Callaway XR16 Pro Driver Review Thread

Went into golfsmith to see some numbers. Quick with no warm up so swing was a bit off but still quite impressive and confirmed on course. More of a validation at this point. ABSOLUTELY LOVE this driver
98aad4b88894ba73d0f221aef94234d9.jpg
7113004bcc346782689121f79b33fd46.jpg

KC, were these numbers with the stock shaft or the hzrdus yellow? I assume that the hzrdus is not a stock shaft option...
I'm becoming more interested each day in the XR16.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My xr 16 Pro will be here tomorrow, will sneak away to the course to hit it tomorrow

KC, were these numbers with the stock shaft or the hzrdus yellow? I assume that the hzrdus is not a stock shaft option...
I'm becoming more interested each day in the XR16.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
With hzrdus yellow. And I don't believe hzrdus is a stock option with callaway YET. Knowing the guys that run the business there I'd say they should be jumping on board soon with the hottest shaft out right now

Hey Kang, tell the Golfsmith operator to turn down the wind setting in that monitor. I aint skeered! You can try and play these mind games on me but they will not work!

So you want a 3 way now Doug!?! Wait, that came out wrong. You know what I mean. It might take 2 CO's to overtake this 1 Texan. :D

#XR16Challenge2016

Hey Kang, tell the Golfsmith operator to turn down the wind setting in that monitor. I aint skeered! You can try and play these mind games on me but they will not work!

So you want a 3 way now Doug!?! Wait, that came out wrong. You know what I mean. It might take 2 CO's to overtake this 1 Texan. :D

#XR16Challenge2016
We know how these monitors can be :) FWIW it was set to "shot distance boost 1.0" I still think these monitors are screwed up. My ball speed should be higher :alien:

We know how these monitors can be :) FWIW it was set to "shot distance boost 1.0" I still think these monitors are screwed up. My ball speed should be higher :alien:

I just did 20 push ups while reading your post. I will be ready!

#XR16Challenge2016

I loved this driver yesterday, got in the Callaway cart now ready to go and then saw the Sub Zero. Now completely confused, but one or the other will be in hand before long.

I loved this driver yesterday, got in the Callaway cart now ready to go and then saw the Sub Zero. Now completely confused, but one or the other will be in hand before long.

I'm sure kc will have the Sub Zero by June for our challenge. I'll let him use either for it!

I'm sure kc will have the Sub Zero by June for our challenge. I'll let him use either for it!

Oh I want in on this challenge. My XR16 shows up Friday. To be honest I'm more worried about Kang than Big Time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I want in on this challenge. My XR16 shows up Friday. To be honest I'm more worried about Kang than Big Time.

Hahaha yes! Make nate swing harder to mess up that smooth butter cut

I embrace the underdog role.

Hahaha yes! Make nate swing harder to mess up that smooth butter cut

Oh I can play a draw.....only need 1 to find the grid! Ha.

Went into golfsmith to see some numbers. Quick with no warm up so swing was a bit off but still quite impressive and confirmed on course. More of a validation at this point. ABSOLUTELY LOVE this driver
98aad4b88894ba73d0f221aef94234d9.jpg
7113004bcc346782689121f79b33fd46.jpg

You make me want this club.

Nate i'll take you in the challenge, just to be different but you've got this.

You make me want this club.

Nate i'll take you in the challenge, just to be different but you've got this.

No, No, No, I don't want any sympathy votes here. Kang is hitting it 310 yards on average. I have my work cut out in the next few months.

Funny side story from my XR16 (reg) outing last weekend. I played with BigTex, Cookie and TexasHacker and by the back nine I was walking off the tee boxes telling BigTex, "I love this driver". Next tee box walking off, "Man, I love this driver". Repeat, Repeat, Repeat...........

Based on those spin numbers, the sub zero would be a mistake according to our meeting yesterday.

My xr pro is on truck for delivery, I hope it gets to office before my tee time today, would love to get it on the course today

Based on those spin numbers, the sub zero would be a mistake according to our meeting yesterday.
Probably too low spin for me. I don't put up huge spin numbers generally on driver but low spin is the profile I have most success with on course. The xr16 pro is firmly in the bag now

Probably too low spin for me. I don't put up huge spin numbers generally on driver but low spin is the profile I have most success with on course. The xr16 pro is firmly in the bag now

Its a very limited edition driver meant for a VERY small segment of the golfer that has too much spin with a fast swing speed.

So not an old man Internet type golfer for sure then, is it safe to say that without the SS this will just not not produce much of anything?

Its a very limited edition driver meant for a VERY small segment of the golfer that has too much spin with a fast swing speed.

Also assuming the SIM was jacked that I tested the XR Pro on and my SS was closer to what we saw in Tampa say maybe I got 92 or 93 with the best swings I did still see gains over the 816. Since it is going to be impossible to test the Sub Zero (unless at Club Clash, which is not possible for me) I may just go ahead and order the XR Pro and take the few extra yards available.

I tried a few swings with this and the large sweet spot and piercing flight was surprising. I usually can't get a high enough launch out of low spin setups but this one looked promising on the simulator.

I have a coupe rounds in the book with this driver and so far so good. Foregivness is great

Back