The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion is that is garbage. Can't put a value on death but can on nudity? Don't buy it.

Whether or not she gets the money is irrelevant. I don't expect or care if people agree with me, and certainly have no issue with her being made whole but that example doesn't fly.

honest question: what is the value of a life? should it be scaled based on age? socioeconomic status? relative health or disabilities? prior criminal record? quality of character? iq?

it would be interesting if there was a flat amount a jury could award for wrongful death. morbid, but interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

honest question: what is the value of a life? should it be scaled based on age? socioeconomic status? relative health or disabilities? prior criminal record? quality of character? iq?

it would be interesting if there was a flat amount a jury could award for wrongful death. morbid, but interesting.

Honestly I think it is, which sadly is not PC. What is the value of nudity? I guess now we know if it's released online and a few million see it blurry it's 55 million.

I have no issue with lawsuits. No issue with being made whole. But the idea that this was "worth" that when what is paid out in recent death cases is ****ing laughable, especially considering this was not punitive, and her contract that came post this (meaning it did not hurt her career).

Crazy part of this is, and maybe Im just crazy. I had zero issue with the coffee case, because it was pure preventable negligence by the company. I think the amount was a bit ridiculous, but the message needed to be sent and now machines are cleaned (supposed to be).

right, negligence. sure, there was pain and suffering. but it was also "ok now Ronald, you have to back the money truck up and unload it on this lady so that hopefully this stings so bad you'll never do it again." or am I mistaken?

That lady had third degree burns on her crotch. McD's got what they deserved.

That lady had third degree burns on her crotch. McD's got what they deserved.

not saying they did or didn't. but to say McDonald's "got what they deserved" can be very different than saying "that lady was made whole."

that's why McDonald's came to mind with Erin Andrews. I don't think her invasion of privacy is worth $55 million. I don't think $55 million is what it takes to make her whole. but punishing the stalker and the hotel? maybe yes. but that is different than making her whole.

Well in a TX medical malpractice case, its $250k because of TORT reform. My mother in law went in for surgery for a kidney stone. Well, the damn doctor ended up removing a kidney and in the process perferated her intestine. Well, long story short, my mother in law passed away from complications from her surgery. Autopsy revealed that she died from the perferation in her intestine. My wife went to talk to several attorney's and they would not touch the case cause there was not enough money involved.

So Erin receiving that amount of money is absurd and unfair.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

not saying they did or didn't. but to say McDonald's "got what they deserved" can be very different than saying "that lady was made whole."

that's why McDonald's came to mind with Erin Andrews. I don't think her invasion of privacy is worth $55 million. I don't think $55 million is what it takes to make her whole. but punishing the stalker and the hotel? maybe yes. but that is different than making her whole.
For me, I don't think I'd ever feel whole after experiencing a major violation or trauma requiring massive medical attention ...

But a lot of these companies don't feel the pressure until you add several zeros to the end of the punitive award.

Do we need tort reform? Perhaps. How about jail time for gross negligence instead? Maybe that will turn some heads ...

Some days are just flat out sh*tty.

Today was one of those days.

Hate that. Albatross and a fresh outlook on tomorrow buddy
Always a fresh outlook, I just hate when i let people get to me.

My head hurts!!!

Just got told to give it a rest for a couple weeks because apparently I've done some damage to my right MCL.
No wonder it hurts like freaking hell 1/2 the time, particularly in the morning.....or after a round of golf! :yikes:

Dammit.
Sorry to hear this. Rest it and get healthy.

Selling gear to pay for medical bills and a car to replace the wife's totalled Honda. Fun times!

Some days are just flat out sh*tty.

Today was one of those days.

Hope tomorrow gets better for you man

Doing the limbo = fun, being in limbo = suck.

1. She was naked. Not in a bathing suit, towel or something similar.

2. 17 Million people watched the video of her naked.

3. The guy who did it had been stalking her for two years.

4. The hotel told the stalker where Andrews was staying and gave him the room next to her.

5. During the trial (after Andrews testified), the hotel execs played the video of Andrews nude on the public televisions of a neighboring restaurant. The excuse was that they were "strategizing" and that the video wasn't taken down "as quickly as they had wanted."

Have your wife, girlfriend, mother or daughter experience what is listed above and then explain your post to them.

Signed,

Your "sue happy" lawyer that wouldn't want the above happening to anyone that he knows.
So you don't want a copy of my copy of said video......

Spent years wanting to work for a bigger company, thinking I'd have more room to grow. Work for a fortune 200 company now and not sure I want to stay in this sort of environment. Really bummed about my career right now...Need a change bad.

I think I have slept a total of 5 hours since Sunday. Just a bad time the last 10 days. Need something good to happen.

I think I have slept a total of 5 hours since Sunday. Just a bad time the last 10 days. Need something good to happen.
I'm sorry. Hang in there. Things will turn around.

Spent years wanting to work for a bigger company, thinking I'd have more room to grow. Work for a fortune 200 company now and not sure I want to stay in this sort of environment. Really bummed about my career right now...Need a change bad.
I work for a small privately held company and I am dealing with the samething. Nowhere to go or grow. Been doing my job for 15 years, not sure I can continue doing it for another 15.

My boss blindly sends me a link to an article. Turns out it's about my sons friend who passed away unexpectedly recently. Nothing like bawling your eyes out at work for 5 mins straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back