The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
My THP webmail has been blocked at work. Wrong kind of hacking people!

This makes it difficult to get some things I need to get done, done.

Anyway to route it through gmail or something?

Tell your IT department that brightcloud.com says the site is safe.
9f733fb557f64a48d57d8ef13bfe811f.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Dang service shop. It's why I hate dealing with car dealership service departments. Was told that the front brake pads on the wifes car were very thin. Brought them in to be changed today ... midway through my day get a call and was told "Surprise! Rotors need to be replaced too!" essentially double my costs for the day. F that! Shopping around to find someplace to do it cheaper.

You mean when that guy measured my brake pad widths that he couldn't see the rotor was rusted out and shot to sh!t? I call crap on that.

Haha. Brightcloud says we are less than 3 years old. Does that mean I get refunded for all of those server bills I paid?

driving 60+ miles each way to Chicago and back for work is really getting old. Over 2.5 hours
of driving each day. we need to get some projects up closer to me. 2 years until I've got all my pension
credits and then back to Arizona.

Dang service shop. It's why I hate dealing with car dealership service departments. Was told that the front brake pads on the wifes car were very thin. Brought them in to be changed today ... midway through my day get a call and was told "Surprise! Rotors need to be replaced too!" essentially double my costs for the day. F that! Shopping around to find someplace to do it cheaper.

You mean when that guy measured my brake pad widths that he couldn't see the rotor was rusted out and shot to sh!t? I call crap on that.
So called a guy who used to do work on my older car before I bought the new Kia. He said he thought it odd that a rotor (even if it was rusted because of salt - we bought it used and it's possible the car was from up North ... actually we have two of the same car, same make/model/year ... just bought one new and one used) would be bad with only 4 years and ~60,000 miles on it. Also, he said he could do the brake job for roughly half of what the dealership could do it for.

So I called the dealership and asked them why they didn't see this issue when they had checked my brake pads a few weeks ago. They said until the entire tire came off and they took the rotor off to turn it, they didn't see the problem. Asked them if they'd guarantee the pads if I chose to forgo the rotor repair ... they said they couldn't. Asked them if they had done any of the work yet ... they had not. Told them to put it all back together and I'd come get it, and pay for the labor up until that point.

Called my old repair guy and scheduled an appointment for tomorrow morning. If the rotors are indeed good, can have all four brake pads changed out for the price of just the front at the dealership.

Twenty minutes later the service manager calls and says he'd guarantee the brake pads on the rusted rotors. Told him I appreciated it, but at this point his people had me freaked about the rotors so I needed it all done at the same time and hadn't budgeted for the extra costs that accrued today. Sheesh. Told him again to just put it all back together and I'd come pick it up before work was over.

Just got another call as I'm typing this up ... service manager said he's going to put on new rotors free of charge. Jimminy Christmas, this guy is persistent. I approved the repair but I'm dead honest when I say I'm done with taking my car to the dealership from this point forward. Will probably take my car tomorrow to my old repair guy and have him change the other set of pads (the others were worn, but not as far down as the front set) and also have him check the work on the other set ... if the dealership screws me today, I'll know about it tomorrow.

So called a guy who used to do work on my older car before I bought the new Kia. He said he thought it odd that a rotor (even if it was rusted because of salt - we bought it used and it's possible the car was from up North ... actually we have two of the same car, same make/model/year ... just bought one new and one used) would be bad with only 4 years and ~60,000 miles on it. Also, he said he could do the brake job for roughly half of what the dealership could do it for.

So I called the dealership and asked them why they didn't see this issue when they had checked my brake pads a few weeks ago. They said until the entire tire came off and they took the rotor off to turn it, they didn't see the problem. Asked them if they'd guarantee the pads if I chose to forgo the rotor repair ... they said they couldn't. Asked them if they had done any of the work yet ... they had not. Told them to put it all back together and I'd come get it, and pay for the labor up until that point.

Called my old repair guy and scheduled an appointment for tomorrow morning. If the rotors are indeed good, can have all four brake pads changed out for the price of just the front at the dealership.

Twenty minutes later the service manager calls and says he'd guarantee the brake pads on the rusted rotors. Told him I appreciated it, but at this point his people had me freaked about the rotors so I needed it all done at the same time and hadn't budgeted for the extra costs that accrued today. Sheesh. Told him again to just put it all back together and I'd come pick it up before work was over.

Just got another call as I'm typing this up ... service manager said he's going to put on new rotors free of charge. Jimminy Christmas, this guy is persistent. I approved the repair but I'm dead honest when I say I'm done with taking my car to the dealership from this point forward. Will probably take my car tomorrow to my old repair guy and have him change the other set of pads (the others were worn, but not as far down as the front set) and also have him check the work on the other set ... if the dealership screws me today, I'll know about it tomorrow.

Ask for the old parts and have your guy look at them and see if he'd suggest them being changed. My guess is the SM didn't want your car to leave and not get the sale of brakes. Looks bad on them. Got to love when they do that stuff.

Just got told to give it a rest for a couple weeks because apparently I've done some damage to my right MCL.
No wonder it hurts like freaking hell 1/2 the time, particularly in the morning.....or after a round of golf! :yikes:

Dammit.

Just got told to give it a rest for a couple weeks because apparently I've done some damage to my right MCL.
No wonder it hurts like freaking hell 1/2 the time, particularly in the morning.....or after a round of golf! :yikes:

Dammit.

