Sun Mountain C130 Cart Bag Review

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Just ordered one up and can't wait to take it to the course for the year, I went with the USA color.
https://shop.sunmountain.com/c-130-bag-detail
190301_C130_Navy_White_Red_450x350.jpg

Sun Mountain’s best-selling cart bag, the C-130 was created to work optimally on a cart. All of the features are designed with cart use in mind, starting with the reverse orientation top with three utility handles, the Smart Strap System and a convenient, velour-lined rangefinder pocket. In addition, all pockets are forward-facing and accessible when the bag is on a cart.
  • Fourteen individual club dividers run the full-length of the bag to protect clubs and prevent the migration of club shafts.
  • Among the ten pockets are two full-length apparel pockets; a ventilated, cooler pocket; and two velour-lined pockets, one of which is water-resistant.
  • The Smart Strap System attaches the bag to a riding cart with two Velcro® straps which stop the bag from twisting on the cart and prevent the riding cart’s straps from interfering with pocket usage.
  • Includes a matching rainhood.

[reserved for initial in hand pics and thoughts]

I think you'll love it. I was going to go with the USA bag but ended up going with the navy/black bag. It holds a TON of stuff.

I have it as well. It is huge. Too big in my opinion to travel with but a great bag for your local course.

You bringing it to Vegas? Can't decide if I'm going to bring it or pick up a cheapish stand bag.

Stand bag. Too bulky to bring out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You bringing it to Vegas? Can't decide if I'm going to bring it or pick up a cheapish stand bag.

I’ve travelled with mine multiple times. I don’t find it that bad at all personally.

I had one issue with mine and Sun Mountain fixed it. A couple of the dividers started to have string come out every time a club came out. They replaced the top and dividers and haven't had any issues since. Plenty of storage.

That is a great looking bag you picked.

Stand bag. Too bulky to bring out there

Noted. I may be forced to bring mine if I can't decide on a stand bag in the next few weeks.

I’ve travelled with mine multiple times. I don’t find it that bad at all personally.

Good to hear. I did a test fit in my new travel bag and all was good. It's definitely a bulky bag, but it's all I got right now so it may have to make the trip.

It's a great bag don't get me wrong. I use it quite a bit. My issue with it is that if you have two of these(or similar size) on a cart it is so tight it is hard to get into the pockets. It's by far the biggest/fattest bag I have ever owned. I also think it's rather heavy once loaded with clubs.

Go ahead a bring it. I am bringing my stand bag so if we are paired up they will both fit on the cart.

It is definitely a large and fat bag, almost absurdly so, and I have lots of unused room but I'm sure it could come in handy.

I bought it for the full length dividers, cooler pocket, and the size.. I don't carry, I either ride or use push cart and it was fine on my sun mountain reflex.

Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I got the bag in, unfortunately it was the 5/6 way top and not the 14, I can speak a bit to the overall bag while I wait for the 14 way version to arrive.

The bag itself without anything in it, is quite light and the pockets are actually thinner/smaller than I expected, I'll speak to what it holds once I start stuffing it with things!

But I do say the smaller top isn't for me, there would just be too much movement with all the clubs and I like the organization that comes from at least a 14/15 way top, if not full length dividers.

More soon!

I have had my 14 way for a year now and still love it. Its a burly beast but I have it full and I do not have trouble fitting it on a cart.

Got an email from TGW.com that you could get a prior generation C-130 bag for $155 with coupon code: MAJOR.

https://www.tgw.com/golf-bags/golf-...+NOW&utm_campaign=Your+Exclusive+Sale+Is+Here!

I use the USA themed SYNC bag, which is a shade slimmer and less bulky than the C-130. A great bag. But, the C-130 at this price is a great deal for anyone looking to go that route.

Smoking good deal! The black/red combo is the same bag I have now. I even use it when I walk with the push cart. I doubt I'll ever switch from Sun mountain. It's exceeded my expectations...

KabvBKy.jpg

Last edited:
Smoking good deal! The black/red combo is the same bag I have now. I even use it when I walk with the push cart. I doubt I'll ever switch from Sun mountain. It's exceeded my expectations...

KabvBKy.jpg

Which push cart you got there??

Which push cart you got there??

It’s a 15 year old Sun Mountain Speed Cart. It’s not that I can’t afford a new push cart, it’s more like I haven’t found anything I like better. Only minor inconvenience is I have to put air into the tires approximately once or twice a year...

Last edited:
It’s a 15 year old Sun Mountain Speed Cart. It’s not that I can’t afford a new push cart, it’s more like a haven’t found anything I like better. Only minor inconvenience is I have to put air into the tires approximately once or twice a year...
Those are the best tires! I'd trade the inconvenience of airing then up to have the smoothness!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It’s a 15 year old Sun Mountain Speed Cart. It’s not that I can’t afford a new push cart, it’s more like I haven’t found anything I like better. Only minor inconvenience is I have to put air into the tires approximately once or twice a year...

I was thinking it was a speed cart but the tires made me think otherwise.

Thanks

Love mine. It is on the large side but great quality and has held up well for the year or so I've had it. Nowhere even near filled up the pockets.

I have a ten year old C130. It’s a great bag. Heavy as hell when loaded and a squeeze on a riding cart with another bag. Wanted the newer model, but it still looked fat as others have noted. Still wanted the Sun Mountain quality so went with the Teton. Very satisfied. Although I do miss the separate putter tube. That was so convenient on a riding cart, and didn’t need a putter head over to protect it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure if the 14 slots are for me. Don't know where I would put my alignment sticks, Orange Whip, and ball retriever to go along with my clubs. I also don't see a good way to hold an umbrella with this bag. As much as I like the look of this bag I'll probably go for a bag with 6 slots.

Not sure if the 14 slots are for me. Don't know where I would put my alignment sticks, Orange Whip, and ball retriever to go along with my clubs. I also don't see a good way to hold an umbrella with this bag. As much as I like the look of this bag I'll probably go for a bag with 6 slots.
I love my C130! It has an umbrella pocket and I also keep my lacrosse stick in the bag with all 14 clubs.

Back