Musical Guilty Pleasures

Its a couple guys from NOFX, Lagwagon and some other band IIRC.

This is why we're friends.

I used to play in a band that was nothing but a Me First rip off when I was about 15 or 16

Tears for Fears, INXS, & 90’s rap

Definitely nothing to be ashamed of but it catches people by surprise since I typically listen to metal.

Tears for Fears, INXS, & 90’s rap

Definitely nothing to be ashamed of but it catches people by surprise since I typically listen to metal.

Songs from the Big Chair is one of the best produced albums from the 80's

That’s why it’s a guilty pleasure. I’m ashamed as it is.

Dude...you might as well shave your head, grow a soul patch, get double hoop earrings, a bad trible tattoo, put on your Ed Hardy shirt and "manly" bedazzled jeans and go dance around with divorcees at the local wing joint, primarily surrounded by other "bros"...don't forget a spray tan

I have no musical guilty pleasures since I don't feel guilty about any of the music I like.
I like some of just about everything, from Blues to country, hip hop to crooners, rock to classical....

Me First and the Gimme Gimmes. Been listening to them forever. Punk covers of a lot of popular songs spanning decades. Most people probably know them from their cover of Over the Rainbow during the opening to Taxi Cab Confessions.
Good stuff! They're part of my Spotify mix which includes Goldfinger, Less Than Jake and a bunch of other punk/ska stuff.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'm pretty much with DrumDog, no real "Guilty Pleasures" any more, I like what I like. Now when I was younger, it was pretty much hard rock/blues rock/blues PERIOD! I hated country, which is what my parents listened to ....... except this guy. He was considered kind of country pop at the time, one of my Mom's favorites, and at the time a guilty pleasure for me that I openly enjoy now (what an incredible talent!):

Air Supply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude...you might as well shave your head, grow a soul patch, get double hoop earrings, a bad trible tattoo, put on your Ed Hardy shirt and "manly" bedazzled jeans and go dance around with divorcees at the local wing joint, primarily surrounded by other "bros"...don't forget a spray tan

Don’t make me take off my visor and meet you outside by my Xterra!!

I still catch myself listening to glam/hair metal from the 80's...and enjoying it. Just listened to a White Lion record today.

Hall and Oates as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still catch myself listening to glam/hair metal from the 80's...and enjoying it. Just listened to a White Lion record today.
Hot for Teacher is the greatest love song ever.

Off the top of my head I would say J-POP stuff. Thinking a bit, maybe like 21 Pilots and Halsey. Really though I'll listen to just about anything. I try not to limit myself as a musician as I've always felt even a single note could inspire. I do shy away from most newer country though...

I was born and raised on prog, and hard rock. I love Burt Bacharach and Steve Tyrell.

Last edited:

Hi, my name is J.B. and I like the Gap Band!

The Eagles, always and forever my #1.

The Platters, INXS and really all 80's music (my decade! LOL), Boston, AC/DC, Public Enemy... and for freak's sake, Duran Duran.

There, I said it.

Neil Diamond

Beach Boys or Jan and Dean from the 60's.

When I don;t have the wife and kids in the car with me I've found I really enjoy some bluegrass. I've actually found some some obscure bands that i've now purchased their albums to listen to. Pandora is awesome for finding new bands I find. Current playlist includes, The Dead South, Grandpas Cough Medicine, The Devil Makes Three.

Back