THP TV - Tour Acceptance - KBS Tour V Shafts

I've been thinking a ton about shaft fittings, what works, what clearly doesn't, and what I need to do to prepare myself for a successful 2015. Part of that, will be to get my hands on another set of Tour V's, more than likely in stiff, to commit to my gamer irons. Whether they are massive altitudes or blades, I really think KBS hit the Canadan nail on the head with their design of the Tour V.

I don't even think I need to go X to keep my numbers in check. Probably worth giving a try, or hard stepping a stiff shaft - I don't want to walk away from the lighter weighting.
I know someone with X that can't handle it. Internet golfer at its finest. I think stiff fits me just a tad better and I'll likely look to reshaft my gamers with the stiff in the very near future.

I know someone with X that can't handle it. Internet golfer at its finest. I think stiff fits me just a tad better and I'll likely look to reshaft my gamers with the stiff in the very near future.

Dude my laundry doesn't need to be here! I play an X100 and I'm not fond of the V? Not sure what it is either.

Are you playing the V's in X right now? What's the issue you're facing?

I always thought you had a fairly low trajectory ball flight. I can completely understand you in an X with the turn and power you have, just not really the Tour V's.

Are you playing the V's in X right now? What's the issue you're facing?

I always thought you had a fairly low trajectory ball flight. I can completely understand you in an X with the turn and power you have, just not really the Tour V's.

Yeah I am in these in X. I just lost some distance this year in these shafts. I've always heard I hit the ball really high so that's interesting on your take. I'm honestly still not sure what's going on with the distance loss but a shaft change is in order.

Yeah I am in these in X. I just lost some distance this year in these shafts. I've always heard I hit the ball really high so that's interesting on your take. I'm honestly still not sure what's going on with the distance loss but a shaft change is in order.

Maybe it was more with the driver -- But I haven't seen you swing since probably last near winter so I don't have much to go on.

Get these on a monitor with a couple other shafts to compare against? Makes me wonder where the loss is coming from.

Maybe it was more with the driver -- But I haven't seen you swing since probably last near winter so I don't have much to go on.

Get these on a monitor with a couple other shafts to compare against? Makes me wonder where the loss is coming from.
I plan on doing so very soon, just have to find one. Weird thing is its just some of the time. Some days distance is about normal and others is drastically less. I just need to find consistency.

I plan on doing so very soon, just have to find one. Weird thing is its just some of the time. Some days distance is about normal and others is drastically less. I just need to find consistency.

What made you go with the Tour V's over the C-Tapers?

What made you go with the Tour V's over the C-Tapers?
Combination of availability at ordering and lighter weight. Coming from 85g to anything higher, I didn't want to go crazy heavy. Maybe early this year you can see my swing in person and diagnose?

Combination of availability at ordering and lighter weight. Coming from 85g to anything higher, I didn't want to go crazy heavy. Maybe early this year you can see my swing in person and diagnose?

Yeah man, if you're worried about flighting and the Tour V's aren't working, you should definitely get it sorted. I've got a set of C-Taper S+ kicking around waiting for the right situation or trade... hint hint... hahaha! I think they are of similar weighting at 125.

Yeah man, if you're worried about flighting and the Tour V's aren't working, you should definitely get it sorted. I've got a set of C-Taper S+ kicking around waiting for the right situation or trade... hint hint... hahaha! I think they are of similar weighting at 125.
Well hey, don't want to invite myself *hint hint* but I can drive South and we can work something out if it fits my needs. I gotta get on a LM in a bad way.

Well hey, don't want to invite myself *hint hint* but I can drive South and we can work something out if it fits my needs. I gotta get on a LM in a bad way.

We can make it work. To be quite honest, the Tour V's are the first shafts that I've really confidently been able to say are on par with the X100's. I know it's all about the swing, and tempo + load + SS + a handful of logic I'm still trying to understand.

If the C-Tapers fit the bill, all the power to you. No two swings are the same.

I'm so fascinated by these shafts. Love the 110g weight of the stiff, and also love that I can keep spin limited without going to X. I'll continue to tinker as the season closes in, but I'll be hard pressed to see anything get in the way of TourV as gamers.

Also, bump for LightningBolt.

I'm so fascinated by these shafts. Love the 110g weight of the stiff, and also love that I can keep spin limited without going to X. I'll continue to tinker as the season closes in, but I'll be hard pressed to see anything get in the way of TourV as gamers.

Appreciate that like I need anymore reasons to change I think I was sold the moment the club met the ball.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I love the Tour V Stiff after playing mostly DG for 32 years. They do feel better than any other shaft that I've hit.

Great iron shafts. Played them in my J38 DPC for a while and kicking myself for getting rid of them, what a combo. I did get some CTL so I may give them a go but I played some of my best iron game with the Tour Vs, so it will be an interesting comparison. They were my first KBS shaft, needless to say, I have been a fan since.

Maiden voyage with the Tour V's in the J15 CB's today and I couldnt have asked for it to go better iron striking wise. Got an awesome mid launch and really knocked the spin down even more so than the C-Tapers were for me. Best part about it for me is with the improved feel the swing felt much more effortless than when I had the C-tapers in them.

Maiden voyage with the Tour V's in the J15 CB's today and I couldnt have asked for it to go better iron striking wise. Got an awesome mid launch and really knocked the spin down even more so than the C-Tapers were for me. Best part about it for me is with the improved feel the swing felt much more effortless than when I had the C-tapers in them.
I am very happy to see this!!! The combo with J15 CB is perfection in my eyes.

Lower spin than the CTapers? Hmmmm

Ron suggested I go with these in my CB but bstone doesnt offer them so I went tours. Im willing to bet at some point this season I make the switch to the tour v though, they are constantly in my head.

For me yes it seemed at least that is by eye not on a monitor. Much better feel though. That said all swings are different and I know on paper C-taper is the lower spinner

That's interesting. My time with the TourV's didn't give me the same result.

Lower spin than the CTapers? Hmmmm
For me yes it seemed at least that is by eye not on a monitor. Much better feel though. That said all swings are different and I know on paper C-taper is the lower spinner

Different swings, different release points, different results. KBS tends to agree with you, Kevin.

Different swings, different release points, different results. KBS tends to agree with you, Kevin.

Oh I get how the different swing characteristics play a roll in all this. I do get along with the CTapers.

Back