New England Members

Beginning to think Newport cursed. Son is sick, had to cancel.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Beginning to think Newport cursed. Son is sick, had to cancel.

Hope he feels better Rob. You played 45 yesterday, I think you're good haha

Hope he feels better Rob. You played 45 yesterday, I think you're good haha
Thanks Alex. He's laying down now so I can nurse my hangover. Plus I'm a little sore from yesterday.

Swapped out the kuro cage for Matrix Radix stiff.
7ee3a84a84800f79f0d860df79b4fe74.jpg

New England Members

Instead of fresh pond, I'm doing Mt Hood @7:40 Sunday...2 spots available still.

Last edited:
@mpeterson any idea when we're getting the band together for a round or two to evaluate our games? I work every other Saturday so the more notice I have the better for me. Plus I have to sweet talk the bride :cyclops:

Hey guys hows franklin park for a track I hear good things

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Never played but I've heard good things as well for a muni.

Playing Shaker today, pretty excited

It's in good shape. It's part of a public park, so you're gonna have random people sitting on benches watching you, walking on paths that go right by greens, kids bike riding along a path....you'll get to listen in on a reggaeton concert around the 12th hole, lol. The first 3 holes have parked cars lining the entire right side, so aim left, lol.

It's not as bad as I make it sound... It's fun course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Playing Shaker today, pretty excited

How did you like Shaker? I haven't been up there since the redesign.

Played Wentworth Hills yesterday. Overall the course was in good shape considering it's March, but it constantly has the most unrepaired ball marks on the greens.

Played Wentworth Hills yesterday. Overall the course was in good shape considering it's March, but it constantly has the most unrepaired ball marks on the greens.

For $50 conditions were great bunkers need work but fairways and greens were decent

Play DW in Brockton sometime, greens look like the were hit by a hail storm. Getting better though. I'm always amazed when playing higher end tracks the lack of consideration by players. Unrepaired pelts and ball marks.

For $50 conditions were great bunkers need work but fairways and greens were decent

Let me know if you're heading up there again. I'd love to check it out.

Spring yard cleanup and burning today. Hope to get in 9 this afternoon if time permits. If not, a bucket and some bunker work.

Played 9 at Mt Hood. Played horrible, but I expected it. Got a soreness in my hip I never really felt before, so I'm thinking that maybe I'm coming along with the drills. I'm pretty happy with my putting...tough greens, but I only 3-putted once. Kinda soggy, but I'll take it for golf in March.

Played Raceway in Thompson, CT yesterday. 85 not too bad for first time out and first time seeing a peculiar track (would definitely do some things differently having seen it now). But, hey, who can complain playing golf in 55* weather on March 12th!!!

Range this afternoon for some boot camp level grinding to get the game in shape. My club (Sterling National) opens the 16th, so need to be ready for the money games ahead!

Bungay Brook and Wentworth Hills opened today. Thinking of heading over to WH Saturday morning.

Played Wentworth on Wednesday. My buddy and I walked 18. Course was in really good shape for opening day. My first 18 hole round of the season. Shot a 92.

I agree with previous comments about Shining Rock. I found it to be very gimicky. I played last Fall and there were no tee box markers. Was confusing getting around. Some absurdly long par 3s. No range. One tiny practice green. Not really a fan. Only way I'd play there again is if it was really cheap.

Played Wentworth on Wednesday. My buddy and I walked 18. Course was in really good shape for opening day. My first 18 hole round of the season. Shot a 92.

A couple of the pin placements were tough on Saturday, tucked away in the back corner, but not going to complain being able to play in March.

Just got back from Golfsmith getting new grip for stiff shaft on driver. Golfpride MCC plus 4, now I just need to get to the range and hit it..
fdf5a4594d8780f3ab56193bf8e781fb.jpg

Back