Beauty over results?

Results all day long. Poorly struck shots that turn out good effect me less than well struck shots that end up terrible.

I'll take results all day, every day.

I am more interested in the process than the result. If I'm striking the ball well then that brings satisfaction. If I hit a perfect putt or iron shot and it hits a flaw on the course, I still take pleasure in a well executed shot. Rub of the green means not everything is in our control. If I know I doing everything right and the scores don't reflect it, that's fine. Golf is not a game of perfect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Give me the ugly shot that ends up nice. I'm always working towards the beautiful shot, but the endgame is always results so if the course decides to throw me a bone, I'm taking it.

There is nothing worse than puring a shot that comes up 5 feet short and ends up in the drink. Then you are pissed at yourself for being such an idiot and not taking enough club.

I would rather skull it over the water, breath a sigh of relief and smile, knowing the golf gods saved me. Now I can enjoy my day again.

And then there was a shot out of a gully I hit yesterday. Grabbed my "4I" as I was about 185 yards out. When I hit the ball I told my playing partner I can't hit it any better than that. Got out of the gully and noted I was 25-30 or so yards short of the green. As I started to put my club back in the bag I noticed it had a "7" on it. Maybe I should ask Callaway if they have the option to go with Braille marked clubs?

Ha I did this before. Airmailed the green by 30 yards and looked down to see a "6", not the intended "9" :bulgy-eyes:

While I wouldn't want to hit all "crummy" shots, when I do its nice when they find the green. How many times I've heard an expletive after a shot, only to see it roll onto the green. Such shots don't deserve a "nice shot" comment, but we always tell the golfer it was a "good miss."

If I don't like my swing or the feedback I get, I'm usually not all that happy with the shot even if it results in a great birdie opportunity.

I play golf to execute, and while I enjoy a bit of luck here and there, it's not what i look for.

This 100%. Though when I get some good luck I'm not going to complain about it.

I have a horrible swing with decent tempo and I'll take a well struck shot that comes up short any day. Score is a large part of my game but execution is what I work on the most and what I appreciate the most.

Scorecard doesnt have eyes.

I dont care how the ball gets there, let me get good scores.

I agree. Give me the good score with any swing.

It mostly evens out so I'm not going to complain too much about a good result when my swing gets hinky. There are too many times that a crappy swing ends up with a crappy result.

Thin for spin!

I appreciate when the golf gods are on my side.

I'll take the thing of beauty every time. Because that means my swing is on!!
Getting lucky with a skulled shot takes the sting out of my hands pretty quick, but I'm aggravated that I gave a poor swing.

Beauty gives me chance of repeating the results. The ugly is good and while I'll gladly take the luck it is kind of embarassing!

Im with War, I have shot low rounds with some poor shots. The goal isn't not to look pretty but get the ball in the hole.

Ha I did this before. Airmailed the green by 30 yards and looked down to see a "6", not the intended "9" :bulgy-eyes:

Yeah, but mistaking a "6" for a "9" actually makes some sense. In my defense my bag has individual dividers and the way I have it set up the "7" is just below and to the right of the "4" and when I grabbed the "7" the head of the club was covering the "4."

I did once do the same as you when I had different wedges than I have now. Grabbed my 50* wedge and thought it was my 60* when needing a full swing to get the 60 there. And damn did I hit that shot flush.

I will gladly take "a good miss", but to mix in too many and to constantly rely on luck is no bueno to me.

I'd rather be good than lucky but when you have as little natural talent as I do you start to take whatever you can get. I once bladed a chip shot straight into the pin 12 feet away and holed it for birdie lol.

I want to say that there are wonderful responses on here. Thank you all for that!

A good miss every now and again is ok, but I'll probably still complain about it. With where I'm at in building my swing I'm looking for a good strike I'll work on why I missed the target at the range.

It might not always be pretty, but I will take any shot that gets me close. I just figure it is the breaks of the game, sometimes you get a good result, other times not so much. I would be happy to shoot and ugly par anytime. :clapp:

I don't mind a bit of luck but I know that I can't count on that for a reliable good score. So. I'll take it but then get started on trying to fix the problem.

at this point in my game (31 handicap), my scores suck anyways so Im always happy when I hit those beautiful long balls down the fairway.

My lowest rounds are not normally my best ball-striking rounds but the rounds where I get everything up and down and putt well.

If I was smart I would not hit another full swing ball on the range the rest of the year but spend all my practice time inside 30 yards! Unfortunately I'm not that smart.

Back