Adams Red Hybrid Preview

Lovin' the look!
AL127_zoom_D.jpg
AL127_zoom_D2.jpg
AL127_zoom_D3.jpg
AL127_zoom_D4.jpg

http://adamsgolf.com/Red-Hybrid/DW-AL127.html?CID=us:ad:email:red-par&rrid=817764
The recipe for Red is simple:

Engineers placed the focus on versatility, utilizing a smaller head (95cc) that can handle a wider variety of difficult shots and make them easier to hit from all conditions.

Adams’ patented upside-down head design brings the CG lower, promoting easier launch and greater demand from all lies, increasing playability and inspiring player confidence.

To keep ball speed fast, even on off-center hits, Red utilizes Adams’ trusted and proven Velocity Slot TechnologyTM on the sole and Ghost Slot TechnologyTM on the crown.

As an extra benefit to those seeking maximum shot-shape options, three transferrable weights on the sole (one 25g & two 2g) can be configured to promote the flight that works best.

The result of these ingredients is Red: an aesthetically pleasing hybrid that will work for the golfer to make the game’s difficult shots easier.

These look a bit like some JDM models I saw with the higher toe and mid. I am wanting to try these out as I really like the tech behind them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is one sexy club right there. Maybe one day.

Used this one on our last trip to California playing with TaylorMade Golf. Love the look of it, but for me, it was just not the right hybrid. Nothing wrong with it mind you, just not a fit for what I like in this type of club. Watched others hit it rather well, including ddec I believe on the range before we teed off.

Stopped by the local shop and really wanted to hit a few different hybrid options. The attendant suggested I hit the Red and set it up the 23* for me. Club had the Matrix Altus and felt very stable. My miss was high toe but when I hit it center it was a real treat. I was only hitting it off the tee but was hitting a consistent high table top draw. Really excited to try it tomorrow at the outdoor demo and hopefully get some rips off the grass. Truly a sleeper hybrid, hadn't heard much about it but was very impressed!

Edit: I realized that the club had the stock Alta shaft. Not sure why I thought otherwise.

Last edited:
I'm amazed how many times I pulled this last weekend. In the draw position it is fun to hit. Have yet to hit it with a healthy hip. So august can't come soon enough.

I demoed the Red last weekend during our local demo days. It was the 3rd club of the day that I hit and the last club 6 hours later. It was just as easy to hit and the ball flight and distance were the same both times. It will be in my bag...

I demoed the Red last weekend during our local demo days. It was the 3rd club of the day that I hit and the last club 6 hours later. It was just as easy to hit and the ball flight and distance were the same both times. It will be in my bag...
Glad to hear it worked out for you. The club is really nice to look at, isn't it?

I have the 3Hy/Altus x. Amazing anti-hook Hybrid that hits penetrating ropes low /mid traj, but I can hit it upper med traj to land soft.

25g weight in the toe + two strips of lead tape low heal. I removed the shaft tip weight and now its a nice D2.5 with Flo and a similar weighted club to my 5w & 4i.

Nothing but straight lasers. My worst swing is a draw to left FW, that should have been a duck hook O/B. The weight in the toe widens the sweet spot and its very solid through the ball. Its that good! Playing competitors get very attentive watching the flights

My only complaint is its too long...I am getting 220y and prefer my gap to be around 205y...guess I will be getting the 23*

Last edited:
I just ordered a very good 26* to possibly replace my X2 Hot 5H off of Global golf for $80. Can't wait to test this bad boy out.

I just ordered a very good 26* to possibly replace my X2 Hot 5H off of Global golf for $80. Can't wait to test this bad boy out.
That's a good deal right there!

Just got my 26* in, and the head is still in plastic with the original head cover and wrench to adjust the weights. Pretty amazing deal, can't wait to get it out on the range on Saturday to test it against my 25* X2 Hot

Played 18 with it today, and hit it a few times on the range. Every shot was off the fairway/light rough, but I was really impressed. Best shot (and maybe the best shot of the round) was when I hit it pin high from the fairway 188 yards away (there was some wind at my back, so I was playing it around 180).

I left the weights in the standard configuration (25g center).

The 6H is about a half club shorter and has a lower, flatter ball flight than my X2 Hot 5H despite being the same length and one degree stronger. I think this fits the gaps in my bag a bit better so will keep it in going forward.

For those looking for a new hybrid I would recommend you check this out. It isn't a distance machine, but accurate and easy to hit.

One thing I don't like, lots of nooks and crannies for grass dirt to get in. I took the sole plate off and still couldn't get it all out.

2138249d31a8dd347314bc6c2226acee.jpg

That said, it is a good looking stick and I really like the headcover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hit this once today, and still really like it but it is a pain in the butt to keep clean in wet/muddy conditions. So many places for things to get caught up in. Hopefully not an issue I face much, but annoying.

All that said, it performs great. I am not good enough to use this in the lower lofts, but for a 5I replacement this is the type of club head I love.

Been looking at an used one at the pro shop.
Going to hit some range balls with it tomorrow.

This is a great hybrid. I found it to be a little shorter than other offerings, but it was so easy to line up and hit that you forget about that pretty quick.
Amazing you can get these for as low as $59 now......

Im interested in one of these. How would you recommend choosing a loft? Also what tool does it use. Im buying it used and i dont think the tool is included. Thanks

I hit this sucker at the shop yesterday to look into replacing my old a$$ J40's and I really enjoyed it. Hit the 18* loft in stiff flex and was just bombing it, 220-225 in the air and a very controllable trajectory. Easy to launch as well, and has a great sound and feel. The 18* I personally feel is a bit much to replace my 21* J40 - I honestly think it goes too far - but if I can get the 20* to do 215-220, it will be perfect.

The other hybrid I really liked was the R15, which seemed very similar but for looks and adjustability. And probably cost haha

Im interested in one of these. How would you recommend choosing a loft? Also what tool does it use. Im buying it used and i dont think the tool is included. Thanks

Missed this one from a while back, I have used a Taylormade tool and a Callaway tool. Think Titleist tools will work. I think the models are pretty close, a 26* was pretty close to a GI 6I in my opinion.

Hope this helps!

Just picked one of these up used for dirt cheap, always wondered what they played like. We'll see how it stacks up to the D200.

^ I just did the same, out of curiosity.

Are the stock shafts installed with the graphics on the underside of the shaft at address? Mine came that way. The words molded into the butt cap of the shaft are upside down, too. Looks weird to me.

Super late to the party on this... but I picked one up for $29 around the beginning of the year, and hadn't really played it at all. I set the weight in the fade setting... and holy cow am I in love. Hit this off the tee on 8 holes today, and never had one that wasn't in a good spot. First hybrid I don't hook the heck out of!

Back