Favorite BBQ Spot

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
JB and I try and get BBQ when we travel to BBQ areas. Many years ago on a trip to Hilton Head we stopped at a place called Jim ‘N Nicks. We didn’t realize it was a chain but the food was still pretty solid. Well, since we are back in the area we decided to give it a try again.

So my question is, what’s your favorite BBQ joint, but more specifically your favorite local spot?

b061238e53b2eba0d7bae21aa9eb5c66.jpg

Super locally, we have a BBQ food truck that pops up behind one of the shops in town during the summer that's really good.

But the best BBQ in the general area, at least for me, is Sweet Cheeks in Boston.

Place called Tender Smokehouse, just up the road in Celina, TX. Place got listed way up on a Yelp list, got major TV attention here, and boom, 90 min waits to get in now.

When I was living in Pensacola there was a joint called Brothers' BBQ that was just amazing. Really good meat, molasses-based sauces that were a great complement.

I haven't found a place that can hang with Brothers' here in Augusta, but there's a good Carolina-style joint a couple miles outside Fort Gordon called Dennis' BBQ that I'm a fan of.

JB and I try and get BBQ when we travel to BBQ areas. Many years ago on a trip to Hilton Head we stopped at a place called Jim ‘N Nicks. We didn’t realize it was a chain but the food was still pretty solid. Well, since we are back in the area we decided to give it a try again.

So my question is, what’s your favorite BBQ joint, but more specifically your favorite local spot?

b061238e53b2eba0d7bae21aa9eb5c66.jpg

I am in Birmingham currently and the Jim and Nick's I went to last night...It really wasn't that good in my opinion, they did give a ton of food though. Brisket was okay but sausage was straight from the Publix off the shelf it seemed. Chain BBQ is what it is I guess.

If you go to Dallas (specifically McKinney area) Hutchin's is some of the best around. Farther north in Celina is Tender Smokehouse which is new, but super good. Outside San Antonio in Luling is the City Market, best BBQ I have had on a consistency level across all meats. Austin has Franklins which is good but can't stand the wait, Stiles Switch and La BBQ are very good also.

Three spots in Lockhart, TX are all great and battle for attention as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My favorite so far is Pecan Lodge in Dallas, but I've only had it a couple of times. I need to get out and try some of the famous one's here in the Austin area.

We dont have many great options near me, but there is this (no name) amish market that only opens up 3 days a week and has amazing bbq.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hard 8 in the Dallas/Ft Worth metroplex is real good. My son likes this place a lot so we seem to go here for BBQ almost every time. Rudy’s is a chain and is pretty good as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Place called Tender Smokehouse, just up the road in Celina, TX. Place got listed way up on a Yelp list, got major TV attention here, and boom, 90 min waits to get in now.
Yup, nice to get pub but then the waits occur....

Here in town it's Casey's BBQ and buffet. Best BBQ ever is Scott's BBQ in Hemmingway, SC!

Yup, nice to get pub but then the waits occur....

My daughter's boyfriend will start working there as soon as his HS golf season is over, so we're hoping to get the hookup to avoid some lines. :) :)

When I was living in Pensacola there was a joint called Brothers' BBQ that was just amazing. Really good meat, molasses-based sauces that were a great complement.

I haven't found a place that can hang with Brothers' here in Augusta, but there's a good Carolina-style joint a couple miles outside Fort Gordon called Dennis' BBQ that I'm a fan of.

+1
g.png

Here in the Queen City of Charlotte I like Midwood Smoke House and Mac's Speed Shop.

In belmar (and new Brunswick NJ) are places called Jersey shore bbq.. there's a spot or two a little south but haven't made the trek down

Love me some good BBQ tho!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My all time favorite BBQ spot is The Commissary in Germantown, TN. It's not local, so I am breaking my own rules haha.

tenor.gif

Favorite place near me is Local Smoke BBQ, best BBQ I’ve had in general was Austin (Franklin Barbecue and La Barbecue)

While Chicago suburbs doesn't scream BBQ, there is one place me and the wife like to have if i'm not cooking any, The Patio, actually pretty good for a little chain around these parts.

I've been spending a lot of time in St Louis. Sugarfire is my favorite there, particularly the brisket.

My local favorite used to be Parker's BBQ but now I'm loving Marty's BBQ they are new place in Wilson

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I heard about that place and I need to get up there soon

For me it’s 407 BBQ in Argyle.

My favorite chain is Mission BBQ. In Louisville my favorite is Jucy's Smokehouse for brisket and Mama's Pickles & BBQ for everything else.

Sauceman's bbq and Midwood Smokehouse here in Charlotte.

While Chicago suburbs doesn't scream BBQ, there is one place me and the wife like to have if i'm not cooking any, The Patio, actually pretty good for a little chain around these parts.

... But they do! Growing up in NC with real pulled pork at the legendary Stamy's, there is a place in Naperville called Q's. Guy came from NC and does it right. And City BBQ opened in Downer Grove and if I didn't know better, I would swear I was in NC.

My wife and I sat outside in the cold rain for 5 hours to eat at Franklin BBQ this past December. It would have been worth it to sit out there for 50 hours with as good as that bbq was. Haven’t had Bbq since. Franklin ruined me.

Back