Favorite Hotel Chain

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
I have too much time on my hands as the passenger on the road and I was looking at all the hotel options as the mile markers went by.

We used to be Hyatt people but switched to Hilton because there were more options for the main places we traveled.

So what sayy you, what’s your preferred hotel chain?

I used to be a Marriott person, but have also switched to Hilton recently after staying in them a few times and getting some points. Plus the Hilton is the easiest to get to the office down in VA when I have to go down there.

Hilton for me. Im a big fan of the Home 2 Suites and they are perfect for work travel. Love racking up the Hilton Honors points with work trips

Been with Hilton for too many years. It's always the first place I check... My status dropped in the last couple of years though so not quite as happy as I used to be.

Aloft has always been a nice, clean place to stay for my family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

at the prices I'm willing to pay, all the chains are the same for me

On my own or with the wife, Mariott wins. They're pretty generous with points, and I like the amenities.

With the family where we have to stay in a hotel, Home2Suites by Hilton gets the nod. Decent price, good amenities, animal friendly. La Quinta is usually way up there as well.

If the family doesn't have to stay in a hotel, we do AirBnb.

Comfort Suites

Team Hilton. With the AMEX bonus point tie-ins, we rack up points pretty easily.

Marriott all the way. With the SPG merger the hotel options doubled and the points are better than Hilton.

When you redeem nights the 5th night of a 5 night stay is free which is like a 20% bonus.

The clincher is they have the Ritz Carlton which is my preferred way to spend the points I earn traveling for work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to love Marriott, but my experience in Atlanta soured me on them. Personally, I prefer Crowne Plaza in big cities, HI Express everywhere else.

I used to love Marriott, but my experience in Atlanta soured me on them. Personally, I prefer Crowne Plaza in big cities, HI Express everywhere else.

HI Express for me. They're mostly new and the free hot breakfast is fast and easy. I use hotels.com when I can't find a HIE and those nights add up fast too. I love being able to use free nights from work when I play in golf tournaments.

Primary is Hilton, Marriott is secondary.

Marriott is where I typically stay for work. Hard to shift away once you have points, like the accessibility as they are everywhere in some form.

Hampton Inn, every time. You get the exact same experience at each one, and it is a good experience.

Hilton for this world traveler.

Wife's company uses Hilton. I switched over from Marriott since we can merge our points. I like the variety of brands and pricepoints both Hilton and Marriott have. Still Hitlon wins out.

Marriott

I am a Hilton person for the most part. Lost of variety and price ranges.

I'm a loyal Hilton member =)

I don’t have a favorite, give me a clean room and I’m ok.

I do have a least favorite, Microtel. I got a room at one for a baseball tournament back in 2017. The elevator broke down with us in it. You don’t ever want to be stuck in a broken down elevator mid-summer. Other than that I didn’t have any complaints and they tried to make it right. Free stay and next stay free too. 140* and muggy for an hour just wasn’t much pleasant for me. I’d have rather just paid for the room with no problems. Particularly when I have a claustrophobic kid, that had a 100% meltdown in there. No doubt adding to the heat and humidity. Micro-hell doesn’t even begin to describe that hour.

Marriott has a huge chain of hotels since they bought Starwood(westin, Sheraton, le meridian, and others), but I still prefer Hilton...If you are ever in a less populated area Hampton Inn is always refreshing to see.

Hilton if you do a lot of business travel as my wife and I did for decades, but as we’ve gotten older our favorite hotel chain for vacations is Fairmont. We are staying at their Grand Del Mar in April while we visit our daughter in San Diego and we always feel so lucky to be at the hotel when we are there. They know how to pamper their guests.

Traveling as much as I do, it’s Marriott as much as I can and Hilton when the options aren’t as good for Marriott. Between my points, their conditions, accommodations, quality, consistency and pretty competitive pricing.....hard to beat. Plus since they acquired Starwood and merged both loyalty programs there’s almost too many options lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back