Top Flite Gamer (DSG Version)

dthrog00

Reaction score
Handicap
Is anyone playing the 2014/2016 version of the Top Flite Gamer? I know this was a popular ball in Callaway's ownership, but haven't read much about it since DSG took it over.

I decided given my skill level that I probably shouldn't be playing an expensive ball, but really wanted to use a 3-piece construction. I bought the Gamer 2-for-$30 from DSG yesterday and used them today.

I'm enjoying the feel off the putter and irons. I'm not sure how good durability will be. During chipping practice I noticed my sand wedge was scuffing the cover. The greens are dormant so it's tough to evaluate spin, but the ball was checking as well as I'd expect.

The yellow color is nice and bright too. We'll see how it goes!

Dave

Ive heard good things about this ball from other forum members so good luck with it. Sounds like you found your gamer

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

The gamer is a solid cold weather ball for me. Cheap and don't really care if it doesn't get lost, but has performance to it.

Ive heard good things about this ball from other forum members so good luck with it. Sounds like you found your gamer

We'll see. I spent my fair share of time in the woods last year. I've worked hard this winter to tame those issues and ultimately want a ball that's a 3-piece with decent feel, but if I happen to lose some it is ok.

Dave

It's decent for the price, but for 2fer deals I like the Maxfli Softfli better. If I'm out getting what works for my game best, it's the Duo Spin or e6. I have a dozen of the Gamers in my closet that've been there for a year and will probably stay there.

Durability isn't great, but no real complaints for the price.

I got some top of the line Tayloade penta tp3,s from lostgolfballs.com for a great price. AAAA condition, 4 doz for 50 bucks. Havent bought balls in 2 years

I had put these aside for a while and broke the 2nd dozen of my 2-fer out tonight at the local executive course. I had been using Supersoft, DT Trusoft, and E6/E7 lately, but these performed quite well and I'd say had no drop off versus those balls. I didn't play back-to-back with other balls, but these did play nicely with good feel and I was scoring well.

I shot a 38, +10 which is a new personal best for this course. I had a 7-iron on the par 4 to within a foot for the easiest birdie putt I've ever had.

Dave

I played this ball yesterday. I believe it is a great ball for the price. I've played it off and on over the past few seasons and if it weren't for the bridgestone buy 2 get one free deal, I would play the gamer much more. Definitely not the spin to the green that the B330RX have on well struck irons to the green, but acceptable enough when playing a casual round. Everything else is pretty similar in my opinion.

I've played the top flite gamer tour and really enjoyed it wouldn't hesitate to buy them again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back