Grand Slam of golf canceled

honestly it's turned in to the NFL Pro Bowl anyway. Seems like there is always a year where all 4 major winners are playing and they have to find a fill in.

honestly it's turned in to the NFL Pro Bowl anyway. Seems like there is always a year where all 4 major winners are playing and they have to find a fill in.
That's a great analogy, it was once good, and a great watch, but both have since run their course.

Can't say I have watched this event over the last several years. That goes for the ProBowl as well.

No surprise here. The drama gave them a good excuse to cancel the one which made it easier to kill it all together.

I forgot this event even existed, so no skin off my back.

Ridiculous. It's taking away money from the local economy, just to spite a politician.

Ridiculous. It's taking away money from the local economy, just to spite a politician.

The flip side is they lose sponsors as a result of not acting.

Not going go lose sleep.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I can honestly say I never watched it so this will go down as something that doesn't matter to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When is the last time all 4 major winners were present? Not going to miss it.

The flip side is they lose sponsors as a result of not acting.

True, but some people rely on an annual tournament like this to make their money. Yes, the Tour may loose a sponsor, but the people in the community are the ones who pay to come watch, and stay in the hotels and eat the local foods and visit the local shops. Who's going to hurt more in the long run? The billions dollar PGA of America or the local business owner?

True, but some people rely on an annual tournament like this to make their money. Yes, the Tour may loose a sponsor, but the people in the community are the ones who pay to come watch, and stay in the hotels and eat the local foods and visit the local shops. Who's going to hurt more in the long run? The billions dollar PGA of America or the local business owner?

The PGA is about protecting the interests of the PGA. And let's be honest no one gave a **** about the Grand Slam of Golf anyway. It hasnt been played on American soil since 2006. Honestly I think the PGA probably wanted to do away with it anyway and this convenience excuse rolled up on their plate.

Isn't this near Rolling Hills?

Normally I would agree, but is this area really in the need of a weekend economical influx?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back