Ping Refinishing Service - Top Notch

wkndwarrior

Reaction score
Handicap
Bourbon
I just received my Father's Day gift for 2015 from Ping; yes, you read that right, 2015 - hahaha! My kids, and wifey, wanted to buy me some new clubs last year but my G5's aren't going anywhere so I asked just to have them refinished. G5's? Man, I use a Cleveland Launcher 400 still so if it works for me, it stays, and the G5's just work.
Getting rid of the clubs is a problem though when you're playing every week and worried about the time it will take to get the clubs back. They said 7 business days at most but I didn't believe that for one second. Well damn, I'm gonna miss a little time due to a rib injury so thought this was the time to get 'er done. I barely shipped them off last Monday (Feb. 29) and received them "like new" last night; one week only. That's incredible service and the clubs truly do look brand new. So much so, I'm not too sure I want to hit them and mess 'em up...yeah right. See the pics, great job; Kudos Ping.

Attachments

• G5_All_2.jpg
    G5_All_2.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 21
  • G5_Face.jpg
    G5_Face.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 23
  • G5_Sole.jpg
    G5_Sole.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Those look brand new!

All I can say is WOW

Those look great! Like new.

Wow, those things look MINT.

That's really cool, and one of my favorite things about PING clubs.

Sweet refinish

Very nice! How bad were they when you sent them out? What'd they charge for this if you don't mind my asking?

So you sent these to Ping directly?

Do they still charge only $18 per club for the refinish?

They did a great job!

Figure more than 200 rounds and many many practice sessions; more than 10 years old so they looked used but taken care of pretty well. Now, I can honestly say, they look brand new. It cost $17 per club. Yes, I sent them to Ping directly, for me it was only $14 to ship via UPS to them and I paid for the shipping back, which Ping charged $18 for FedEx. Once Ping receives the clubs, they'll call you to confirm the information you put on the repair form. Please go to their website, click on the "customer service" link in the upper-right corner and then click on "club repair", and go from there. It's quite a simple process.

Figure more than 200 rounds and many many practice sessions; more than 10 years old so they looked used but taken care of pretty well. Now, I can honestly say, they look brand new. It cost $17 per club. Yes, I sent them to Ping directly, for me it was only $14 to ship via UPS to them and I paid for the shipping back, which Ping charged $18 for FedEx. Once Ping receives the clubs, they'll call you to confirm the information you put on the repair form. Please go to their website, click on the "customer service" link in the upper-right corner and then click on "club repair", and go from there. It's quite a simple process.

Ping is one of the best customer service companies out there. I've had nothing but amazing service from them the 3 or 4 occasions that I've sent clubs back to them. They are also the only 20-30 year old iron sets that I still see being played by guys at my club.

Those irons look stunning, what a great gift.

They look awesome. I currently game the PING i-Series Irons. I think they will remain with me for quite a long time, either as gamers or as my backup set. Getting them refinished in 3-5 years seems like a great idea.

Did you do anything else? i.e. shaft or grip upgrade? They usually charge a bit too much IMO for those types of services. With that said, you don't have much of an option if you want them to refinish your clubheads.

Those look awesome ! Good to know being a PING owner!

I had my G5s tumbled about 10 years ago by Ping and they came back perfect. Less than $20 per club and 5 day turn around. Ping rocks.

Wow. Amazing. Those look brand new.

Amazing, they look brand new, kudos to Ping.

Awesome, I thought they would look good but not that good! Are they still legal for tournaments??

WOW those looks gorgeous! They look brand new. Congrats

Very nice! Ping does do a great job refinishing their clubs and this thread shows it.

Thanks man. Oh yeah, they're still legal.

Back