Worst day of my life.

AshMan

Passionate Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
At 12:59am March 24th, my life was forever changed. That phone call was the worst news anyone can get. My little brother killed himself. He was 37 years old. I know he was having a hard time with his life and his choices, but I never thought his final choice would be to end his life. No matter how bad he felt his life was, he had us if he ever needed us. Why didnt he ask for help. I cant imagine what happened to make him take his own life.

I look back at my last conversation with him a few days ago and I lectured him about him needing to make some changes in his life. That was the last thing I did. Lecture him and right now I dont know how to feel about it. I am sad, and on the brink of tears, I am upset with myself because maybe I wasnt a good enough brother to him, but I am also angry at him for taking his own life. I wonder if there was anything I could have done to prevent this.

I wonder if the signs were there and we just didnt see it. He had recently come out and told us he was gay. Even though we all knew it for years, he had finally told us and we accepted him as he was. He was family and no matter who or how he was we accepted him for being him. He had finally seemed to be a Different person after this. But different in a good way. He was so happy. All his physical pains he had been suffering with for years seemed to be gone. But at the end of it all, what it seemed to be on the surface was not how it was for him inside. Inside he was a wreck. I know he had suffered from severe depression. During his coming out and having the first real boyfriend we knew about. He had also gotten into meth. His boyfriend was an addict and now my brother had become one as a result. This was the beginning of a long series of events that led to him taking his life.

I know I have to be strong for my children. I know life will go on and time will heal the wounds I have right now. But it has made me now worry about my children. How wil they handle this? How do I tell them about this or do I not tell them at all?

I miss my brother. I will miss him for the rest of my life. I hope he is now finally at peace.

Rest in Peace little bro. 10/06/1981 - 03/24/2019

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
46517d201bee96adab38f18b39652dc2.jpg

Last edited:
So very sorry for your loss.

Unimaginable. Sending prayers to you and your family.

That is heartbreaking! Condolences to you and your family!

1-800-273-8255 USA
1-833-456-4566 Canada
116-123 UK

So sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family!!!

Oh man that is so awful. Condolences to your family.

I am so sorry. My heart is breaking for you and your family!

That is heartbreaking, I am so sorry for your loss.

SO sorry for your loss, but you cannot carry that kind of blame. somewhere, sometime you will find a way to let it go and you need to. You say you lectured him and sometimes we have to be the big brother, but ultimately it was his decision. Yes you are here to pick ups the pieces, but you once again, are the big brother and you will pick up the pieces. but carry that kind of blame, no, you have enough to deal with. I pray you find the peace...

I’m so sorry to hear it Ashman. There are no words at a time like this, I hope the pain heals soon for you.

I'm really sorry to hear this. I know you will make the right call regarding your kids. No matter what it is, it won't be easy.

Hang in there.

At 12:59am March 24th, my life was forever changed. That phone call was the worst news anyone can get. My little brother killed himself. He was 37 years old. I know he was having a hard time with his life and his choices, but I never thought his final choice would be to end his life. No matter how bad he felt his life was, he had us if he ever needed us. Why didnt he ask for help. I cant imagine what happened to make him take his own life.

I look back at my last conversation with him a few days ago and I lectured him about him needing to make some changes in his life. That was the last thing I did. Lecture him and right now I dont know how to feel about it. I am sad, and on the brink of tears, I am upset with myself because maybe I wasnt a good enough brother to him, but I am also angry at him for taking his own life. I wonder if there was anything I could have done to prevent this.

I wonder if the signs were there and we just didnt see it. He had recently come out and told us he was gay. Even though we all knew it for years, he had finally told us and we accepted him as he was. He was family and no matter who or how he was we accepted him for being him. He had finally seemed to be a Different person after this. But different in a good way. He was so happy. All his physical pains he had been suffering with for years seemed to be gone. But at the end of it all, what it seemed to be on the surface was not how it was for him inside. Inside he was a wreck. I know he had suffered from severe depression. During his coming out and having the first real boyfriend we knew about. He had also gotten into meth. His boyfriend was an addict and now my brother had become one as a result. This was the beginning of a long series of events that led to him taking his life.

I know I have to be strong for my children. I know life will go on and time will heal the wounds I have right now. But it has made me now worry about my children. How wil they handle this? How do I tell them about this or do I not tell them at all?

I miss my brother. I will miss him for the rest of my life. I hope he is now finally at peace.

Rest in Piece little bro. 10/06/1981 - 03/24/2019

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Sorry for your loss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So so very sorry for your loss!

Very sorry for your loss. I hope that you can find peace in all of it. Prayers for you and your family.

Very sorry to hear this. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Phew. Man. I’m so so so sorry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So sorry for your loss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry for your loss. May he be at peace.

I am really, really sorry to hear about your brother. God speed to you both.

Very sorry for your loss.

My sincere condolences to you and your family. My nephew took his own life four years ago at age 20, so I understand what you must be going through.

I can't imagine what you are going through. As others have said, you should not carry a burden of guilt. Your broither was ultimately responsible for his actions. Yes, you probably could have done better. We all can do better. It's called being human. For all we know, your last call may actually have had a positive effect and postponed what he ultimately wound up doing. I pray for you and your family, that you will all be authentic about your thoughts and emotions and that you will get help through this very difficult time.

So sorry for your loss, I will pray for you and your family. Please seek some outside help for yourself to sort through your feelings, had a friend go through something similar and that was a big help to him.

Sometimes we look back and only see the bad. Reading your story I felt lots of warmth and love
For your brother. everything you did you did because you care.

I can't imagine what you are going through, but you cannot blame yourself for others actions.

So sorry for your loss.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8304F1 using Tapatalk

Back