The Bryson Dechambeau Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see any venom, I see a conversation that has people on both sides, and that's the purpose of a forum.

yeah i agree, i don't think anybody is hating on him. i think the conversation is about whether his unique approach will be tried by the masses. in my opinion it won't.

isn't he known to be a pretty slow player? that won't go over well.

If this thread is venom, well...that would be a new one.
Haha. Im actually more surprised someone would even see that anywhere in this thread, but then again, sometimes big fans, read things a bit differently and are searching for tone that might not be there. :D

Only venom is in the Spieth thread because if you didn't know already, and many don't, he's from Texas and he's destined for great things.

I'm super interested in watching this dude play. And his WITB is automatic click bait for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this thread is venom, well...that would be a new one.
Haha. Im actually more surprised someone would even see that anywhere in this thread, but then again, sometimes big fans, read things a bit differently and are searching for tone that might not be there. :D

Big fans.lol excuses excuses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well based on his Master's presser, he certainly has the self confidence.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yeah, I just watched a few minutes... he definitely seems confident, which seems to be a common denominator at the level these guys are at. Sometimes it can seem like something other than just plain confidence and I'm not sure he'd get the exposure he does if he didn't play same length irons. He does seem to have what it takes mentally though, so far... maybe he'll get a win this year.

That was a very bizarre presser.

My fantasy team is counting on him. :)

Just watched a press conference pre masters with him. Never knew Bobby Jones's clubs were all almost the same length. Anyway, perhaps he is not as arrogant as i first thought.. I would like to see him experience a few losses and see how he reacts. I do remember an event this year abu dabbi? where he didnt assist finding his oponents ball.. I thought an effort or jester would be nice.

What shaft length does he play? A typical 7 or 8 iron?

One of weirdest pressers I've ever seen. Actually thought (think) he may be on something. If not, he's quirkiest golfer I've ever seen

What shaft length does he play? A typical 7 or 8 iron?
He bases it on the plane he wants to achieve, which is 70 degree throughout the swing. It sets up perfectly for his 7 iron, so, his whole set is 7 iron length.

Every press conference I've seen has been a bit strange, and I know people talk about him being a physics major and all, but his description of why the single length irons work didn't make a ton of sense from that standpoint.

One of weirdest pressers I've ever seen. Actually thought (think) he may be on something. If not, he's quirkiest golfer I've ever seen

Show me a bag full of same length golf clubs and I'll bet you dinner the interview with that player will be an interesting one.

Show me a bag full of same length golf clubs and I'll bet you dinner the interview with that player will be an interesting one.

Its like talking to a hockey goalie, something is just a little bit off.

Looking forward to Bryson playing well this week.

He is an interesting character to say the least. I'm pulling for him and hope he doesn't get to technical. His teachers can be a bit over the top long winded. He reminds me of a young Payne Stewart and think he will fit in well on tour.
I just wonder what happens if does go with cobra or any company. Do they create a same length set of club for the GP?

The Cobra same length set is ready to go for him already after this week as far as I know, switched to cobra driver/woods already.

He is an interesting character to say the least. I'm pulling for him and hope he doesn't get to technical. His teachers can be a bit over the top long winded. He reminds me of a young Payne Stewart and think he will fit in well on tour.
I just wonder what happens if does go with cobra or any company. Do they create a same length set of club for the GP?

My guess would be yes. He's one of the most talked about am's on awhile. Will be interested to see who picks him up after this week.

My guess would be yes. He's one of the most talked about am's on awhile. Will be interested to see who picks him up after this week.

Has something changed in the last week I don't know about. The deal is done with Cobra I thought.

i can't see this making any sense without a fitting, and really knowledgeable clubmaker. doing this off the rack seems like a great way to set somebody up for failure.

i can't see this making any sense without a fitting, and really knowledgeable clubmaker. doing this off the rack seems like a great way to set somebody up for failure.

Tommy Armour had these in the early 90 and people bought them. Time will tell, it may be the next big thing in golf.

I don't know if I am completely sold on this kid yet, but he sure is interesting... slow... but interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back