Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons Review Thread

Bottom groove 9i from 160...

bf35ff12ba8e1b9aa6eff588a1d713a9.jpg

Bottom groove 9i from 160...

bf35ff12ba8e1b9aa6eff588a1d713a9.jpg

Solid my man. Also, love the fact that you know it was the bottom groove in March. I can't tell that crap till June

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solid my man. Also, love the fact that you know it was the bottom groove in March. I can't tell that crap till June

Here's the shot of the day so far

4be10aa036ece8f020d172c301db64f8.jpg

PW from 151 to a tough green.

Love me some good golf shots from Awesome irons

Golf lessons are paying off. Those are some serious distance with some solid precision

Golf lessons are paying off. Those are some serious distance with some solid precision
Starting to commit to the swing with irons and wedges, some serious compression, long clubs are still mental though.

Starting to commit to the swing with irons and wedges, some serious compression, long clubs are still mental though.

Long irons will click one day, it's just about trusting it.

Long irons will click one day, it's just about trusting it.
Its more the driver and fairways, hybos on down are getting pretty damn grooved, nothing is as fun to me as just compressing an iron to an actual balanced finish.

Youre dead on though, I still have massive trust issues with the woods and letting the swing happen without rushing from the top. I'll get there though. I want 2016 to be full of some special golf.

nothing is as fun to me as just compressing an iron to an actual balanced finish.

Man I could not agree more. Something about the 7 iron in this set when I hit one just on the button, its like the most unique feeling I have had to date in an iron.

Man I could not agree more. Something about the 7 iron in this set when I hit one just on the button, its like the most unique feeling I have had to date in an iron.
Funny you say that as that's the iron I just now hit, just felt like I compressed the ball like a marshmallow. Glorious.

I love when this thread is hopping with updates. Makes me want to hit the range bc these are that addictive a

Hit these again at the range again today. Good flight, feel and distance for sure. Hopefully I will be able to think about picking them up when the wife is back to work! :)

My brother placed an order for the CF's (4-PW, 2*up, 1/4" long) with the C-Taper Lite shafts and Plus 4 midsize grips. Should have them late next week. He'll be replacing Mizuno 825's that he's got now. I should be able to give them a few swings and rounds before he moves off to Arizona in April.

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons Review Thread

What a difference it makes getting these fixed to my fitting specs... Shot 87 today in tough conditions (with a triple and a double on the last)... I'm loving these irons...

Dax

I hit a few shots with these at the range that had me shaking my head. They're simply ridiculous!

I'm fascinated as how freaking high I hit these w PXi 6.5's in them. I'd have never in a million years expected that and for that, thank goodness for getting fit at the ECPC.

Beyond that though, I was able to fade AND draw the ball today, what!?? The accuracy still stands tall for me with this setup, sure, I hit them silly long at times, but the accuracy is so freaking good.

Love. Sheer and total love.

I'm fascinated as how freaking high I hit these w PXi 6.5's in them. I'd have never in a million years expected that and for that, thank goodness for getting fit at the ECPC.

Beyond that though, I was able to fade AND draw the ball today, what!?? The accuracy still stands tall for me with this setup, sure, I hit them silly long at times, but the accuracy is so freaking good.

Love. Sheer and total love.

How much higher do you hit them than your typical height? I noticed I hit the CF 16 heads higher in general than most others.

Got em out for the first round today. I screwed the pooch on the 7i a few times which were all me. They performed sooooo well, very happy with them, especially the long irons which had been an Achilles heel for me previously. Miles better than any of my previous irons.

How much higher do you hit them than your typical height? I noticed I hit the CF 16 heads higher in general than most others.
I'm talking with this head, I hit these with three different shafts at the ECPC and these, which based on the shaft info shouldn't have launched higher if you read press releases, did. It was fascinating, and the dispersion was 500 times better.

I'm talking with this head, I hit these with three different shafts at the ECPC and these, which based on the shaft info shouldn't have launched higher if you read press releases, did. It was fascinating, and the dispersion was 500 times better.

Ahhhh gotcha. Hmm. I want to try some PXi's.

Another round in the books with these and man are they good. Distance, forgiveness, sound, look everything is there. Hit some absolutely perfect shots today with these bad boys. And again the forgiveness is incredible on mid hits. The cup face is real with these, hit a 200 yard towering 5 iron and it stop about a foot from where it landed.

+1 for the sound. Winchell even commented about the sound not only on well struck shots but even the ones I hit a little thin

Hit these irons on the range yesterday really solid. My son ordered a set

Get my final fitting on Weds for lie angle and then they are in the bag. It has been a loooong couple of weeks of waiting.

Nice Fitz! Be sure to update us!

I'll be honest, these are the most complete irons I have ever played/tested/reviewed.

Nice Fitz! Be sure to update us!

I'll be honest, these are the most complete irons I have ever played/tested/reviewed.
They are. I don't have the sort of experience with irons as you do. But the size of these irons isn't huge. They seem to hide their tech well at address.

Back