Celebrities With Interesting Lives

DataDude

I Hate LIV
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Who are some celebrity, famous, or rich folks who you find interesting? I love reading Wikipedia pages about different people from musicians, to businessmen, to TV personalities, etc. A lot of them have really interesting stories and the most interesting have really embraced their life. I try to do the same on my much smaller scale.

I have several I could share and I will if others don't bring them up but I will start with someone I was reading about this week to kick things off.

The Undertaker (Mark Calaway)

If you dont know who I am talking about then you have managed to totally block out the WWE for the last 25 years. He has never been the biggest star in wrestling, but he has always been close. He has taken the persona of an Undertaker or the deadman and made it his own. He is always near the top of the card and he has been ringing in $1.5-$3 million a year for a long time.

In his personal life he has been married 3 times and has 4 children.

What makes him interesting? I guess it's that he has kept himself at the pique of physical conditioning well into his 50's for this job. He built a character that has resonated with fans for 25 years and he has played nice enough with management to stay employed for that long as well. He kind of embodies what I see at every workplace I have ever worked in, sure there are a few stars, but the people who make the company are not the most talented, but the ones who are willing to work, are reliable and trustworthy, and who know their role. These traits make for a long happy career imo.

Who is someone among the well known you have enjoyed learning about?

I like celebrities who are advocates for my lines of work, so Bradley Cooper being sober and I think having dealt with mental health issues too, his movies Silver Linings Playbook and now Star is Born, he brings his experiences to the screen and then also advocates for people to get help.

Celebs who do charities, who show they're real people too, etc.

Plus celebs who golf of course.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My buddy is Nathan Fillion from the Rookie, Castle, etc...
It’s interesting to hear his stories from that line of work. The guy sneezes and gets 20000 likes on Instagram.
He’s the only one I really follow and that’s more trying to stay in contact with him like all my old high school buddies. Not really into following the celeb thing although I’m always amazed at how much these people move the needle and their opinions are treated as professional advice.

Who are some celebrity, famous, or rich folks who you find interesting? I love reading Wikipedia pages about different people from musicians, to businessmen, to TV personalities, etc. A lot of them have really interesting stories and the most interesting have really embraced their life. I try to do the same on my much smaller scale.

I have several I could share and I will if others don't bring them up but I will start with someone I was reading about this week to kick things off.

The Undertaker (Mark Calaway)

If you dont know who I am talking about then you have managed to totally block out the WWE for the last 25 years. He has never been the biggest star in wrestling, but he has always been close. He has taken the persona of an Undertaker or the deadman and made it his own. He is always near the top of the card and he has been ringing in $1.5-$3 million a year for a long time.

In his personal life he has been married 3 times and has 4 children.

What makes him interesting? I guess it's that he has kept himself at the pique of physical conditioning well into his 50's for this job. He built a character that has resonated with fans for 25 years and he has played nice enough with management to stay employed for that long as well. He kind of embodies what I see at every workplace I have ever worked in, sure there are a few stars, but the people who make the company are not the most talented, but the ones who are willing to work, are reliable and trustworthy, and who know their role. These traits make for a long happy career imo.

Who is someone among the well known you have enjoyed learning about?
Mick Foley would be another Wrestler that has an insane life story.

Bernard Hopkins, the executioner. Always found his story fascinating as he came up in a rough Philly neighborhood and ended up getting jailed at 17 for 18 years on various felony charges. He saw a guy get murdered over a pack of cigarettes in prison and swore off the lifestyle of crime, booze and drugs. Lost his first fight (usually a career ender right there) and had to come back 16 months later to earn a win, eventually becoming one of the most decorated boxers in history.

Some of his stories about being in prison are insane, some funny, but all interesting. I remember him talking once about creating a home made microwave out of a bulb and some other things in the prison so that he could make grilled cheese sandwiches. Always struck me as crazy knowing what his future would hold.

Just wish he retired 2 fights sooner and with more humility.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The two most interesting stories I've heard is Ronnie Coleman the bodybuilder and Tommy Caldwell the climber.

If you want to see some of the most crazy persistence possibly in the history of mankind watch The Dawn Wall on Netflix. Tommy Caldwell has to be the most persistent and dedicated person ever. There are climbs in Yosemite that take years to accomplish and he would down two or three of them a week. He spent like 7 years studying and living on a 3,000 foot wall to be the first one ever to climb that route. It seems silly to me to devote that much energy to climbing a rock but that makes the persistence even more amazing in my book.

Ronnie Coleman's story is also great. That guy just had an incredible amount of drive.

I play a lot of golf with an NFL Hall of Famer and although those guys are great they don't spend nearly the time at their craft as people think. He was a running back and during the season he would generally "work" about 30 hours a week including walkthroughs, film, and workouts so when I see someone who dedicates almost every waking hour to their craft for decades I always stop and look.

Back