So does anyone else put things other than candy in the kids Easter baskets? Seems like the Easter bunny has become part Santa Claus in some cases.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Yup. Up until this year, the Easter Bunny left clues around the house and the kids did a scavenger hunt for little things like books, whiffle balls, sidewalk chalk, etc. Nothing too big, and usually outdoor-type things. This year though the kids each got a new book, a small electronics thing (iPod case or iPhone charger) and an outdoor badminton set.

efdaf365a9ba84f4da602b94c5722ca6.jpg

We had a big get together at breakfast this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That picture brings back so many good memories with my youngest daughter - soak it in and enjoy.

Parenting Thread

5baf2463740465456286b7088a2b893c.jpg

Happy Easter

ddebf9c67733f910e30d5bff4834be99.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It seems like he wants to it more to play with now. I think he is just trying to use Halloween as an excuse.
Well played....

I still do that when justifying golf purchases to my wife. "sure hunnie, I can wear tartan pants to work"

My 10yo told us the other day that he knows we're the Easter bunny. My wife and I tried to play it off, but he flat out said he found the receipts from the stuff he got last Easter when he was getting the baskets and decorations out.

Oops...
Who saves receipts?!?! LOL

My daughter got her ears pierced tonight. I'm having a hard time with my little girl growing up. I'm not fighting it, but she's getting so big.

So my daughter strained her hamstring pretty badly this weekend during her competitions. If my wife and I hadn't said anything to one of the main chaperones, she never would have told an adult (and she never even told her primary instructor either). Thankfully they had her ice it and made sure she had some Advil.

Well, turns out that she came dangerously close to tearing it. She told her track coach immediately as soon as she saw her at practice, and the team trainer checked her out. So now she has to rest and treat it all week - no track practice and no indoor dance team practice. She can go to both, but can't run or jump, just stretch and walk. Indoor finals for the regional circuit are this Saturday, and then in a week and a half she leaves for Nationals in Dayton. It's going to be a chore keeping her from over exerting herself, I may have to go to all of her practices just to keep an eye on her!!

So my daughter strained her hamstring pretty badly this weekend during her competitions. If my wife and I hadn't said anything to one of the main chaperones, she never would have told an adult (and she never even told her primary instructor either). Thankfully they had her ice it and made sure she had some Advil.

Well, turns out that she came dangerously close to tearing it. She told her track coach immediately as soon as she saw her at practice, and the team trainer checked her out. So now she has to rest and treat it all week - no track practice and no indoor dance team practice. She can go to both, but can't run or jump, just stretch and walk. Indoor finals for the regional circuit are this Saturday, and then in a week and a half she leaves for Nationals in Dayton. It's going to be a chore keeping her from over exerting herself, I may have to go to all of her practices just to keep an eye on her!!
Ouch...what events does she compete in?
How long is that hamstring going to keep her out?
I tore mine twice and it's so easy to hurt it again if you rush back.

Parenting Thread

Ouch...what events does she compete in?
How long is that hamstring going to keep her out?
I tore mine twice and it's so easy to hurt it again if you rush back.

She's a sprinter in track. As a freshman she doesn't have any set events yet but they're shutting her down for the week. We're more concerned with indoor dance as she's one of 6 dancers and has a lot of responsibility for props in the show. If she hurts herself it's a big logistical issue to resolve, and she knows this which is why she tried to keep it quiet. The staff knows now about the hamstring so they're not letting her do anything until Saturday morning.

Daughter fell off a barstool had landed on her head. Huge bump, but is laughing playing and even wanted to go swimming. Wondering if I should take her to a nearby hospital...
9bca0040050c3bb4ec9f9e81859523a4.jpg

Daughter fell off a barstool had landed on her head. Huge bump, but is laughing playing and even wanted to go swimming. Wondering if I should take her to a nearby hospital...
9bca0040050c3bb4ec9f9e81859523a4.jpg

Just a hematoma. Ice, ice and more ice. Motrin for pain and she'll wake up with a nice shiner

Listen to this one^^^ she knows child injuries haha our boys are always falling off of things

Just a hematoma. Ice, ice and more ice. Motrin for pain and she'll wake up with a nice shiner

Listen to this one^^^ she knows child injuries haha our boys are always falling off of things

Getting her to let me hold ice pack longer then 30 secs is the difficult part.

5849b94efb62e8d48fbcac7e36dddf32.jpg

Fun day at the course with my 7 year old caddie. She was going strong fueled by her PB&J at the turn. After climbing the hill between 14 and 15...she was smoked. Ha. She really enjoyed being on the course, she pushed my cart, did cartwheels, hits some balls, hit some putts, showed off her new pierced ears, tended the pin better than half of the people I play with, she even did some ball hunting.

My daughter got her ears pierced tonight. I'm having a hard time with my little girl growing up. I'm not fighting it, but she's getting so big.
How old is she?

Getting her to let me hold ice pack longer then 30 secs is the difficult part.

Duct tape. :alien: That sounds about right though. My son holds an ice pack on a "boo-boo" for about 10 seconds then puts it up and is off doing his thing again.

Same here. My daughter had hers done last week as well. They do grow up way to fast.

Same here. My daughter had hers done last week as well. They do grow up way to fast.
yes sir, this is what my daughter wanted for her 7th birthday. How old is yours?

My 10 year old daughter and nanny were just playing a word guessing game called Headbanz and the clue from our nanny to her was "You do this every Sunday". My daughter replied, "Golf!".(the answer was church).

BTW, we've actually been to church 3 of the last 4 weeks that we've been in town. Regardless, I'm a proud papa!

Thank God for this little girl of mine being able to level me out with a single smile and hug.

fcdf1e9e1cf5cbb22257b119685bb682.jpg

Mine.

Back