Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons Review Thread

Today reaffirmed for me that I've never hit an iron as forgiving on the low miss.

I will second this. The low miss with these becomes not a miss.
These irons are the cats meow

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

This just makes me so happy as the low miss has been my most frequent miss this winter. Going for a fitting in 2 weeks and may just tell the fitter lets see what shaft work best with the CF 16's, haha.

FYI- I just had my loft and lie angles checked today, I custom ordered my set 2 up & 1 strong. Not a single club was correct to the ordered specs. These are great irons, but get them checked if you custom ordered them.

Dax

Only one of mine was correct. My fitter said most of the irons he gets regardless of company have to be adjusted.

I will get mine checked, don't think it has had any effect but that is weird that they none would be correct to spec.

Some of the lofts we're set to 1 strong (as ordered), but the lies were wrong on the same club.
None of mine had both of my requested specs (2 up & 1 strong) correct on the same club. I had them fixed, and now we are good to go.

Dax

8cde529cddccbef6c51aa3f9fe89684d.jpg

Can't wait till tomorrow morning!

140 easy PW, 120 easy 50°. I can add or take off 5-10 yards with either club.

Same here, went PW, 50, 56, 60 they are versatile

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

I bit, a set of 5 thru AW with XP95's and 2 up showed up at my door last night. A bit wet today but I'll be out with them on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday for rounds each day. And the XR16 with Elements Chrome + will be along for the ride in a head to head with my M2 with the same shaft.

A little sun and a little green grass will provide for a good test run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tell me the truth, does that room from your above picture smell of rich mahogany? It looks like it does.

Tell me the truth, does that room from your above picture smell of rich mahogany? It looks like it does.

HAH - My wife has designed my home office the same in our last 3 houses. Not my call, I'm a minimalist

HAH - My wife has designed my home office the same in our last 3 houses. Not my call, I'm a minimalist

Well, the office looks very official. The irons look right at home.

These things are addicting. At the conclusion of any iron reviews I find myself RUNNING back to them. Not a knock on other sets, just a testament to these. With my swing change right now I tend to hit the ball thin and it's like getting away with murder on these.

Plus, the PXi 6.5 combo in them is bliss for me.

Though those LZ's..... I can dream!

Haha, I got a good laugh reading this!

Only played 9 holes with these today and really didn't get to hit many iron shots. But, I had a very nice A wedge from 85 yards, nice 3/4 swing and stuck the green for a 8 foot birdie putt (missed, lol). 2nd hole of the day, I think 148ish, pulled an 8i and hit it off the toe (way way off the toe). Missed the green to the right in a bunker, but distance was still middle of the green.

With Callaway settled in on a 2 year release cycle what on earth are they going to do in 2017 to improve on these things

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Who says there's no stopping power with these? This is a 5 iron from 205
a30e97d4c6c000a3cd064378b2b56fe9.jpg

With Callaway settled in on a 2 year release cycle what on earth are they going to do in 2017 to improve on these things

Well they released XRs after the last apex release and those made it into a lot of bags. I'm expecting a partnership with a missile company and new XxxRs

Well they released XRs after the last apex release and those made it into a lot of bags. I'm expecting a partnership with a missile company and new XxxRs

Hmmmm partnership with Northrup Grumond and JATO assisted launch....... Interesting

Who says there's no stopping power with these? This is a 5 iron from 205
a30e97d4c6c000a3cd064378b2b56fe9.jpg
That's a huge 5 iron... And even better to stop like that! Awesome!

So went to an iron fitting today and left with a set of these on order. These heads matched with KBS Tour 120s in stiff were the clear winner. Not to mention they felt awesome. Was at a Callaway Performance center but hit all kinds of irons. XRs, Taylormade, Wilson C200s (moon balls for me with the KBS Tours, but the fitter thinks that these will be the surprise of the year) and a few others. Once we settled on the CF 16s, it was a matter of shafts. We ruled out the stock shafts immediately, but also hit The Tour Vs and Nippon Modus. In the end the Tours won out. Was a marathon of hitting but I did snap this pic on one of my swings.

05D38D40-CAB3-4AAA-AD27-D5768E398D7C_zps7gwjerny.jpg

The good news is that wasn't even the best one. :D Based on my face impact he said that he would leave it at standard and we can adjust later if needed. Put me in a half inch long, which worked out really well for me as I like to have a bit of the grip sticking out from my hands.

Really can't wait for these to get here. He watched me hit hybrids and actually recommended a 4 iron which I thought was odd based on my history but why not? Will give it a chance and see how it goes. Gaining about a half club to a club worth of distance on my speedblades, per their monitor. Will be interesting to see how it plays out on the course this year.

So went to an iron fitting today and left with a set of these on order. These heads matched with KBS Tour 120s in stiff were the clear winner. Not to mention they felt awesome. Was at a Callaway Performance center but hit all kinds of irons. XRs, Taylormade, Wilson C200s (moon balls for me with the KBS Tours, but the fitter thinks that these will be the surprise of the year) and a few others. Once we settled on the CF 16s, it was a matter of shafts. We ruled out the stock shafts immediately, but also hit The Tour Vs and Nippon Modus. In the end the Tours won out. Was a marathon of hitting but I did snap this pic on one of my swings.

05D38D40-CAB3-4AAA-AD27-D5768E398D7C_zps7gwjerny.jpg

The good news is that wasn't even the best one. :D Based on my face impact he said that he would leave it at standard and we can adjust later if needed. Put me in a half inch long, which worked out really well for me as I like to have a bit of the grip sticking out from my hands.

Really can't wait for these to get here. He watched me hit hybrids and actually recommended a 4 iron which I thought was odd based on my history but why not? Will give it a chance and see how it goes. Gaining about a half club to a club worth of distance on my speedblades, per their monitor. Will be interesting to see how it plays out on the course this year.

good stuff! what club were you hitting there?

I'll have more to post later in here but wanna get some quick thoughts in here. Today was by far the best ball striking day I've had with these irons. Everything felt crisp, awesome ball flight, when I missed the forgiveness was there for me and it really made me look forward to each iron shot. I'm genuinely excited to play golf with these irons

Back