Musical Guilty Pleasures

gmiller598

Par 3 Net Zero
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So I went to see Kiss over the weekend and I've never seen them before or been a super huge fan. It got me thinking about my favorite song from them is "I Was Made for Lovin' You". It's not exactly something that typically fits my musical tastes and could be considered slightly embarassing to admit to.

So to piggyback off of that, what band, artist or song is your musical guilty pleasure?

I don't know if it's a specific band, but I have a guilty pleasure of rocking out to some really bad pop music when I'm in the car alone.

I love listening to movie soundtrack stations, especially when doing projects around the house, mowing the lawn, etc.

Taylor Swift (pre last album).....said it. Don't care.

Occasionally, I'll flip through Sirius stations and land on Elvis Radio, only to start singing along with the King.

Commodores, Earth Wind and Fire, etc.

Buddy Holly, The Big Bopper, and Eddie Cochran every now and then.

With two daughters ages 7 & 9, I listen to a lot of pop hits. Mostly whatever is on radio Disney, but Taylor Swift and others like her are at the top of the list that I find myself singing along to.

guilty pleasure is probably n sync. no strings attached has so many good songs on it.

Disney/Nick songs with my 5 year old. I can sing Vamparina(he loves this show for some reason), puppy dog pals, Wallykazam, SpongeBob songs, and many others

Me First and the Gimme Gimmes. Been listening to them forever. Punk covers of a lot of popular songs spanning decades. Most people probably know them from their cover of Over the Rainbow during the opening to Taxi Cab Confessions.

Frank Sinatra.

Me First and the Gimme Gimmes. Been listening to them forever. Punk covers of a lot of popular songs spanning decades. Most people probably know them from their cover of Over the Rainbow during the opening to Taxi Cab Confessions.

i don't know anything about their music, but i freaking love their band name.

It's hard to tell what's "I enjoy this music as a guilty pleasure" and what's "pretending to enjoy this music to annoy my children so much that I'm now just enjoying the experience" at this point.

Fall Out Boy is definitely one of those where it's time to roll down the windows, crank up the system on the minivan, and make my daughter hide her head in shame.

i don't know anything about their music, but i freaking love their band name.

Its a couple guys from NOFX, Lagwagon and some other band IIRC.

Hilary Duff..and i'm not ashamed to admit it!

Last edited:
Late 90s and 2000s punk/emo.. didn't even listen to it in HS, more towards end of college and after.. can't help but scream to DBC- Vindicated for example

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I listen to smooth Jazz when I need to relax and hit reset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the car I'm 100% Country. While cutting the grass I go straight to 90's Hip Hop (Biggie, 2PAC, BTNH).

Guilty Pleasure is Pop. Any decade. From NSYNC, JT, Bruno Mars & Ed Sheeran now. I like some JT & Ed Sheeran!!!

I like all types of music tho. If you couldn't tell.

I love rock music, but a catchy pop tune with a snappy beat gets my attention from time to time: Bad Romance, Bye, Bye, Bye, etc. I dont feel guilty about it though LOL!

Shania. Love her voice.

Coldplay and I have no shame saying that!!!

Nickelback. And Musicals. But just the good ones.

I like what I like. I'm a musician so I'm highly opinionated and am WAY too quick to say if something sucks (modern country), but I do like a lot of things most people wouldn't expect me to. Does that make it a guilty pleasure? I dunno...

Back