The Official 2016 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like they just pulled their deal with Schwartz (RT) off the table as well. They lost TB not sure what they are doing here the small glimmers they did have they are letting walk with no clear plan to replace them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

They are a mess culturally right now. Hue Jackson has said from day 1 he needs to change the culture. They will probably bring in someone like Mohamed Sanu and see if Josh Gordon can stay out of trouble. It's a total cleaning of the house and it's something that should have been done after Mangini was fired

Geez the Browns are well being the Browns.

This made me laugh

User Actions
Follow

Brent Sobleski@brentsobleski
Browns last 3 FA periods lost: Mack
Benjamin
Sheard
Skrine
Rubin
Ward
Lauvao
Schwartz, Gipson next?

Quality franchise building.

i get what your saying... but lets say all those guys are still on the team signed....what do they have 1 or 2 more wins last year if that... they have had one of the best O lines in the league for how long it hasnt translated into wins.

they need to focus making the right choice at QB and getting some weapons at WR if they take one at #32. i like rashard matthews who is still out thereas well.

How do you Philly fans like the thought of Chase Daniel signing with them? He was a really solid back up in KC for the last 3 years. I wouldn't be surprised if he pushes Bradford for the starting position. He's a smart QB with a above average arm, just not "NFL tall". I think you'll enjoy having him on your team, makes the backup QB position so bad with him on the bench to some in for Mr. Glass/Sam Bradford.

The kind of money they are throwing around, talking about for Brock Osweiler seems crazy for a fairly unknown commodity.

Isnt it similar to Matt Flynn money from a few years ago? and he has played more than Flynn did to get that offer

Appears Marvin Jones is heading to the Lions for 8M/yr. definitely not going to replace Calvin.

Isnt it similar to Matt Flynn money from a few years ago? and he has played more than Flynn did to get that offer
Yeah that Flynn deal was ridiculous!

Texans adding Brock Osweiler and Lamar Miller. Texans fans, you are going to LOVE Lamar Miller. He was criminally under-utilized in Miami, and will be great in the system that Bill O'Brien runs.

FOrte to the Jets?

Texans adding Brock Osweiler and Lamar Miller. Texans fans, you are going to LOVE Lamar Miller. He was criminally under-utilized in Miami, and will be great in the system that Bill O'Brien runs.

I hope so! I absolutely loved Arian Foster, so if he can put in that kind of work, it will be great.

Not thrilled about Osweiler, but it is definitely a move forward compared to what they currently have. Very atypical move for the Texans' FO.

I guess the extra 4 million per year is worth never seeing a Superbowl again. That was way to much money for Brock but I guess if you're desperate and have the cash to burn.

That leaves Kaepernick or RG3. I see another season of 17-14 defensive wins next year.

Edit: This is now the one team that I hope Denver plays next year.

I guess the extra 4 million per year is worth never seeing a Superbowl again. That was way to much money for Brock but I guess if you're desperate and have the cash to burn.

That leaves Kaepernick or RG3. I see another season of 17-14 defensive wins next year.

Edit: This is now the one team that I hope Denver plays next year.

If the Texans believe he is there next starting QB then I think the amount seems fine to me, you want a QB in the NFL you have pay for it. Look how many people said Cam got to much a couple years ago.

Damn who does that leave with the starting job in Denver?

The Steelers resign Foster when I would've rather them resign Beachum and move Wallace to guard or draft one. They add Ladarius Green to an already loaded offense when I'd rather have Jesse James get the nod and sign some secondary help. Don't get me wrong, I'm not unhappy with either just would have seen it go a little different.

If the Texans believe he is there next starting QB then I think the amount seems fine to me, you want a QB in the NFL you have pay for it. Look how many people said Cam got to much a couple years ago.

The team that groomed him for 4 years think he isn't worth it so I'll go with their opinion. Money plus being butthurt over being benched for the Superbowl run was enough for him to take his ring and go. He will improve the Texans but who wouldn't? He will not be their savior though and that is the kind of money he is receiving.

Am i angry? Sure I am it takes away the most important position away from my team that is capable of running off a string of deep playoff appearances. Instead they are now scrambling and will have to hand the team over to a new face.

The Steelers resign Foster when I would've rather them resign Beachum and move Wallace to guard or draft one. They add Ladarius Green to an already loaded offense when I'd rather have Jesse James get the nod and sign some secondary help. Don't get me wrong, I'm not unhappy with either just would have seen it go a little different.

Green is a steal as he has the speed and hands to do damage from the TE position. VERY scary offensive targets for Ben.

Over Kap or Osweiller?

I think he is the better option over Kap, but just don't see him taking them to the playoffs. Even with their defense.

you had me kind of excited about Miller to Dallas a couple of months ago. I think those are two really good signings for Houston.

The team that groomed him for 4 years think he isn't worth it so I'll go with their opinion. Money plus being butthurt over being benched for the Superbowl run was enough for him to take his ring and go. He will improve the Texans but who wouldn't? He will not be their savior though and that is the kind of money he is receiving.

Am i angry? Sure I am it takes away the most important position away from my team that is capable of running off a string of deep playoff appearances. Instead they are now scrambling and will have to hand the team over to a new face.
I am simply saying I dont think the money is to far out of bounds. Den offered him 30 garuenteed and Houston had to go above that to get the man they wanted. Look i get the fanhood makes it a little blurry as my bucs reached a little to sign Martin, but that is nature of FA, if you want to sign a guy over someone else you need to overpay a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back