PuttOut Putting Mirror Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Great review Jman.

I like that this has the metal magnetic gates as well. I’ve stayed away from mirrors in the past due to the reliance on tees.

Like you I wish they offered gates of differing sizes.

I need to look into this - $74.99 is not cheap but the product seems well built

Yeah! I’ve been excited for this one to go up!

I’m here for any Q’s beyond the review you are curious about!

Great review Jman.

I like that this has the metal magnetic gates as well. I’ve stayed away from mirrors in the past due to the reliance on tees.

Not just well built, but I’ve got no problem saying also the most heavy duty and well designed mirror I’ve seen anywhere on the market. Truth.

Not just well built, but I’ve got no problem saying also the most heavy duty and well designed mirror I’ve seen anywhere on the market. Truth.

What’s the weight on it?

Probably buy this next fall for my winter putting practice

What’s the weight on it?

Probably buy this next fall for my winter putting practice

Didn’t put it on a scale. But having four other mirrors currently, it’s exponentially more durable.

Great review James! For some reason I thought the gates were either adjustable in width or there were other sizes, but I see that isn't the case. Still, the magnetic setup seems to be a game changer. $74.99 is a bit premium, but probably well worth it for the additional features and durability.

Curious, how strong were the magnets? Would bumping the mirror dislodge them? It sounded like the lock system at the front aided in their stability.

Great review James! For some reason I thought the gates were either adjustable in width or there were other sizes, but I see that isn't the case. Still, the magnetic setup seems to be a game changer. $74.99 is a bit premium, but probably well worth it for the additional features and durability.

Curious, how strong were the magnets? Would bumping the mirror dislodge them? It sounded like the lock system at the front aided in their stability.

They’ll move still if you smack them with the putter, but that’s expected with a chunk of metal hitting them haha.

Still, they work really damn well.

Great stuff, Jman.

Very well written review James! Putting this on my list to check out!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Very cool write up. I’m definitely considering getting one to replace my eyeline. I putt a lot indoors and am always frustrate I can’t use the tee gates so the magnets would be perfect. If/when they start selling extras is probably when I’ll pull the trigger.

(Btw, the link at the bottom of the review links correctly to their website but is missing a t and a "putout" mirror has a very different connotation:bashful:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Very nice review Jman. This thing has a lot of good going for it!

However, the 800 pound Gorilla is the price tag. I don't think I'll ever have enough disposable income to justify spending $75 for a plastic mirror.

Very nice review Jman. This thing has a lot of good going for it!

However, the 800 pound Gorilla is the price tag. I don't think I'll ever have enough disposable income to justify spending $75 for a plastic mirror.

Totally understandable.

I’m one who’s spent 20 on several mirrors that don’t last. My take is this one will last and is more indoor outdoor versatile, makes the tag much easier when you know you’re getting legitimate longevity.

Great writeup James. I have never used a mirror before and never really looked at them to see what detail is involved, just thought it was a mirror with lines. But showing the grooves on the bottom, added mental plate for magnets to be used, and even the ridges to hold the gates makes me realize there is more to it than just the mirror and they are also focused on quality and durability. Appreciate the review!

Great write up James. I even learned a few things from your article!
I’ve been using mine since I won it. I have to agree with everything you’ve put in there. I think it’s priced properly. One of my initial thoughts was how well built the unit. It feels solid but it’s not cumbersome. I’m a firm believer is that you get what you pay for. A lot of thought went into the design and use of this unit. The guides are great and quickly helped me develop a steady stroke.
I agree with you on the gate. Anything less than a perfect strike will hit the gate. While it forces you to develop a perfect roll, a couple of different sizes or an adjustable gate would be beneficial on future versions to develop confidence.
Combined with the Puttout mat and pressure trainer, the system works and makes putting at home actually fun.
Good work Jman.

Great review Jman.

I resisted at first due to price. I have the mat and pressure putt out but $75 for a mirror seemed outrageous to me. After seeing all the glowing reviews I gave in and picked one up. After getting it in hand and using for the last few weeks I would say it's more than worth the price tag. It's one thing to be able to putt in doors but having the mirror has really helped to point out and correct swing flaws I had and as such the putts are starting to drop more often.

This is on the list to buy asap since i have the other two items already. Great review Jman

Great write up, this is a must buy for me alkng with a putting matt

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Gonna have to read this when I have some time. It’s a real hard ponder for me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice review, I have the Matt and trainer and both are excellent. I love the flexibility of the mirror and gate but like you I wish the trainer was adjustable or more were available!

Boom! Thanks for reading all!

I’ve said it before and will again, PuttOut is 3 for 3 now in their product releases.

I cant wait to see what comes next!

I eventually need to pick one up

Bumping this as well because I started working with it again last night in combo with the PuttOut.

BEST MIRROR ON THE MARKET.

IMO, everyone who practices their putting should have a mirror of some sort.

Great review James. The basic mirror that I have is fine but really like the addition, simplicitiy and usefulness of the guides and gate that this one includes.

Back