How much do you tip for pizza delivery?

Redowl

Reaction score
Handicap
fast food
I got into a bit of a 'debate' with a buddy about this the other night.
I tend to tip about 20% of the final bill (+/- based on service and other conditions). He usually tips anywhere from $2 - $6 (+/- based on service and other conditions).

My argument: The driver is in a service/waiting industry and that's what you do. If I spend $100 on pizza (which happens somewhat frequently) I'd feel very cheap only giving $6.
His argument: The delivery distance doesn't change if he buys $10 or $100 worth of pizza - therefor the delivery driver doesn't have to make a significantly different effort to deliver his food.

What say you?

Usually 5$.

If it takes forever less.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I got into a bit of a 'debate' with a buddy about this the other night.
I tend to tip about 20% of the final bill (+/- based on service and other conditions). He usually tips anywhere from $2 - $6 (+/- based on service and other conditions).

My argument: The driver is in a service/waiting industry and that's what you do.
His argument: The delivery distance doesn't change if he buys $10 or $100 worth of pizza - therefor the delivery driver doesn't have to make a significantly different effort to deliver his food.

What say you?

I tip in the $2-5 range depending on how much I order. If I order quite a bit I tip more as it's just more things the driver has to keep track of.

Delivery drivers are not like waitors/waitresses where the most of their money is derived from tips. Delivery drivers, at least where I'm from, get a pretty good hourly wage. The tips are just kind of a bonus around here.

My wife always does thw ordering and acceptance. She goes about 20% of bill.

I am too cheap to have it delivered. ?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Between $2-5.

Nothing if they start making $15 an hour.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Like 2 bucks. I'm annoyed by the 'delivery charge' they add on. Give that money to the driver instead of pocketing it. The usual PH is only 2 blocks away.

Usually 5$.

If it takes forever less.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Ninja Turtles always said never tip for late pizza.

I am far from rich, but even on a medium pizza I would tip at least $5 or more, depending what I have on hand. I appreciate they are working, and not standing on the corner with a sign ... I remember not that long ago, working my ass off, just so my daughter and I had something to eat that week. So I try to "give" back where I can ... I feel I make enough at this point to do it ... call it Karma.

Now my wife ... like $3 if they are lucky ...

Usually about $5.

If I was ordering a lot of pizza, I would tip more, but it would probably trend towards 10%

20% or more. From what I've heard, delivery drivers make notes of the places they deliver to. They will leave notes like "good tipper" or something worth while, like bad tipper. When good tippers call and order. They usually get delivery preference over bad tippers.

So I always tip well. Makes that 45 minute wait time closer to 20-30 minutes.

About $20% wip high depending on what we order is around $5

No place delivers to my house, probably a good thing.

10% since they already charge a delivery fee

My regular order is $33 so they get $7 for a tip. The best part is either delivery guy is a golfer friend, 1 a retired postal guy, the other a young 20ish, both are from the 2 courses I play regular men's night at.

make sure you take care of the delivery person. Next time he may give you some extras

20% or better. We get the same couple of drivers and they always take care of us if it's busy.

20% of the bill.

$5 but I never have it delivered, seems like a waste for what I can do myself in 10min.

Since I order for one, I don't get a lot of food, so $3 is perfect for me.

Paying with a $20 usually makes the tip around $4

Our typical order is $15.57 and I usually give a $20 and tell them to keep the change. Our regular guy usualky seems pleased with thst.

Back