The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
2nd son is due any time so the wife has said no golf for a while.....she didnt think the joke about "hey, our new phones have face time, i can play golf AND be at the birth" was very funny.......officially in the doghouse!

Haha. That's funny.

2nd son is due any time so the wife has said no golf for a while.....she didnt think the joke about "hey, our new phones have face time, i can play golf AND be at the birth" was very funny.......officially in the doghouse!

Yeah, that wasn't ever going to be funny in her state. Let's hope she doesn't extend your time in the dog house.

My fiancé is getting increasingly more insistent that we move east...to the point that she says under no circumstances are we signing another year lease. Our lease ends in 3 months. I get where she's coming from, it's difficult to be this far from family, but it's a little crazy to take this type of hardline stance.

Really hoping my landlord will extend my lease a couple months and that my possible move for work pans out, otherwise this could be interesting. I get where she's coming from, but this is a good job and it would be really stupid to just throw it away.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

My fiancé is getting increasingly more insistent that we move east...to the point that she says under no circumstances are we signing another year lease. Our lease ends in 3 months. I get where she's coming from, it's difficult to be this far from family, but it's a little crazy to take this type of hardline stance.

Really hoping my landlord will extend my lease a couple months and that my possible move for work pans out, otherwise this could be interesting. I get where she's coming from, but this is a good job and it would be really stupid to just throw it away.

That's a rough place to be. Hopefully the work move works out.

That's a rough place to be. Hopefully the work move works out.
Thanks mate. First step is hopefully a lease extension which would give us time to figure things out

Ouch. How far east? (since everywhere is east of you).

Ouch. How far east? (since everywhere is east of you).

Fair point lol. East coast. Her family and friends are in PA, VA, and GA, and mine are mostly in NJ.

I don't like the idea from a recreational point of view, because the west coast is unbelievably awesome for that, but I admit it would be nice to be closer to the family. Plus I'd be able to make more THP events, so bonus there!

Tough spot to be in buddy. Hard to make that kind of desicion especially with the job situation. I can say, though, that it is pretty nice being close to my wife's family after our move.

Fair point lol. East coast. Her family and friends are in PA, VA, and GA, and mine are mostly in NJ.

I don't like the idea from a recreational point of view, because the west coast is unbelievably awesome for that, but I admit it would be nice to be closer to the family. Plus I'd be able to make more THP events, so bonus there!

clearly you need to move up here. I mean you can ski, as well as golf with O'Carroll and I.

Tough spot to be in buddy. Hard to make that kind of desicion especially with the job situation. I can say, though, that it is pretty nice being close to my wife's family after our move.

Yeah, it would definitely be nice to be within driving distance of both of our families.

clearly you need to move up here. I mean you can ski, as well as golf with O'Carroll and I.

Well if my work move pans out it will be to central PA, but I'll at least be in striking distance of you guys! And if it doesn't, I'll definitely be looking in NY.

SkiBumGolfer, We have family and friends (WWU) in Bellingham and go there every couple of years. If you are still in Bellingham, I should be there most likely in July and would love to play some golf. I have skied, kayaked, hiked, and mountain biked in the area, but never golf. Good luck on the move decision.

SkiBumGolfer, We have family and friends (WWU) in Bellingham and go there every couple of years. If you are still in Bellingham, I should be there most likely in July and would love to play some golf. I have skied, kayaked, hiked, and mountain biked in the area, but never golf. Good luck on the move decision.

No doubt buddy, keep me posted! I'm not sure whether we will be or not, but if I am we can definitely make this happen.

This makes me sad but you've been talking about it for a little while.

My wife would love to live closer to her family (they are 4.5 hours away in the North Okanagan), and I'm not opposed to moving up there but the fact is my entire skill set and profession just doesn't have much demand up there. The massive pay cut I would take while I reinvent myself has made the conversation a non-starter in our house but I think if we ever have kids the tone will change to a more urgent one.

This makes me sad but you've been talking about it for a little while.

My wife would love to live closer to her family (they are 4.5 hours away in the North Okanagan), and I'm not opposed to moving up there but the fact is my entire skill set and profession just doesn't have much demand up there. The massive pay cut I would take while I reinvent myself has made the conversation a non-starter in our house but I think if we ever have kids the tone will change to a more urgent one.

Honestly, the thing I would miss most would be golfing with you and the rest of the crew up this way. :( But rest assured my friend, I would be coming out to visit. And you would of course be welcome back east at any time.

Yeah, it makes it tough when your job just doesn't fit the area. In our case we're not trying to get super close to family, just within driving distance, so I have more geographical choices if this work thing doesn't pan out.

Thought I escaped this year without the flu.Guess I was wrong down and out for the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ugh, that sucks. Get better quick.

