Is it Okay to Bring Your Own Putter to Mini Golf?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Someone asked me this today and thought I would ask everybody here.

hahaha nah.

Hell no.

May as well bring a ChromeSoft while I'm at it so I'm not hitting the 1-piece Pink golf ball.

For testing purposes, yes.

d367f90a2dc8ca913a177e60495a7524.jpg

7101dc4ae3b594f33ee2b8f32ad8d218.jpg

Unless you are doing it at a competitive league then no. Don't want to see people using an armlock putter going through a windmill

If you do, you better not let your nephew or niece beat you. IMO - no way

I would be lying if I said the thought never crossed my mind. Never went through with it though as it just didn't, and doesn't, feel right.

I have to say no, seems like a little much when you are with the family.

The thought has never, ever crossed my mind. Now....drivers? Absolutely and done so a couple times with THPers.

I have always wanted to.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

I almost spit out my coffee when reading the thread title... Haha, so no. I've never seen it done, and I bet I'd be pretty judgy if I saw it. I really don't need any sort of advantage to beat my girlfriend in mini-golf ...

Thought has crossed my mind before, but part of the fun is using their putters and colored balls. If everyone in the group did it, I would join in.

LOL I've seen people do this, I don't understand why you would do that

I personally never would but if i saw someone who did i would figure they were just testing it out and not that serious about mini golf. If they are that serious about it to each their own and it wouldn't bother me.

Uh, I might have done this before...

I think this is the sauciest move that one could ever do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it ok to bring your own shoes to a bowling alley? Your own ball? Hell yes it is.

I have done it the few times years ago that I was doing a local tournament...seems ridiculous thinking back with 15 years of hindsight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well.... as a former competitor in "Professional Putt Putt" (that was a franchise name back in the late 70's, early 80's) competitions. Yes... And when I DO take my nieces and nephews to various mini golf courses, I still bring my own putter. And there is no mercy shown. But- I don't keep my score, I will let them play against each other. I just go to show off my 'skill' and knowledge to help them. I will go first to show them how to play a particular hole. Plus, it makes you look cool in their eyes, and isn't that what being the "Cool Uncle" is all about?

I got started in the comps almost by accident. We would go to the course on a Friday with my buddies. And we would usually wind up behind a "pro" who was practicing for a tournament. We would watch his techniques on each hole and try to emulate them. And it would work.... kind of. After a few weeks, we started to talk and ask about how to get in on one. We entered and I did okay, but out of the "prizes". Played a couple of more comps and never won, but did podium a few times and would win $25 or a gift certificate to the Arthur Treacher's that was next door and stuff like that.

I only do in one occasion and thats Corporate Challenge mini golf haha we have a three time title to defend

I say no, but to if having a competition then sure do it.

If I'm playing against anyone I want to beat (my brother, golf buddies, etc.), I absolutely bring my putter. Anybody who has stubbed one of those rubber putters against the rubber mat can surely understand. Casual outing with the family? Not happening. Although once my daughter gets a little older and gets into golf, I can totally see both of us bringing our own putters...the more comfortable she gets with it, the better!

The more embarrassing thing is that I use my version of the claw grip when I play mini golf. I've developed a mental block to hitting putts the "normal" way, so while most people probably think I'm taking it way too seriously, I'm just trying to keep up the pace of play and not take a 6 on every hole!

I bring mine sometimes. My daughter likes to bring hers so we all (my girlfriend too) usually do.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Back