The 2015 Grandaddy Recap Thread - Thanks For The Memories

It makes me happy when people outside of our team post about watching the video. It's awesome that everyone enjoys it as much as we do. Thank you to everyone who followed along and given that video a watch

I watched it again this morning.:act-up: The editing and music makes it a great package. It could be THP digital poster. Just show that video to someone who has never heard of THP and they would be hooked. Well, that and your posts on the event Philly. Your recap of that event are still my favorite posts on the entire forum. Not to take anything away from any of the other recaps of any other event held here, but the amount of detail and emotion you conveyed is inspiring. Thanks for that.

Random memory that popped in my head...

After our first day of golf we went out to dinner, and I remember looking over the drink menu and the Moscow Mule was ordered, and then a bunch of the team started ordering them. It was a blast sitting around with everyone, reminiscing about our rounds, and sharing some delicious Moscow Mules.

Random memory that popped in my head...

After our first day of golf we went out to dinner, and I remember looking over the drink menu and the Moscow Mule was ordered, and then a bunch of the team started ordering them. It was a blast sitting around with everyone, reminiscing about our rounds, and sharing some delicious Moscow Mules.

those things were so freaking delicious.

Also I packed up my Grandaddy Travel bag this morning for Club Clash.

those things were so freaking delicious.

Also I packed up my Grandaddy Travel bag this morning for Club Clash.

That Travel Bag is amazing. I cannot wait to use mine again. The gray and that logo.. It is just sharp

That Travel Bag is amazing. I cannot wait to use mine again. The gray and that logo.. It is just sharp

I almost packed the duffel bag too to use as a carry on instead of my backpack. But it was a little unnecessary since I didn't need the space. Big fan of both

I almost packed the duffel bag too to use as a carry on instead of my backpack. But it was a little unnecessary since I didn't need the space. Big fan of both

Yessir, brought the Duffle to KC last weekend, and it comes with me everyday to the gym. I have gotten quite a few compliments on it. The color scheme is just really, really solid.

Watched the video again last night on the flat screen in all it's HD glory. Planning on re-reading the live thread again now that it's finally time to start kicking off my golf season for real. Never been this energized to get out and golf, and really just have a whole new perspective on the game now. That surreal feeling I had in December is with me still, even today and probably always will be.

This thread is truly therapy for me. When i'm down or feeling negative about something, I come in here and read all the awesome that we experienced as a group and I instantly forget why I was mad or down. This event is truly more than golf, thank you again THP and Callaway for allowing me to have the experience of a lifetime.

Came home from work today and MrsV put this beauty on the wall
63b131291e578d224439917f29679d6d.jpg

Thats a beauty.

one of my favorite things to do is go back to the live thread and read who was actively following. There was so much excitement throughout the thread, it's a blast to sit back and read it all over again.

One wish I have is to go back, and update the thread as I dont feel I did a good job when I was there....
Following this year was awesome!

That's pretty awesome phil!

Hi guys! Miss the hell out you all

43741d199a829c3ed98e98fdeef56c7a.jpg

Best weather I've been in since I left San Diego so I thought it would be appropriate to break this guy out and enjoy an albatross
df6881f9327de45b746a6059110a7f0f.jpg

I drink out of that cup all the time. Sometimes I like to put the copper mug away and drink a Moscow mule out of it

7ec5e9c3330e140f4e5875445aa85ecb.jpg

Made some mules tonight, went to snap a picture and Anne said "well, you have to make it look nice!"

Miss you guys, hope you are all doing well

That feeling boarding that flight in Dallas knowing where I was going. And who I was going with. I could see JB and Jman sitting there on the plane. Three hours that felt like a life time. That feeling once we touched down in San Diego is something I crave in life. Pure and genuine excitement and anticipation. I miss that

That feeling boarding that flight in Dallas knowing where I was going. And who I was going with. I could see JB and Jman sitting there on the plane. Three hours that felt like a life time. That feeling once we touched down in San Diego is something I crave in life. Pure and genuine excitement and anticipation. I miss that

I am not sure, but think that feeling can be recreated...Maybe not.

I am not sure, but think that feeling can be recreated...Maybe not.

That's the dream. If it happened once it's possible to happen again

So just a story I felt the need to share:

My new boss (CEO of our small company) is HUGE into golf, I mean huge. Has multiple memberships at country clubs here in Dallas, one in South Carolina, one in Florida. Yesterday he was wearing a needlepoint belt with the Pine Valley logo, so I asked him about it. He told me he has been fortunate enough to play Pine Valley 3 times, and he started asking me about my favorite courses.

I minimized my email and showed him my background, which is a picture from the Hideaway. His reaction was priceless. We started talking about the Grandaddy, and a guy who has made more money in the past 3 years than I will make in my life couldn't believe the opportunity. Telling non-THPers about this event really drives home just how astounding it is that regular joes get to do this.

I shared stories about the course, the members, the fittings, hotel, and then he asked how much it cost, and when I told him free he just couldn't believe it. I am truly fortunate to be able to be part of the great fraternity of #Grandaddy participants, and I love sharing my story with anyone who will listen.

Back