2019 Valspar Championship

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This should be an interesting tournament for THP Fantasy Golf. The course is very hard and it could be anybody from the field, which is not surprisingly a little weak.

The field is down a little bit but still some heavy hitters in the group. Tournaments like this are where I like seeing someone punch their ticket to the Masters

Fun tournament to watch.

I like DJ’s chances

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always love watching this tournament having played that course, should be a fun week

This one always flies under the radar for me for some reason. I enjoy the layout, but i guess the lack of star power at times doesn't make it a must watch. The best part of these weaker fields is that someone has a great opportunity to catch lightning in a bottle and punch that Masters ticket.

I love watching this tournament having used to live there and went to it every year. Going to to be fun to see who gets bit in the snake pit on Sunday afternoon this year!

It's a tough course and I always enjoy some tournaments where the winning score isn't super low. Don't think Tiger is playing this week though. Wish he was because I think he finished 2nd in this last year.

This is a tricky tournament for fantasy selections, I haven't selected well in previous attempts...

DJ seems to be playing a lot of tournaments. Not that it's a bad thing, because he's fun to watch. Just seems like a very full schedule for him.

Picks are in, for now! New strategy and hopefully it pays off in the long run!

Always a fun tournament. Quite often produces an under the radar winner.

This one always flies under the radar for me for some reason. I enjoy the layout, but i guess the lack of star power at times doesn't make it a must watch. The best part of these weaker fields is that someone has a great opportunity to catch lightning in a bottle and punch that Masters ticket.
The highest rated non-Masters Golf event since the 2015 PGA Championship.

The 2018 Valspar. Obviously Tiger finishing T-2 and in the hunt being the reason.

But that field also had Rose, Spieth, Rory, Sergio, Scott, Stenson, Casey, Reed, and Finau. Loads of star power.

With the new schedule we got screwed being sandwiched in between bigger events but we still got some top name 1st timers playing. DJ, Rahm, and Fleetwood.

The 2018 Valspar. Obviously Tiger finishing T-2 and in the hunt being the reason.

But that field also had Rose, Spieth, Rory, Sergio, Scott, Stenson, Casey, Reed, and Finau. Loads of star power.

With the new schedule we got screwed being sandwiched in between bigger events but we still got some top name 1st timers playing. DJ, Rahm, and Fleetwood.
I was going to say the same thing, last year it was really good but this year between the players and masters it kind of got screwed.

I get that some players are there, it just doesn’t register for me as a must see event like some of the others. Could be scheduling, I don’t know.

I get that some players are there, it just doesn’t register for me as a must see event like some of the others. Could be scheduling, I don’t know.
I can agree with that. Last year was just nuts because of the Tiger effect.

Scheduling now has really softened this field. I'm still probably going Saturday since during the week I got beat to the punch for taking a day off but oh well.

My fantasy team is set, first time this year I'm playing 10. This will be interesting.

I will be playing Copperhead in November, so I will be watching with extra interest.

The young 17 year old .... Akshay Bhatia ... is making his TOUR debut this week. And he's only a Junior in High School.

#1 Junior in the country
AJGA Player of the Year
2019 Jones Cup winner

Oh yeah & he's a lefty!

Did I just see that stat right. DJ has not broken par at this course?

Always one of my favorites to watch. Love Copperhead. I like Sergio to get it done this week.

Then why would he play there? Some courses just don't fit your eye. Seems like a waste of time & effort if you ask me.

Don't think he has played there since 2010 is what I think I read. Course will somewhat neutralize his driver I would think. Very big course for iron play.

Don't think he has played there since 2010 is what I think I read. Course will somewhat neutralize his driver I would think. Very big course for iron play.

Like laying up off the Tee with an iron when you have a chance to win. Oh tiger

Like laying up off the Tee with an iron when you have a chance to win. Oh tiger

Haha yup. I'm sure the sponsors wish he'd have won too, would have been back this year. That roar on 17 when he made that bomb was amazing.

Haha yup. I'm sure the sponsors wish he'd have won too, would have been back this year. That roar on 17 when he made that bomb was amazing.

Sure was. Then went David Simms

The young 17 year old .... Akshay Bhatia ... is making his TOUR debut this week. And he's only a Junior in High School.

#1 Junior in the country
AJGA Player of the Year
2019 Jones Cup winner

Oh yeah & he's a lefty!

Honestly, I'm more interested to see what he does in this event than any of the pros playing.

Back