Alan4014

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone ever play a 1 man scramble format? Played one yesterday and it was fun and different. Whould you try it?

Anyone ever play a 1 man scramble format? Played one yesterday and it was fun and different. Whould you try it?

Is that four swings per each shot? I've walked 36 in a day before, but that sounds mentally exhausting! I'd try it, although I think that I'd do a three or four club tourney first.

And how did it go? Inquiring minds want to know!

Is that four swings per each shot? I've walked 36 in a day before, but that sounds mentally exhausting! I'd try it, although I think that I'd do a three or four club tourney first.

And how did it go? Inquiring minds want to know!

No. Just 2 per shot.
Also I should add it was 9 holes.
It was a first attempt, and it needs to be flighted going forward. I play to a 12.6 I think, and I shot -1. A scratch guy shot -5.

No. Just 2 per shot.
Also I should add it was 9 holes.
It was a first attempt, and it needs to be flighted going forward. I play to a 12.6 I think, and I shot -1. A scratch guy shot -5.

That is more manageable! I haven't done the scramble aspect, but I've played 2 balls for 9 holes when I was sent out as a single in the middle of a packed tee sheet.

At first glance, those scores seem fairly reasonable. A higher handicap player would see the most improvement with the second shot.

Local club does a one man scramble on Fathers Day, it can be fun.

My partner for a 2 ball didn't show up one time so I played solo.

It kinda sux, yes you get 2 attempts but there are still shots I can't play that others can :)

E.g. if you can't play a flop shot and you get behind a bunker.

I kept finding I had similar results with each ball. If I did it again now I would prob play one ball safe (with a different club) and then load up with second.

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

That is more manageable! I haven't done the scramble aspect, but I've played 2 balls for 9 holes when I was sent out as a single in the middle of a packed tee sheet.

At first glance, those scores seem fairly reasonable. A higher handicap player would see the most improvement with the second shot.

I AM that higher handicap player, and you are correct. I sometimes play two balls when flying solo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played an event where you could take a mulligan anytime and anywhere; the only difference is that you HAD to play the 2nd shot regardless of how it turned out. I was shocked to learn that I was the only player under par for this tournament!

I've been a one man wolf pack before.

I've done this from time to time. Kinda a what if. You save so many strokes doing this it's not even funny.

I have heard of pros doing a worse ball scramble to make themselves practice grinding.

I would say I saved 4 or 5 shots with my second ball. 2 putting and 2 chipping for sure.

Back