Shaft Tipping Question

ajschn06

Reaction score
Handicap
I have a driver shaft that has to be shortened by 1/2”. I also wish it was slightly stiffer. Is it worth it to go through the trouble of taking the 1/2” off the tip to make it a little stiffer or is that not enough to make a difference?

I have a driver shaft that has to be shortened by 1/2”. I also wish it was slightly stiffer. Is it worth it to go through the trouble of taking the 1/2” off the tip to make it a little stiffer or is that not enough to make a difference?

I am no expert but if you are wanting it a bit stiffer I would cut it from the tip. If you cut it off the butt end it will change the swingweight by about 3 points. Good luck with your project.

I believe you would be causing it to be roughly 1/4 flex stiffer with that length of tipping being 1/2". Some say it also reduces launch angle, but results vary. Only person who can say if it is truly worth it would be you.

Back