THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

Right back at you my man. Even if we are playing against each other we might have to ride together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just remember playing with you, and you flying down the first FW to meet us on the green.

Hmm, bit of strategy to be discussed here. Quick question; with both formats, you select the best drive on each hole. Are there restrictions on how many of each players' drives must be used?

We didn't have to do that at Kentwool. Can't think of a THP event I've been in where we had to.

Not saying it won't be a requirement though.

We didn't have to do that at Kentwool. Can't think of a THP event I've been in where we had to.

Not saying it won't be a requirement though.

Me either, but I've seen it done at my home course and it can factor into the pairing strategy.

Me either, but I've seen it done at my home course and it can factor into the pairing strategy.

At Stonewall last year the back 9 format was best ball but you had to use two scores from each player. That was a challenge since you didn't know how the future holes would turn out haha.

At Stonewall last year the back 9 format was best ball but you had to use two scores from each player. That was a challenge since you didn't know how the future holes would turn out haha.

That would make it interesting. Hopefully you started off hot and didn't have to worry about it.

Clarification question - is the back 9 for the first set of matches Pinehurst, and not Alt Shot?

That would make it interesting. Hopefully you started off hot and didn't have to worry about it.

I believe I went Par Bird then amsmith went par bird so we were all set after the first 4 holes haha

Big fan of THP event formats, challenging but maxes out the fun!

Clarification question - is the back 9 for the first set of matches Pinehurst, and not Alt Shot?

First page says shamble alt shot best ball for our 27 hole formats

I believe I went Par Bird then amsmith went par bird so we were all set after the first 4 holes haha

Big fan of THP event formats, challenging but maxes out the fun!

the group I was playing with had 1 guy on fire, and the other playing OK. Needless to say, they needed the OK guy to play well the last 2 holes, and it didn't work out for them as a team. I think they took the max score on both of those holes unfortunately.

Shamble and then Modified Pinehurst.

I love those formats

such a fun format.

Agree. I love alt shot but I think pinehurst is more fun.

Changes some of my thoughts on pairings too.

Man the sponsor for this event makes very very very nice toys.

I went to the putting green after work with a different putter than I had been using and it was night and day compared to the one I had in the bag recently. It's so much easier when you don't have to think about hitting the ball on the face. I guess it's going to be mid-mallet/mallet for me from now on.
Lots of team pairing talk going on which is awesome too and I really want that hat! :blob:

Screen_Shot_2016_03_10_at_8_07_00_PM.png

With the talk of formats and the weather getting nice the excitement level about this event keeps going up and up for me. Will be getting out this weekend to the range to keep the swing feeling good.

That guy looks tall and skinny and wears shorts..where did you get my picture?

Wait, he gets his club to finish all the way around..never mind, that's not me.

I just remember playing with you, and you flying down the first FW to meet us on the green.

Ha! Loved that round my dude!

Man the sponsor for this event makes very very very nice toys.

Seriously. Stunning

Back