Wildlife Seen on the Golf Course

I have seen snakes, deer, coyotes, ducks, geese galore and now we have wild pigs on my home course.
Wild pigs on a course is bad news. They tear up everything. I've played on a course of two that were seriously damaged from them.

Saw several roadrunners last week while playing in New Mexico at the NMSU course. There are 3 in this pic. 2 in the background.
20160315_154749_zpsbkj82wu2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Cooper's Hawk:

img015.2.jpg

img014.jpg

There's a nice home just behind the tee box on #12 at my home course. They have a bulldog. His favorite thing to do - this has happened half a dozen times during my rounds - is run up to the cart and start trying to chew the valve stems on the tires. He won't quit and it's dangerous to try to drive off as he wont get out of the way. Each time we have to go get the owner, who comes out all embarrassed and picks the dog up. It's a hoot but geez man get a fence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a whole flock, or whatever you cell them, of wild turkeys that live at our course they are gorgeous!

IMG_20160326_160842_488_zpsvwgqhxjd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Saw a few Canadian geese yesterday

One of our local courses has a fox den on it and I always see the fox out laying on the greens. He seems really comfortable around people because you have to make an effort to get him off the greens when putting. He has become the course mascot because they made ball markers with a fox on it.

This little guy was crossing the fairway on #8 yesterday:

9ce04a7c9d77ff713d1ce8866ec179cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a bear cub last night, tried to get some pics but the dam phone couldn't zoom in quick enough but look in the trees and you'll see his head poking out.

My drive is about 30' behind him, getting over the trees is one thing and this wasn't a planned hazard. Didn't see momma bear anywhere

Seen on my recent trip to Hawaii. Makalei Golf Course on the Big Island. There were hundreds of Peacocks on the course and this little Gecko.

850008ed6c1606fe6eaa153ee5cd0e2e.jpg

9cc0e9785b2892dcb0baa5d381dc8894.jpg

Deer and Turkeys are a daily sighting on our course. I saw another rattlesnake on the course 2 weeks ago, the 3rd sighting this year. I have a lot of respect for them after stepping on one 2 years ago on Father's Day. I wound up in the ICU for 2 days.

We have 2 baby cranes strutting around my home course. They are cute fluffy little buggers but man they are weird looking creatures.

a98ac58c22ceff3a74024b76672ac27f.jpg

Six4three5 and ran into this guy on the 18th tee box a few rounds ago, needless to say we gave him plenty of room

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

these guys usually stick to the water, but sometimes they come out for a good walk spoiled

k9d9Z4a.jpg

rabbits typically have free run of the land, same goes for geese and their poop (and you thought hitting out of a divot was bad)

PHONE%203126_zpsfzxnzays.jpg

PHONE%203513_zpsqwcpt2dt.jpg

crandon park a number of years w/lil sister (didn't take a pic with the gators)
B7ZPp24CEAIXo6B.jpg:large

We have 2 baby cranes strutting around my home course. They are cute fluffy little buggers but man they are weird looking creatures.
Cranes suck. They crap on the greens and ruin them. They aren't like goose crap.

Played Ditto yesterday evening and saw a coyote running along the tree line on #6. Looked again and saw three pups following her. Cool!

Is this a large Coyote?
Yes, it was huge! Some people on another site were arguing that it was a wolf. We don't have wolves on Massachusetts! That thing just walked around like it owned the course...and i let it!

5fd0c7e9ff69bb17fa1c3b3647bf5b19.jpg

Today at Holiday Valley Double Black Diamond Course

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Deer and Turkeys are a daily sighting on our course. I saw another rattlesnake on the course 2 weeks ago, the 3rd sighting this year. I have a lot of respect for them after stepping on one 2 years ago on Father's Day. I wound up in the ICU for 2 days.
I hate snakes! That quite the experience...and one I hope I never have.

Back