Why are all putter grips so ugly?

trichterj

Reaction score
Handicap
I know this should not be a major priority but..... they are all so terrible in colour and graphics. I have been looking for a new grip to replace the stock grip on my red spider tour and liked the feel of the snsr and the super stroke but just wouldn't be able to look at one on such a good looking putter. The flat cats are even worse. I have gone with the Winn dry-tech jumbo pistol LTE, black/gray.

Has anyone used or is using one?

Am I being ridiculous?

Or does anyone else feel the same?

Other suggestion? I am looking for mainly black/dark colors and pistol shape.

I prefer subdued grips so I don't think you are ridiculous. I still use old school solid color (black or red) Lamkin standard size pistol grips.

I know this should not be a major priority but..... they are all so terrible in colour and graphics. I have been looking for a new grip to replace the stock grip on my red spider tour and liked the feel of the snsr and the super stroke but just wouldn't be able to look at one on such a good looking putter. The flat cats are even worse. I have gone with the Winn dry-tech jumbo pistol LTE, black/gray.

Has anyone used or is using one?

Am I being ridiculous?

Or does anyone else feel the same?

Other suggestion? I am looking for mainly black/dark colors and pistol shape.

I would probably game the tour snsr but is a hard pass based on the looks.

Superstroke does it because their grips are very distinctive. Lamkin has grips that span the gamut. Garsen grips are very classic in appearance despite their very off-beat style.

If you're looking for a big grip that also looks very low key, you might be out of luck. Otherwise, I think you'll be fine.

Here is the new grip installed, I think it looks sharp.

20190324_101632_zpsqjb15ltq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Gawdy serves as a billboard on tour.

One glance and you know what a pro is playing = time to re-grip.

I actually like the look of the superstrokes, but the other grips I like, that give a more classic look I use Iomic’s.

I dislike the tacky colors as well. I want to try a SNSR, but refuse until they offer other color options.

SuperStroke white is garbage as well. It looks yellow in a short amount of time. I do really like my all black PXG SuperStroke grip, but it’s a one-off/made for grip.

I like the color of your Winn grip, but haven’t been a fan of their materials and quality.

That's it I guess. Very easy to spot on camera. It's funny how the grips need to be high vis. But shafts not so much ( tongue firmly planted in cheek). Thank good shaft manufactures have gone away from the idea of making shafts stand out. We all know what shaft and grips they are playing, just make them look good and play good and they will sell.

That's it I guess. Very easy to spot on camera. It's funny how the grips need to be high vis. But shafts not so much ( tongue firmly planted in cheek). Thank god shaft manufactures have gone away from the idea of making shafts stand out. We all know what shaft and grips they are playing, just make them look good and play good and they will sell.

I use a superstroke mid 2.0, it doesn't bother me as I don't look at the grip when putting, just the ball and putter line.

Why are all putter grips so ugly?

I don't like the busy grips either. I don't mind color, I have red Pure DTX grips on my irons, and they're pretty darn red, but they're solid and don't bother me a bit. White Royal V-Sand grips on my wedges, like them too.

But although I played Superstroke grips on my putter for a long while because they worked for me, I never liked their look. Not at all. Flat Cat even worse, as being a product of the 80s, I pretty much cannot stand neon green or any neon color. Or parachute pants.

I’m kind of the other way on this. I care WAY more how the putter grip feels in my hand; and if it’s got a loud or gawdy color scheme, even better. Putter are so personal, so I would expect a multitude of opinions on this.

They being said, my current gamer is a boring Lamkin Pistol; however, it is bright white. Ha.

Back