Airline Rewards Programs & Deals Thread

I've had the Delta card since I lived in Salt Lake City, and they've killed the companion fare - which super sucks. However, you do get free checked bags and priority boarding, which I don't believe you always get on Alaska, so it's this or that. If I had kids, I would switch in a heartbeat for that companion fare.
I've still gotten companion certificates with Delta. Sitting on two at the moment actually.

I've still gotten companion certificates with Delta. Sitting on two at the moment actually.
Yeah they still give them to you with the platinum, but they used to with the gold as well and they killed that

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

So I'll just throw this out and there and see if anyone is interested. In talking to my sister about flights and such for Club Clash and a couple other trips that are on the horizon.

She suggested this is a great time of year for me to ask anyone I know that has more airline miles than they will ever use, if they would be interested in selling some of them for cash for the Holidays. In turn I can use the points for a trip and probably at a cost less than buying the ticket (possibly just depends on the value of points to the person I guess)

So I'm puttting it out there, if anyone has miles (preferably SouthWest but open to any) that you'd be interested in selling, let me know. I"m probably not wanting to spend more than $250 as the price of the flights aren't much more than that in most cases.

Just be certain that you can trust whoever it is that is getting the ticket for you with points. I know for a fact that there are unscrupulous people out there who will take your money and cancel the ticket (with varying costs of cancellation dependent upon frequent flyer program) and you'll be SOL.

One option for snagging a cheap fare is tracking the fare using google.com/flights/. You can set it up to look at historical pricing for the flight, not sure if it can alert you for fare drops as well.

Just transferred my SPG points to AA and am loaded up for 2016 for upgrades.
My one wish is that i could transfer miles back to hotel points, but really none of the airlines let you do that.
I have a ton of United miles and dont fly them, so will just keep holding on to them until they are worth doing something with.

What was the conversion factor for points to miles?
My one wish is that i could transfer miles back to hotel points, but really none of the airlines let you do that.
I have a ton of United miles and dont fly them, so will just keep holding on to them until they are worth doing something with.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Any trade interests lol

Any transfer fees or is it free if you're not transferring to someone else?
SPG converts at 1:1.
It earns the same way as airline rewards.
The 20% bonus is nice when you transfer 20k points to miles though.

Sure, what are you looking to trade?

Any transfer fees or is it free if you're not transferring to someone else?

Its free. Just about every hotel company lets you transfer to airlines for no charge.

Just got the email, I was upgraded for my flight going home this morning. Had a good seat regardless, but the upgrade is nice, especially because breakfast choices are my favorites AA offers with the quiche or chicken sausage being available. I think it will be a Baileys kind of morning.

AA stepping up their breakfast game
French toast soufflé with peaches and brown sugar
87a31089c36adbaa363d922e91c61da9.jpg

Don't forget to use them before they expire. Somehow my wife and I forgot we had one left last year and it expired. We realized it 10 days too late.

United is the only airline I've found with a decent miles > product trade in.

I decided to consolidate on AA early last year, and used my United miles on a Bushnell Neo XS. I'm not sure if they still have that marketplace set up, but the exchange rate for iPads and iMacs was pretty reasonable.

Hey 441,

Through March 31, 2016, you can earn a 25% bonus when you transfer Marriott Rewards points to United MileagePlus — this is on top of the regular 20% bonus you’ll receive when converting Marriott points into United miles, as part of the duo’s RewardsPlus partnership.

Hey 441,

Through March 31, 2016, you can earn a 25% bonus when you transfer Marriott Rewards points to United MileagePlus — this is on top of the regular 20% bonus you’ll receive when converting Marriott points into United miles, as part of the duo’s RewardsPlus partnership.

ugggh a shame I already transferred a bunch and they are now sitting on a flight that doesnt exist. Only got about 30K at the moment, got some Marriott stays lined up but not til end of march

Its ridiculous to me Delta will not let you use miles for hotels and/or other things unless you either have the Amex card or have status with them.

Picked up a Chase Sapphire Preffered to accumulate some flight/hotel points from my daily spending. I don't travel much for work, or have any loyalty to one airline, so I thought it best to get a card that was the best non-specific option.

In any light, it will be better than my previous cards (AmEx and Chase Freedom) that had pretty crappy rewards in general, and no boost on travel related spend.

I have a 3 hour layover in DFW this morning when I get there in a few hours, and I might splurge and enjoy the Centurion Lounge from AMEX. For Platinum users its free and included (Im not one), but for all other Amex users its $50 for day of travel use and has top notch amenities like showers, full spa (included in price), fantastic food, drinks, etc. Its located in terminal D for those wondering.

I have a 3 hour layover in DFW this morning when I get there in a few hours, and I might splurge and enjoy the Centurion Lounge from AMEX. For Platinum users its free and included (Im not one), but for all other Amex users its $50 for day of travel use and has top notch amenities like showers, full spa (included in price), fantastic food, drinks, etc. Its located in terminal D for those wondering.

Worth it. When I had major delays in DFW I bit the bullet and did it and worth every single penny

Worth it. When I had major delays in DFW I bit the bullet and did it and worth every single penny

Since we were a couple of minutes behind (shocking At dfw) and I wanted to get a shoe shine I skipped it this time. Especially considering food is part of it and I had breakfast on first flight and have lunch on next one.

But I will be back here on Thursday and Saturday and think on sat it happens.

Yup, 100% agree that it's worth it. It's worth it for the mimosas if nothing else. ;)

Just got an email to upgrade to AA Gold Status for $399.

Worth it?

Just got an email to upgrade to AA Gold Status for $399.

Worth it?

Depends how many flights you have coming up. It means you can qualify for upgrades and your bonus is bigger.

Depends how many flights you have coming up. It means you can qualify for upgrades and your bonus is bigger.

I mean I fly 10-12 times a year on average.

If I get the free bag from AA Gold, do I still get my free bag through my AA card so I would get two free bags?

I mean I fly 10-12 times a year on average.

If I get the free bag from AA Gold, do I still get my free bag through my AA card so I would get two free bags?

You know, I honestly dont know. I dont believe so.
Gold gives some great upgrades once you learn the system and the 500 mile platform. You also earn some solid points. With 12 flights in a year, you would probably qualify anyway considering I think its 25 legs.

Something to consider is when you know you have a few flights coming up in a 60 day period, calling and asking for a Gold challenge and seeing if they give it to you.

Back