How often do you check your irons?

I check mine from the factory now--I have a had a couple of sets off what they were published to be day one. Then if I do any major swing change I will check them to see if there needs adjustment. Had not ever thought to see if they just stayed right, but then again I don't play forged.

Reading this thread has given me pause. I have never had my irons checked for lie angle and loft once they've initially been fit. Something to be considered.

Twice a year if I remember but always once.

Reading this thread has given me pause. I have never had my irons checked for lie angle and loft once they've initially been fit. Something to be considered.
I've never had them checked either Ken.....hmmm

I've had my irons adjusted, and after that, no checks. Might be checking within a year or two.

I also have never checked mine. Usually new every 2 years anyway. I will now just to see if any difference from new.

Once or twice a year. My Miura club builder actually does it for free, included as part of buying a set.

I'm a big proponent of rechecking as well. I had one set of Ping coppers bent to blue after buying them, then after about a year I noticed that my eight iron seemed to always push right, but the other short irons didn't. I went in and had it checked and sure enough, the eight had bent itself a couple of degrees flatter than the others. It was measuring out at red dot. I don't remember doing anything special to that eight, but there you have it. If you notice abherrent behavior out of one club when you think you're swinging it the same as the others, time to check.

The pro check them just for practice. That was 2 years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At home after work, or sunday afternoon when I feel like it ..... I clean the grooves with toothpicks. Polish with metal polish and car wax polish if necessary.

Once a year/season. Normally during the winter.

Once a year most of the time in early Spring. Then during the year if I start hitting a club and it is not getting good contact or distance.

I've never checked mine either, but being less than 2 years old, I wouldn't imagine they'd be off, but who knows?

I never check them....but now I think I'm going to do it to begin the season! Lucky for me, it won't cost me a dime.

I have not had my current irons checked. I had my old wedges checked after a season of play and man were they off! 50 was at 49, 54 was at 57, and 58 was at 57. I will end up having my irons and wedges checked this year before the season really kicks off.

I've never checked mine but after a range session on the turf today and a whole bunch of green marks out towards the toe I might look into it.

Twice a year!

Been years since I've checked mine lol oops

I never have, but this sounds interesting. Since I have only had them 4 months, I will have them checked at the end of year to see if they have changed.

I will be getting mine checked and fixed before the season starts.

Whenever I have one that seems like it might be tweaked due to it's gap seeming off. So far it's all been in my swing or in my head.

Never thought about this. Guess I'll bring them in and see if there is any adjustment needed. Never knew the lie could change from playing. I learn something new everyday...thanks to THP!

Back