Sorry to read this buddy. Glad you were able to make it through the event a few weeks back....little consolation though I know.

Dammit.

Ugh that sucks. Hope it heals up quickly for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man that sucks buddy! Get healed quickly and back out on the course!

Dammit.

rest up and get better.

Sorry to read this buddy. Glad you were able to make it through the event a few weeks back....little consolation though I know.
Yeah, three rounds in three days might not have helped it. But I played pretty OK, so.....:shrug:
It just sucks I can't walk for about 4 days after I play now. :)

Took my car in for an oil change and now i'm getting bombarded with phone calls to ensure i had 'excellent' customer service in case the manufacturer surveys me. Every additional phone call it's going down from excellent, to great, to ok, to 'never going here again'...

Erin Andrews had someone look at her in the equivalent of a bathing suit. And is now awarded $55 million because of it

1. She was naked. Not in a bathing suit, towel or something similar.

2. 17 Million people watched the video of her naked.

3. The guy who did it had been stalking her for two years.

4. The hotel told the stalker where Andrews was staying and gave him the room next to her.

5. During the trial (after Andrews testified), the hotel execs played the video of Andrews nude on the public televisions of a neighboring restaurant. The excuse was that they were "strategizing" and that the video wasn't taken down "as quickly as they had wanted."

Have your wife, girlfriend, mother or daughter experience what is listed above and then explain your post to them.

Signed,

Your "sue happy" lawyer that wouldn't want the above happening to anyone that he knows.

The Official Rant of the Day

Then what should happen to the families of those that lose life? Between the news and Internet those views dwarf those numbers and they get nowhere near 55 million.

She deserved to be made "whole" which in my opinion is what courts are for, but the numbers are skewed.

Then what should happen to the families of those that lose life? Between the news and Internet those views dwarf those numbers and they get nowhere near 55 million.

She deserved to be made "whole" which in my opinion is what courts are for, but the numbers are skewed.

punitive damages, no? like the mcdonald's hot coffee lady. no way she got what she did to make her whole for getting burned, it was to punish mcdonalds for negligence. the scales of justice aren't really designed for tortious behavior.

signed: "not an attorney"

Mandatory training. Because after 13 years in the Army, I have not figured out not to put OPSEC info on Facebook. Nor have I learned not to play touch-butt with my battle buddies.

AF civilian training, opsec, hearing protection, sarp(3times) sexual harassment, trafficking persons, suicide prevention(makes me consider it), I know I'm forgetting a few not to mention specific job related ones. Soo much time wasted that accomplishes nothing when you can pass the test even if you skip the training part.

punitive damages, no? like the mcdonald's hot coffee lady. no way she got what she did to make her whole for getting burned, it was to punish mcdonalds for negligence. the scales of justice aren't really designed for tortious behavior.

signed: "not an attorney"

The thing that is usually missed about the McDonald's coffee case is that the coffee was kept at a ridiculously hot temperature (near boiling) in an effort to kill bacteria growing in the coffee maker. That was the case because the restaurant opted to never clean the coffee maker (and instead keep the coffee at a near-boiling temperature).

The resulting burns were also well beyond someone spilling what a normal person would think "hot coffee" would do.

The thing that is usually missed about the McDonald's coffee case is that the coffee was kept at a ridiculously hot temperature (near boiling) in an effort to kill bacteria growing in the coffee maker. That was the case because the restaurant opted to never clean the coffee maker (and instead keep the coffee at a near-boiling temperature).

The resulting burns were also well beyond someone spilling what a normal person would think "hot coffee" would do.

right, negligence. sure, there was pain and suffering. but it was also "ok now Ronald, you have to back the money truck up and unload it on this lady so that hopefully this stings so bad you'll never do it again." or am I mistaken?

Couple of things.

First, she won't recover 55million. The jury apportioned fault between the stalker (51 percent) and hotel (49 percent), which means that the verdict is split between those defendants on those percentages.

She won't see the approximately 28million against the stalker.

She obviously won't see the approximately 27million against the hotel either with attorneys' fees and litigation expenses. It will still be a sizable amount of money, of course.

Second, comparing this case to a death case is tough, because it's tough to generally place a value on someone's death. Juries doing it have an almost impossible task of trying to figure out the value of someone's life.

I don't think that punitive damages were sought in Andrews' case, but it wouldn't shock me if the jury awarded a high amount because they were angry at the hotel and wanted to punish the hotel chain. The jury was not sequestered, and they could have easily learned about the hotel management team playing the video publicly after Andrews testified.

I know there is often banter about verdicts being too high. From someone who sees the highs and lows (from both sides), I'm always happy to discuss.

right, negligence. sure, there was pain and suffering. but it was also "ok now Ronald, you have to back the money truck up and unload it on this lady so that hopefully this stings so bad you'll never do it again." or am I mistaken?

There is inherently that element in a verdict like that for a case involving egregious conduct, even if punitive damages are not specifically sought.

My opinion is that is garbage. Can't put a value on death but can on nudity? Don't buy it.

Whether or not she gets the money is irrelevant. I don't expect or care if people agree with me, and certainly have no issue with her being made whole but that example doesn't fly.

There is inherently that element in a verdict like that for a case involving egregious conduct, even if punitive damages are not specifically sought.

appreciate the insight! thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back