Favorite Cut of Steak

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This might seem like a silly topic, but GolferGal and I were discussing it a couple of nights ago because we grilled steaks. I have always been a fillet person, I love Chateaubriand and the tender cut. Recently we have been going with Prime NY Strip cuts and they have been absolutely amazing. I think I am converting.

What is your favorite cut?

Bone-In Ribeye ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't go wrong with a filet. Though filet, ny strip or rib eye, you really can't go wrong with any...

Filet, NY strip, rib eye or I'll go for some prime rib. I've never tried cooking my own prime rib, but I'd like to. Our oven is LP and inaccurate to the setting according to the thermometer I put in it. It needs some testing to get the actual temp first.

Rib eye only from this place called the beefmaster , we but there loins , they cost more but the meat is way different than if you buy from a beat market it grocery store, the owner had some special place

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

This might seem like a silly topic, but GolferGal and I were discussing it a couple of nights ago because we grilled steaks. I have always been a fillet person, I love Chateaubriand and the tender cut. Recently we have been going with Prime NY Strip cuts and they have been absolutely amazing. I think I am converting.

What is your favorite cut?
Prime t-bone 2" thick. Best of both worlds.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Filet is my favorite here.

Filet would be my first choice. However, a bone in ribeye is tough to beat.

I typically get a strip (med rare) with lump crab and hollandaise when we do our yearly dinner at the local fancy steakhouse. So. Damn. Good.

Bone in rib eye no question.

Last edited:
Filet cooked just beyond medium.

the correct answer is "yes"

i'm either strip or ribeye, personally. filet texture is wonderful, but the flavor is never there for me and i'm not a sauce guy for steak. strip has the flavor for days, but you sacrifice texture. ribeye is the best of all worlds.

i like a 2.5" prime cowboy steak (not the stupid tomahawk steak), sous vide for 4-6 hours at low 130s to render fat, then seared on the kamado.

Last edited:
Bone In Ribeye. hands down my favorite

I’m a filet guy, but I plan on exploring a bit more now that I have my own kettle.

I typically go with Sirloin. But I'm good with strip, ribeye, porterhouse, t-bone, filet....give me all the meats!

Filet for me, please.

Filet all day. Strip would be my #2 choice

Filet first, but the New york strip has been a nice cut for me. Did one at home the other day and man it was delicious.

Beef cut - NY Strip or Filet Mignon

Venison - tenderloin

All medium

New York Strip

Prime Bone-In Ribeye cut between 2" and 2.5" thick. Medium Rare.

Back