Thats a tough situation. I went through a similar thing last fall and it caused major stress for both of us. Unfortunately for me, it ended the relationship, but honestly, it was the right thing for me. Im sure that wont be the case for you, but make sure you both have enough positives to make the move happen. Both of your happiness is very, very important

On the plus side, you ll have plenty of out door recreation in central PA. Blue Knob is a good ski hill for PA with decent natural snow, great camping, fishing, boating, etc. Potter County is gorgeous. Where in Central PA would you be?

I got a 30 day notice to vacate from my landlords yesterday because they are selling the house. I knew they were going to sell it eventually but they never gave any indication that would be this soon, so it caught me a bit off gaurd. Housing is really scarce and expensive right now where I live so it isnt gonna be very fun finding a new spot to live.

Ill figure it out, though.

Thats a tough situation. I went through a similar thing last fall and it caused major stress for both of us. Unfortunately for me, it ended the relationship, but honestly, it was the right thing for me. Im sure that wont be the case for you, but make sure you both have enough positives to make the move happen. Both of your happiness is very, very important

On the plus side, you ll have plenty of out door recreation in central PA. Blue Knob is a good ski hill for PA with decent natural snow, great camping, fishing, boating, etc. Potter County is gorgeous. Where in Central PA would you be?

Definitely agree, and we both have some good positives for sure with the proximity to family and as you said, overall it's a pretty area with solid outdoors options. Definitely lots of skiing in PA, I'm just gonna have to get used to little hills again and pick up some skinny carving skis haha. And there's lots of really solid hiking and golf in the area too. My company's plant is in Pottsville, which is about 45 minutes west of Allentown in Schuylkill County.

Definitely agree, and we both have some good positives for sure with the proximity to family and as you said, overall it's a pretty area with solid outdoors options. Definitely lots of skiing in PA, I'm just gonna have to get used to little hills again and pick up some skinny carving skis haha. And there's lots of really solid hiking and golf in the area too. My company's plant is in Pottsville, which is about 45 minutes west of Allentown in Schuylkill County.

Haha, yeah. A pair of ice shavers will come in handy. Would be tough to adjust to having to stay out of the trees 99% of the time lol.

I know Pottsville. I have some friends from there. People there all talk like they are from Minnesota or Wisconsin. Totally weird. Another bonus is that Pottsville is the home of Yuengling Lager. That is a major bonus, IMO!

I got a 30 day notice to vacate from my landlords yesterday because they are selling the house. I knew they were going to sell it eventually but they never gave any indication that would be this soon, so it caught me a bit off gaurd. Housing is really scarce and expensive right now where I live so it isnt gonna be very fun finding a new spot to live.

That sucks man, hope you don't have too tough a time getting it squared away.

Haha, yeah. A pair of ice shavers will come in handy. Would be tough to adjust to having to stay out of the trees 99% of the time lol.

I know Pottsville. I have some friends from there. People there all talk like they are from Minnesota or Wisconsin. Totally weird. Another bonus is that Pottsville is the home of Yuengling Lager. That is a major bonus, IMO!

Yuengling is definitely good stuff! And you can get a lot more than just the lager in that area. It's a cool little area, very nice people despite the area showing it's age. And in the fall it's just absolutely gorgeous.

That sucks man, hope you don't have too tough a time getting it squared away.

Yuengling is definitely good stuff! And you can get a lot more than just the lager in that area. It's a cool little area, very nice people despite the area showing it's age. And in the fall it's just absolutely gorgeous.

Thanks! I think ill be just fine. Already have people reaching out with options so thats a great start.

I miss all of Yuengling's beers. The porter is one i miss a whole bunch. But you got it, really nice people and the color change is definitely a sight to see. Honestly, one of the things holding me back from going back east is the humidity. F that noise lol

Thanks! I think ill be just fine. Already have people reaching out with options so thats a great start.

I miss all of Yuengling's beers. The porter is one i miss a whole bunch. But you got it, really nice people and the color change is definitely a sight to see. Honestly, one of the things holding me back from going back east is the humidity. F that noise lol

Aaaaand you have found one of the reasons that this is in the rant thread hahahahah.

It is better in the hills of PA than a lot of other places, but compared to the west it's still pretty flippin humid.

Good luck with moving. I just went through this two months ago and wouldn't wish it on anyone. Hope you find something you like soon

Good luck with moving. I just went through this two months ago and wouldn't wish it on anyone. Hope you find something you like soon

Moving sucks. Currently in Kansas City loading a rental truck by myself to drive back to Dallas

Aaaaand you have found one of the reasons that this is in the rant thread hahahahah.

It is better in the hills of PA than a lot of other places, but compared to the west it's still pretty flippin humid.
Yeah, humidity is no joke. It is basically responsible for breaking up a 4 year relationship haha

Thank you! Moving certainly isnt any fun, especially since I went through a massive reorganization a few months ago after the b!+(# left. Not looking forward to round 2 but we do what we must, and I will. Thank goodness for good friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back