How Many Clubs Do You Carry?

Trmpt98

2024 Vokey / 2023 GOAT Cup / 2019 Bridgestone
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
To go off the thread of "How Much Stuff Do You Carry?" it got me thinking of how many clubs people carry. I am usually a strict observer of the 14 club maximum, especially during league play. This year I have been tinkering more in the off season and have some side by side comparisons of clubs so my bag has jumped to 16 clubs :bulgy-eyes: during my casual 18 hole rounds. Currently the "extra" clubs in my bag are 2 7 irons, one with the stock KBS shaft and one that I bought off ebay and put a TT DG S300 shaft in to compare. The other is an extra 3 wood, I won one off a contest so it went into the bag, but will probably stay so I might as well take my old gamer out. I also used to have extra driver shafts in the bag while I was tinkering around at the range, although I don't think that's a violation unless I use one on the course.

Does anyone carry more than 14 clubs and if so, why?

I typically dont, heck I think right now I have 13 and could probably be 12

Always 14 for me since I bought a full set of irons. I used to have sand, PW, 8, 6, 4, 2, driver & putter but I wasn't good enough to warrant a full set

I carry 14 clubs, although I could probably leave out a club or two and not notice (looking at you, fairway wood).

14 always. Wish I could carry just 1 more. It actually drives me crazy when I see my buddy has only 12, because I'd love to have extra spots available, ha.

Always 14 for a full 18 hole round. Will occasionally scale it down to 9 or 10 if just walking and carrying for 9.

I carry 14 clubs, although I could probably leave out a club or two and not notice (looking at you, fairway wood).

The course I normally play for league I would easily get rid of a few and probably only play with 12. I agree with the fairway woods and longer irons. Don't even think I would need to carry a 5 iron.

I’m usually right at 14 clubs. Unless I’m borrowing or testing a club out, then I might have 15 for a bit.

14 for me when play starts. I have taken a couple extras to the range to decide what might go in the bag for the round.

Depending on the length and the layout of the golf course. 7-10 golf clubs in the bags.

Always keep 14, but might add a 7 and pw from my old set for the next round, just to get some yardage differences. Wanted to do it last weekend but forgot, then had a long frost delay so tee times got tighten and never had room behind us to try an extra shot or two.

I just carry 14.

I don't believe I hit the ball far enough or have the consistency to make the most of full shot gapping as it is.
Figuring out wedges and the long sticks is often on my mind and might change if I played different courses so if I was practicing that is where I'd add more.
If I had a choice and could build my own set of irons I'd space them out a little and loose one club somewhere after the 7 iron in order to add another wedge.

Currently 13. Took out the fairway wood cause I can’t hit them. Knowing me when I see the distance require the fw I know I will use it even though I can’t hit it.
Until I find one I could hit half decent I will carry one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 here. MAYBE the rare case of 15 if I'm messing with two drivers or an additional loft in wedges and I know that the course is open enough for me to mess with it during the round.

Only a max of 14 at all times. I don't ever want to forget and have an extra club in a tournament.

14, but I'd be behind any effort to increase the legal limit to 15, 16 or more. I'm really surprised the club manufacturers haven't lobbied for it. With 15, I'd go for a 2nd driver.

fourteen. If it was changed to 15 I would throw another wedge in, but doubt it would improve my scoring any.

Rarely is it anything but 14 for me.

Currently I'm basically playing 13. The lofts of my F8s are so strong now that things get wonky at the top of the bag. I have testing out carrying 14 by adding a 3W for off the tee (I generally carry only a 4W).

I will keep it to 14 at a max, but I did play with 16 on Friday morning's MC practice round. I learned that I can't really have 16 fit in there, it was pretty difficult getting anything in and out.

The last few rounds, I've had 16. I've been trying another driver and 3W and wanted to hit them side by side the ones I've been playing.

14 currently. Might go down to 10 when I banish all the woods/hybrids from my bag for hating me.

To go off the thread of "How Much Stuff Do You Carry?" it got me thinking of how many clubs people carry. I am usually a strict observer of the 14 club maximum, especially during league play. This year I have been tinkering more in the off season and have some side by side comparisons of clubs so my bag has jumped to 16 clubs :bulgy-eyes: during my casual 18 hole rounds. Currently the "extra" clubs in my bag are 2 7 irons, one with the stock KBS shaft and one that I bought off ebay and put a TT DG S300 shaft in to compare. The other is an extra 3 wood, I won one off a contest so it went into the bag, but will probably stay so I might as well take my old gamer out. I also used to have extra driver shafts in the bag while I was tinkering around at the range, although I don't think that's a violation unless I use one on the course.

Does anyone carry more than 14 clubs and if so, why?

Free clubs don't count against the limit.

I always carry 14. Why not give yourself as many options as possible? The game is hard enough without removing clubs, I don't need to make it any harder on myself.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Back