Ricardo Lockette - Almost died on NFL field

deuce

Grenade!
Reaction score
http://q13fox.com/2016/03/07/seahawks-lockette-reveals-how-close-he-was-to-death-after-devastating-blindside-hit-in-dallas-game/

In his visit last Friday, Lockette told the Redmond firefighters that he didn’t realize how serious his injury was until later. He said his doctor told him “if I would have stood up then, the weight of my head — left, right, front, back — I would have died. If one of my teammates would have came over and pulled my arm, just barely, I might have died. Or if the returner at the time would have broken a couple of tackles and they would have fell on me, I would have died on that field.

I think the NFL is pretty lucky that something like this - a hit that causes massive internal damage - hasn't gone terribly sideways and killed someone up to this point. To this date only one NFL player has died on the field, Chuck Hughes due to a heart attack.

I agree the NFL was very lucky. They need much more consistency from their officials and the penalties must be much more severe than what they are now!

Back