Callaway XR16 Sub Zero Driver Preview

With that low of spin and likely launch with 9.5*, it would probably be aptly named for me. It would show my expected carry yardage. Doesnt mean I won't hit it, but it is probably above my pay grade. Looks great and love the concept though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the crown a gloss finish? This picture makes it seem like a matte crown over the rest of the glass head. I look forward to seeing some in-hands pics.

xr-16-sub-zero-driver-address-2016-XL.jpg

Its gloss, Pete.

OH My!! I am so glad I did not pull the trigger yesterday on the XR Pro, lower spin seems to be what I need.

My my.

The name is badass. Absolutely love it.

While I enjoy low spin I don't need to be hitting a 440cc driver and I'm not a better player.

Looking forward to seeing some A players hit this.

Paging JeffJohn.

You're a better player. I've seen it live.

After my experience with the original X Hot Pro driver, Callaway drivers scare me. I would want to give this one a swing though (another reason why I wish I could attend Club Clash).

It only comes in a 9.5 degree loft??? Forever or just now????

Interesting, not sure I've got the swing speed to move the ball out there with this but I'd sure like to try it out!

right hand only..for now..?

That's clean as a whistle!!

right hand only..for now..?

I don't believe there are plans to release any in lefty, though I'd bet JB/441 can get confirmation/denial on that today at Callaway.

Pretty driver. Love the name, and apparently, like me, a few other people thought of Mortal Kombat too.

One bad mofo of a driver. I was expecting different graphics or paint color to separate it from the XR16. I can only dream of being fitted into this driver.

I only have one question though,
How does Kang not have one yet?

Waiting for my XR16 Pro head to come in this week... I would like to A/B these but don't think this one would be for me. The great ones are probably great and the rest not so much... FINISH HIM!!!!

I guess I'm in the VAST minority here, I know this one is not for me, in any way shape or form.

Now, I want to hit it still, but simply for data collection and comparison purposes as I know I am not the super slim margin of golfers this is designed for.

Oh, I'm totally not the person for this driver either. It looks good, and has a great name, but I'll stick with the GBB I was fit into for this season.

Just curious, I certainly do not have a high SS but very high spin (4,000) so would this help or hurt? I fully intend to hit when it comes out just to see what happens, with the right shaft it seems like maybe the answer. I have no dreams of hitting it a lot farther than what I do now, but 10 more yards would be huge for me even if it was just roll out.

Just curious, I certainly do not have a high SS but very high spin (4,000) so would this help or hurt? I fully intend to hit when it comes out just to see what happens, with the right shaft it seems like maybe the answer. I have no dreams of hitting it a lot farther than what I do now, but 10 more yards would be huge for me even if it was just roll out.

4K RPMs? Without getting too far into the weeds, what's your swing speed, and where are you striking it on the face?

I really want to hit this. But I have a feeling no where near me well have this. I wonder if this could maybe make it to the Gauntlet...

Definitely not for me, but it looks freakin' amazing. Callaway continues to roll out amazing gear!

SS was steady around 96 with a high of 98 on the PGA SS sim, but on JB's LM never got above 90 I think so who knows.

Ball speeds 135 mph +/- at the PGA SS

With the XR16 Pro combo very close to center toe side with most, high toe is more normal with the 816 DBD. All depends on the day and body pain.

4K RPMs? Without getting too far into the weeds, what's your swing speed, and where are you striking it on the face?

This one sounds like it could be a ton of fun!

SS was steady around 96 with a high of 98 on the PGA SS sim, but on JB's LM never got above 90 I think so who knows.

Ball speeds 135 mph +/- at the PGA SS

With the XR16 Pro combo very close to center toe side with most, high toe is more normal with the 816 DBD. All depends on the day and body pain.

FlightScope is quite a bit more accurate with the data than the sim at a golf store.

I am in for one when they are released

Definitely think the sim was jacked, I have not become more fit or developed super powers. Just saw where this will not be out to retail stores to demo, only direct buy from Callaway or direct order from a Supplier. Tough to not be able to try it, but I am going to buy it.

FlightScope is quite a bit more accurate with the data than the sim at a golf store.

Very awesome looking, but not for me. Would be fun to hit just to see though.

Back