Bridgestone JGR Driver Review Thread

I really need need to give this a try. I've never really given Bridgestone Drivers a serious look.

Based on Snedeker's and Kuchar's driving I think this is going to a big sleeper for this year. I want to try it!!!

sneds never put the j815 in play, did he? i know kuchar did, so knowing that kuchar made the switch is very intriguing.

Ok, so guess it's of to the PGATSS on Saturday for a swing. Well done Roger! I sense your excitement!

Matt Kuchar made the switch this week.

Makes me want to hit one even more. I have a hunch I would fall in love with it though.

i see a lot of similarities in my game and kuch's game. except he's actually good at golf. and he's rich. we went to the same high school. that has to count for something.

seriously though the traction with the staffers has me really interested. i will hit this soon. although i might actually be even more intrigued by the fairway wood. when i held it in hand it had a profile that spoke to me.

Think the grooves will wear out on the driver?

Umm hearing that that didn't help. #wantone

Umm hearing that that didn't help. #wantone
This sounds like something that needs to be tried out. Need to find someone around here that carries these.

This sounds like something that needs to be tried out. Need to find someone around here that carries these.

No one I Know I'm out area has these currently. Only 2 places may get them..

Planet Golf and Palm Beach Golf Center in Aventura

Just over a month till I get to hit this.

I'd like to see a comparison of his last 10 tournaments with their previous driver compared with his next 10 with the new driver in terms of driving stats. It'd be cool if Bridgestone, heck all companies, put something like that together....Obviously it depends on more than just the driver, but it'd still be interesting to see.

I'd like to see a comparison of his last 10 tournaments with their previous driver compared with his next 10 with the new driver in terms of driving stats. It'd be cool if Bridgestone, heck all companies, put something like that together....Obviously it depends on more than just the driver, but it'd still be interesting to see.

I think the company would only put this out if there was a discernible improvement in the new stats with the new equipment.

No one I Know I'm out area has these currently. Only 2 places may get them..

Planet Golf and Palm Beach Golf Center in Aventura
May have to check them out next time I'm in DFW. This driver has got my attention.

Oh I'm fairly positive they'd never put this out...but it'd be cool to see. I'm wondering if there's somewhere to filter these stats online possibly.

I think the company would only put this out if there was a discernible improvement in the new stats with the new equipment.

So I went to PGATSS and hit this today and I came away VERY IMPRESSED! Very forgiving!! I tried a Regular Flex At 10.5 and it was all over the place. I finally got down to 9.5* Stiff and hit this shot as one on my last shots:

6ae9654c94906f16997d45a48d112b36.jpg

This is 30 yards further than my BB 815 Alpha and I know this because I was refitted for it 3 weeks ago.

Never hit that club and ball speed. 1.36 smash factor. Not bad! And here is the best part, look where the ball didn't go - Left! For High HDCP like myself, this is huge! The club I hit had a tape face, so I don't know what this club would without it.

Bridgestone is working its way to my bag. Can really see this driver in my possession soon.

So I went to PGATSS and hit this today and I came away VERY IMPRESSED! Very forgiving!! I tried a Regular Flex At 10.5 and it was all over the place. I finally got down to 9.5* Stiff and hit this shot as one on my last shots:

6ae9654c94906f16997d45a48d112b36.jpg

This is 30 yards further than my BB 815 Alpha and I know this because I was refitted for it 3 weeks ago.

Never hit that club and ball speed. 1.36 smash factor. Not bad! And here is the best part, look where the ball didn't go - Left! For High HDCP like myself, this is huge! The club I hit had a tape face, so I don't know what this club would without it.

Bridgestone is working its way to my bag. Can really see this driver in my possession soon.

that was a 9.5* driver in stiff flex that you hit 120' in the air? do you usually hit a high ball?

Yes and yes. I also hit the club high on the face. One of the guys helping out thought I might need a heavier shaft. I also notice the shaft that come standard in the driver is the Aldila NV 2XKXV Orange Driver Shaft. The Torque on the shaft is 5.2 - That sees high to me. Weight is 64g so that is not so bad.

Last edited:

I swung by PGASS this afternoon, I wanted to lay hands on this driver.
The store had three (3), two 10.5 and one 12 lofts. One stiff shaft.
There were four J815 drivers and seven J715 drivers.
After finding a sales rep, I grabbed the stiff shaft JGR and got on a launch monitor.
No warm up. Swing speed was 100-103. Launch was 13.5* or so. Ave carry was 230 yds, prob 250 total. Backspin was 3000+. Felt great!
I wish they had a) 9.5* head and b) more shaft options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hit this at the Milwaukee Golf Show on Friday. Talked a lot with the Bridgestone rep and he assured me that our local golf shop in madison would be getting these. I was given the 10.5 regular and on solid contact this felt great, but it really launched way too high for my tastes. I'm eager to try this in a 9.5 stiff and see what happens.

I swung by PGASS this afternoon, I wanted to lay hands on this driver.
The store had three (3), two 10.5 and one 12 lofts. One stiff shaft.
There were four J815 drivers and seven J715 drivers.
After finding a sales rep, I grabbed the stiff shaft JGR and got on a launch monitor.
No warm up. Swing speed was 100-103. Launch was 13.5* or so. Ave carry was 230 yds, prob 250 total. Backspin was 3000+. Felt great!
I wish they had a) 9.5* head and b) more shaft options.

how did this compare to your normal numbers with your gamer?

how did this compare to your normal numbers with your gamer?

It was more back spin and a little less carry. When I catch one flush, my normal driver is around 260 carry, 275 total. I can usually get one or two drives a round in the 290 neighborhood.

It was more back spin and a little less carry. When I catch one flush, my normal driver is around 260 carry, 275 total. I can usually get one or two drives a round in the 290 neighborhood.

wow, so this jgr felt good but didn't fit you at all? interesting.

wow, so this jgr felt good but didn't fit you at all? interesting.

I would like to hit the 9.5 head. My usual driver loft is 9*.

Back