Global Golf eBay? "very good condition

Tandy

Reaction score
Handicap
So anyone here ever bought a set of irons from Global Golf on eBay "very good condition" do I pull the trigger or not that is the question? Or is it a hit and miss on what you get?

So anyone here ever bought a set of irons from Global Golf on eBay "very good condition" do I pull the trigger or not that is the question? Or is it a hit and miss on what you get?

I buy from GG from time to time. They're a very reputable seller. It always bothers me that they don't show pic of the actual club, but if you look at their grading scale, it's pretty spot on.

I think they're a bit conservative as well. As in "VGC" might arrive in better condition than the scale allows for.

I bought a Driver off them for my son that was listed in VGC and it was new, still in plastic. I would trust them again.

Global is great. Just don’t buy their “value” condition, especially with wedges. Personally I don’t care about aesthetics that much, it’s all about performance. “Very good” should be just fine, performance will be 100% and while
They won’t be new, they’ll be newish. Probably look like a set lovingly cared for through 5 rounds and 5 range sessions.

Very Good is their middle of the road condition, it used to be more in line with CPO

They are excellent!

I bought a Driver off them for my son that was listed in VGC and it was new, still in plastic. I would trust them again.

I just bought some irons that were listed as VGC and they were still new in the plastic too. I was more than pleasantly surprised. I buy from them all the time - on Ebay and on their site. I think they're very fair at what they do.

I think a lot of sellers online are all similar. You run the risk with anyone really. You usually get what you pay for

Like others, I've bought driver, fairway, and hybrids from them, in my experience their "Very Good" has been pretty much MINT. Some were still in plastic, and others that were hard to tell they had ever been hit.

I bought my set of Mizuno JPX EZ Forged from Global Golf in December. They were advertised as in VGC, and I would say that was true. They've obviously been used, but also well taken care of. I have nothing about which to complain and would buy from Global Golf again.

Based on multiple Ebay purchases from Global Golf, their "Very Good" is a good representation. Very trustworthy.

I bought a wedge from them last week that was used but was listed as “excellent.” It arrived with all the plastic still on the head and grip.

Plus they have a great return policy. If you aren’t happy once you get it, just return it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I order from them a lot. Just got an order in from them yesterday. My experience is that the item is usually better than the advertised condition.

Sure looks like mostly positive experiences! Thanks for the responses

I’ve bought a bunch of value condition stuff from them. Everyrhing was more than playable. Like another said, I wouldn't recommend buying a wedge that way, but if you want to save big with them sign up for their e-mails and about every other month they have a 20% off deal.

I 17th that they are a good eBay seller.

I have always experienced positive transactions with Global. I would trust their rating system.

Hi everyone! Just wondering if anyone has recent experience with Global Golf and condition of used clubs, specifically “very good condition.”

Their stuff is usually in better condition than listed. I’ve made several purchases through them and use their U-Try option regularly to try out new clubs.

Just ordered a driver in VGC I have also purchased clubs from eBay just do your homework mainly. The clubs I purchased from eBay and other places were in better condition then the one I purchased at pga superstore.

Short answer. In my long-time experience, unless you are super picky about cosmetic wear or dings you've got about a 90% chance of getting a good deal with Very Good condition from Global. They do very occasionally have a fairly beat-up item sneak into that category but they are good about returns.

Long answer follows...

Value condition will be awful.

Mint are always virtually the same as new, often they are new in plastic.

Certified Preowned and Excellent will occasionally be new in plastic (not sure why) but generally nearly new condition. I did get one Certified Preowned club with a single, rather visible mark on the clubface one time. Not too bad but not the usual Certified Preowned condition.

Very Good is the code they assign to the vast majority of their clubs. It covers a wide range. Almost always there will be noticeable wear or at least one minor ding. I have on one occasion (out of maybe 8 to 10 Very Good purchases over the years) had a clearly beat-up club that I sent back and got a replacement. It was probably borderline between Value and Very Good but I considered it unacceptable because it had chips along the top edge of the face of an M4 driver.

This is very helpful! I saw that Global is running a 20% off sale on fairways & hybrids as well as free shipping. Great deals!

Back