily.

Great review James. I as well have had a few backpacks over the years and since I don't travel as much internationally anymore I have beven using a Roots bag that my employer provided. While it is a very good bag I think the soft detachable pouch is an awesome idea. I also carry noise cancelling headphones and want other things "handy" when I travel. If I needed another BP this particular setup would be high on my my look at list. Thanks.

I just wish the big stand bag wasn’t so heavy. Beyond that, I really like the looks of that one.
In some ways the bag is like these backpacks in that it kind of redefines the category. It has so much storage it’s almost like having a staff bag (most of us haven’t figured out how to use it all). But it has legs and straps to carry it from the cart to the range. It’s awesome.

No BS the mod pouch is kinda brilliant. All my ecig stuff, glasses wipes, chapstick just lives in there, and it goes with me pretty much everywhere. At the course I add in my wallet and car key and it rides on my bag, with all the extras out of the way, but accessible. At work it just stays on my backpack in my cube where I can get to it easily.
I couldn’t agree with this more. When we received the bags I was kinda dismissive of it. I was wrong. The mod pouch is brilliant.

In some ways the bag is like these backpacks in that it kind of redefines the category. It has so much storage it’s almost like having a staff bag (most of us haven’t figured out how to use it all). But it has legs and straps to carry it from the cart to the range. It’s awesome.

Issue is I like to carry my stand bags on the course too, haha.

Very solid and informative review, James. You covered the features of the bag very nicely to let people see how the bag is different from others. I agree with you on how we are accustomed to thinking backpacks should have a single big compartment. The Ogio bags really redefine that. And the materials are soooo much better than other bags I’ve had. Great backpacks.

Back from my travel, and this bag....

Was amazing.

Good carry in the airport. Great storage. I didn't know that I needed dual water-bottle pockets either.

I'm a fan.

Back