The 2016 Gauntlet with Callaway Golf

Head to the range in a few minuets myself. What is everyones plan for preparing? do you get more out of range time or does the course time help more? I know for me hitting the range often helps keep my timing sharp.

It's both for me. I prefer working on course just because we don't have a short game area at the range I go to. But if I feel like my swing has been getting loose or I need to re-groove my setup routine, the range is the place to go.

Head to the range in a few minuets myself. What is everyones plan for preparing? do you get more out of range time or does the course time help more? I know for me hitting the range often helps keep my timing sharp.

Pretty much mix if range/short game practice, playing extra rounds, and making sure my fitness stays in order. Typical week will be 2-3 practice sessions, 18-36 holes, and 3-4 workouts a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty much mix if range/short game practice, playing extra rounds, and making sure my fitness stays in order. Typical week will be 2-3 practice sessions, 18-36 holes, and 3-4 workouts a week.

I'm going to put BigTex through the Nate Gauntlet, starting this Sunday so that when this event is finally played it will be a walk in the park. :D

I'm going to put BigTex through the Nate Gauntlet, starting this Sunday so that when this event is finally played it will be a walk in the park. :D

I'm in! You and Taylor can start the hazing process this weekend.

Awesome Nate.

I know I will need to hit the range quite a bit. Man I am rusty for sure since this is only my second time out in about 8 months. It showed but I will be ready come May.

I'll be on the range getting back in shape but then I will be playing as often as I can and different courses as well to help get my handicap to travel and I don't get sucked into the mentality that I am great on one course I play all the time.

Lucky for you guys, I'm still about a month and a half before the season starts here.

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

75ea4be6a308ab1ce52fd5d4eb09b396.jpg

Not the greatest, but not bad considering I haven't been able to put in much time since January.

Putting in the work for #TeamStripeShow

Range session, lesson, putting practice and Golf Strong Distance 2 today.

#cantstopwontstop #TheGauntlet #TeamRookie :D

For the participants working on their practicing, my advice is focus on two things: Accuracy off the tee and putting. First, desert golf rewards those who can keep it in the short grass off the tee, otherwise you are going to be attempting to recover from desert areas and unless you are in the desert there is no practicing these shots unless you have a course with a lot of hardpan.

Secondly, the greens at We Ko Pa are bent and will run true and quick. The greens are not gimmicky, so speed is more of a priority then anything.

For the participants working on their practicing, my advice is focus on two things: Accuracy off the tee and putting. First, desert golf rewards those who can keep it in the short grass off the tee, otherwise you are going to be attempting to recover from desert areas and unless you are in the desert there is no practicing these shots unless you have a course with a lot of hardpan.

Secondly, the greens at We Ko Pa are bent and will run true and quick. The greens are not gimmicky, so speed is more of a priority then anything.

Thanks, Fup :D

Hey fup. Question for u. Last time I was out in the desert, every time I hit a ball out of it, my ball had some really weird spin on it. Any ideas why that is?

I think it was always short and slicing

Accuracy off the tee isn't my thing. Lol

Hey fup. Question for u. Last time I was out in the desert, every time I hit a ball out of it, my ball had some really weird spin on it. Any ideas why that is?

I get my best results out of the desert just trying to chip it back into the fairway.
When I try to do more than that (which I do a lot more than I should) it often doesn't turn out well.

I get my best results out of the desert just trying to chip it back into the fairway.
When I try to do more than that (which I do a lot more than I should) it often doesn't turn out well.

Guessing the rocks can cause some issues with clean contact.

The 2016 Gauntlet with Callaway Golf

I think this is because of three things:

1. You take less then a full swing because you are hesitant to take a full swing out of the desert.

2. You also are less likely to complete your swing at the bottom so it results in an open face glancing blow.

3. The tendency on this shot is to pick the ball clean which is always going to result in higher RPMs off the club face.

72 days!

"Callaway Swag Bag - Each captain is putting together a custom swag bag for their team. Could be just about anything."

And all the Surprises!

Another range session in the books in prep for this. Driver is feeling really good right now and as accurate as I have ever been. Woods feel great, but I am struggling a tad with my longer irons 4-6, losing them a little right with a weak fade. Might try and get a lesson but within a couple months I don't want to many thoughts in my head.

GBB is back in my bag, and I ordered a Matrix Ozik 60X4 White Tie in stiff for it this morning :D

Great practice day today. I hit some range balls before work and then played 18 at lunch. There was no one on the course since we were supposed to get a deluge of rain today. I averaged 276 off the tee which wasn't my longest round average, but everything was in or near the fairway. I shot an 84 but it felt like one of those rounds that should have been much better.

Love all the prep guys! Gonna make #TeamRookie work a little for it and I like that. This is going to be such an amazing event! Can't wait for it to finally get here.

Back