Puma GRIP FUSION Tech shoes

Duffer Waldorf

[this space available]
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
10.7 GHIN
Short Par 4 reeled in a handful of posters with a collaboration with Puma on this "limited edition" run. Who can turn down $25 Puma shoes?

Aesthetically, these don't come close to the true 'limited edition' shoes, like the Palmers, obviously. What can? And, it doesn't really mesh with their other current spikeless shoes. It's just kind of there.

Fit-wise, these are noticeably tighter around the ball of my foot than the NXT Disc of the same size. My toes are almost touching the end of the toe box, as well. They felt a lot stiffer out of the box than both the NXTs or PWRAdapts, too, but after having them on around the house for the last half-hour, they feel fine. I do like the snugness of this shoe.

I have no idea how FusionFoam differs from Ignite Foam, but I'm willing to find out.

Can you post a picture of them? So these are the ones you got for the $25 deal on shoepar? My package should be here tomorrow

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Can you post a picture of them? So these are the ones you got for the $25 deal on shoepar? My package should be here tomorrow

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

There are some pictures of them posted in the Short Par 4 thread. I would snap a picture of mine but they are a little dirty from walking 18 yesterday and today.

There are some pictures of them posted in the Short Par 4 thread. I would snap a picture of mine but they are a little dirty from walking 18 yesterday and today.

How are you liking them? I thought Duffer's thoughts were spot on. I was scared of them being tight and stiff around the toe box but no issues at all. And the foam sole was quite comfortable

0ab49ad119411e71c7b173be8155e634.jpg

I have walked 18 in these 2 straight days and found them to be quite comfortable. Also, I think the support and traction they provide during the swing is also very good. I experienced no fit issues and in fact thought the fit was pretty much perfect for me. For full disclosure, my feet are much closer narrow than wide.

How are you liking them? I thought Duffer's thoughts were spot on. I was scared of them being tight and stiff around the toe box but no issues at all. And the foam sole was quite comfortable

Just posted my thoughts.

Puma black and quarry, from the 'Athletic' box:
c74de8ccd0c903d115dd16c078b8b739.jpg
57aeed86341800fa48167e06caa56a5e.jpg
2383380bebfa7c4e6cfc4c9c6833548b.jpg

Last edited:
Not necessarily a complaint, but I never have seen shoes crease up this badly. This is after 8 or 10 walking rounds.
88fc65428d9f766ed385162bace26e00.jpg

Not necessarily a complaint, but I never have seen shoes crease up this badly. This is after 8 or 10 walking rounds.
Wow.

How do you think the fit is? Some of that creasing looks like a too large of a shoe.

Wow.

How do you think the fit is? Some of that creasing looks like a too large of a shoe.
I really don't think so as the fit appears basically perfect in both length and width. Just wanted them for casual walking rounds so it is really not a big deal to me.

I thought they would crease. Never thought they'd be this bad though. I'm trying to sell mine on eBay. Don't care much for the fit. To me, they feel very stiff. But, I've got really bad feet. So, I'm pickier than most. If someone really wants a stiff stable shoe, they'd be alright.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I thought they would crease. Never thought they'd be this bad though. I'm trying to sell mine on eBay. Don't care much for the fit. To me, they feel very stiff. But, I've got really bad feet. So, I'm pickier than most. If someone really wants a stiff stable shoe, they'd be alright.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

They are very comfortable to walked in though. No blisters or discomfort from day 1.

Sloppy mess out there today but 0 issues with waterproofing. Didn’t expect problems but always nice having confirmation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the red and white ones as well.

Haven’t taken them out of the box yet lol

I've worn mine once; they're showing some initial signs of the creasing Sox_Fan showed above. The fit and grip was fantastic, though, and these will make a nice secondary pair for when it is sloppy.

Back